Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 14-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Master
Unhappy How do I heal from.............

I have no children, and my husband and I don't ever plan on having children. Mainly because we're too old LOL (I'm 35 he's 40) and neither of us have ever wanted children (I met my husband 7 years ago) and we're both too independent and nervous to have someone depend on us entirely.
So we have cats
And our cat's are our family and our children.
Last year I lost my boy Speye whom I had for over 12 years, he and I were great buddies, every single time I would feel depressed no matter where he was he would hop in the window and lay near me. He was found out on the field dead, I feel from cancer because a month before he died he was on me like superglue and deep down I know he was saying goodbye to me, in fact I told Dan "he's going to die on us Dan he's saying goodbye."
Then our Smudgie cat who was dumped at our house and we took in, and we had for three years, died from Pancreatitis four months ago. A month later we decided we would take in a kitten, a barn kitten, well last month, we found out she had feline aids and that same week developed FIV so badly we put her down at four months of age.
Then our Mama cat, last week we put down becuase she was having seizures every 4 hours and the vet suspected a brain tumor. She was all of 18, we adopted her seven years ago from the SPCA a day before she was to be put down.
My question is...how do I heal from these babies losses. I cry a lot over them, I miss them so much. We're down to two cats now both young and healthy, and in due time we will adopt another cat that is in much need (that's just how we are) or we figure some in need cat will find it's way to our home.
How do I heal from these babies passing? I've only dreamt of my baby Speye, and I feel them around me a lot.
But how do I grieve them? Sometimes I wake up crying and i know it's because i'm grieving my four legged friends
THanks
Spiritlite
Old 14-10-2010, 05:28 PM
cheeky_monkey

My honest answer.......I don't know. But I've lost pets too and know the pain you must be feeling having had to make these decisions and say goodbye. I had a finch I adored and still do even though he is no longer with us. When he died I lit a tealight candle and prayed that he would be happy and well in his new life in heaven. Like you I had other pets to consider and although it was difficult, I concentrated on building a stronger bond with them, something which has not only benefited myself but them too. I've got myself into a frame of mind where I accept that I will loose them one day but will not let it affect the closeness I share with them. I feel blessed our finch was in our lives and have faith that one day we will meet again. Just as I write this the song Barcelona by Freddie mercury plays in my head, the bit where he says 'if God is willing, we will meet again, someday'. I guess my faith that we will be together again has helped.

Please don't consume yourself with sadness. Your cats brought joy to your life and would not want their passing to cause you to feel this grief. I know it's only my word, but animals imho do survive death and you must remember that you gave them love and a wonderful home which they may not have had otherwise.

Big hugs and bestest wishes

cheeky
Old 14-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Master
I'm sorry to hear about your losses.. I would suggest going to therapy to work through the emotions in conjuction with shamanic healing, self care and eft, also journaling the feelings, talking about them and just breathing through them helps
Old 14-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Master
Cheeky thankyou so much;
Often I've felt my cats around me and those that recently pass I tell them that's it's okay to go to heaven and that if they want to visit me that's fine. I just trust in the idea that when I eventually pass I will be meeting all my furry friends with much love on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.
It also makes me realize that my cats have short lives. So now I appreciate the two cats I have now, and if they want to be spoilt I spoil them. My Plinkie cat that was abandoned where I work wants ham all the time and I give it to her because I realize she will live such a short life compared to mine I need to spoil the baby.
Thankyou
Spiritlite
Old 14-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Master
Cry when you need to cry. Remember the memories and carry them and the love you have for your animals in your heart. You never loose the connection with your animal, they stay with you which is why you are feeling them around. In time you may feel less of a connection as you start to heal. I get the feeling they are around you so much because they know you are feeling so sad about their passing.

When you have had to take a animal to a vet for assistance, you are giving them the last great gift that can be given. They trust you do to what's right for them and not once have you let them down.

Your gorgeous cat who spent so much time saying goodbye, did so to ensure you were in the best possible place when his time came.

Your animals have such great love for you and your husband and they have enjoyed their lives with you. Take comfort that the animals you have now, the ones who have passed and the ones you will share with in the future have all come to you for a reason and that may simply be for love.

Hugs cesx
Old 14-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Master
Thankyou everyone for your kind responses everything you all said is so true. I miss my Speye cat especially because I had him for so long and him and i were best buddies. The hardest was putting down our four month old baby but yeah they had a decent death all of them. Thankyou
Spiritlite
Old 14-10-2010, 06:25 PM
cheeky_monkey

Big hugs Spiritlite .
Old 14-10-2010, 06:41 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
My question is...how do I heal from these babies losses. I cry a lot over them, I miss them so much. We're down to two cats now both young and healthy, and in due time we will adopt another cat that is in much need (that's just how we are) or we figure some in need cat will find it's way to our home.
How do I heal from these babies passing? I've only dreamt of my baby Speye, and I feel them around me a lot.
But how do I grieve them? Sometimes I wake up crying and i know it's because i'm grieving my four legged friends
THanks
Spiritlite

(((((((((Spiritlite)))))))))))))))))...soft, gentle, comforting hugs to you. My late husband and I also were ones who opted not to bring children into the world, a decsions we never regretted. We "parented" canine companions and as with you and your cats, they were our children and our family. Of course since dogs and cats don't live as long as people, that means a constant repeating round of loss and grieving. How do you handle it? You don't. You cry and mourn and honor them and the role they played in your life by ALLOWING yourself to do so! Don't let anyone tell you, "It was JUST a cat!" ... that is insensitive beyond belief, and false as well! All God's creatures are sentient, feeling beings with minds, feelings and souls. Your cats have come to you in those dreams you reference, as well as when you sense them around you. They see your pain and they know your love... and they love you, too! Talk to their spirits... it's possible you know! And ask them to guide the perfect right next feline companion to manifest itself (themselves? ) to you. Also know that those animal companions we lose throughout our sojourn in the earth wait for us across the proverbial Rainbow Bridge where they frolic in young, vital, healthy bodies, patiently waiting for us to join them when it is our time. When we do, there will be a great big raucus party!!!! [I have it on the good authority of my friend, spiritual author and speaker, Dannion Brinkley ] Meanwhile, don't beat yourself up for crying and being sad. You have a right to be! Your tears are nothing to be ashamed of. Rather they honor the furkids that have transitioned into spirit. Believe me, they know. They are nothing less than high spiritual teaching masters, masquerading in fursuits!

I feel your pain and I am extending healing light, love and comfort to you...

Blessed Be!
Old 14-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Master
Lightfilled heart you touched my heart, thankyou. I know people say
"but they're only cats" and that gets me so angry because they are souls just as we human are.
Thankyou for your response
Spiritlite