Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 03-03-2016, 06:32 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
If I was a Tibetan monk, sure maybe. But I'm just a plain ordinary soul who was lost in life until I found my place to be in the world. Is this the path for everyone? No, just me. That's all I know and think about.
I understand what you are trying to say. Having your own house to operate from does provide that sense of " groundness" of safety, and that somewhere from where one can clear themselves from other people's negative ideas one cumulates from being in the public area along the day.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lighter
one can clear themselves from other people's negative ideas
Very big for me. I do not let negative people into my circle anymore, period. Being in the country, away from the mindless activity of the concrete jungle, is also big for me.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:15 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
If I have understood you correctly regarding the lower auras and the physical body... The outer most auras(layers), for instance emotional and mental auras, if they are in a bad shape, they collapse into the center(the human body) and it becomes a pot of mess due to the mixtures and nothing being kept separate... A example would a chocolate praline.... The outer most part of the chocolate praline is a solid piece of chocolate and the inner most part of the praline, a soft delicious stuffing of a different fruit flavor.

If a chocolate praline didnt have that specific separation , it wouldn't be a chocolate praline. This analogy applies to the auras as well. Is that correct?

The goal is to keep the aura layers separate and not one big mess aura with mixture of all of auras.

Soul retrieval sounds interesting... Can one not ground itself unless all the parts of the aura are in place?

regarding first grounding..

I may not of been clear but for me it evolved from my first excerises which was so long ago I am not sure what I learned first. I think it was shielding with a wall of light around me before dropping the shields to moving to filling up myself with light and grounding. that process of shielding to filling up was contrasting and comparing books. in the shield I felt closed off form the world.
so for you it is good to ask why it means to feel grounded, for how do you know unless you explore it.

so start off where you can for simple grounding is better then no grounding eh ? and look at what works for you.

regarding the layers of a aura, I was surpised there was 7 layers or more if you work with more chakra perhaps it is like they say ,,
a jedi depends greatly on his own point of view. eheh.

the thing is there are some who can see auras, and so what you see comes from what they experience , and shared in books.

my ride is here, be back later.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:55 PM
Deactivated Account
Yeah I can see how this is one of those terms that is often mentioned but not necessarily easy to define....

To be ungrounded by definition means "lacking a solid foundation"

I think the notion of being 'grounded' represents that you feeling integrated with regards to the various components (mental, emotional, physical) that make up your 'foundation' - your core... Also the notion of feeling connected with your immediate surroundings and this reality that is being experienced in the present.

When someone is experiencing a lot of mental or emotional turmoil, there is that feeling of being consumed by your own mind activity, or lost in your thoughts - and that individual may subsequently feel disconnected from his/her surroundings due to all the conscious energy that is being directed to the mental activity and unfolding internal drama. When this happens you can lose awareness of what's going on around you and lose touch with the external reality you find yourself in.

One of the most common 'grounding' suggestions is to go out and spend time immersed in nature. I think this has the effect of restoring balance in that it influences the person to restore that connection with the Earth and his/her surroundings - which simultaneously will serve to lessen the amount of conscious energy that was previously being dedicated towards fueling the mental/emotional activity and and which was creating imbalance... The more attention and awareness you direct to your 'external world', the less your attention and awareness are being directed to your 'internal world'... So this can have a balancing effect and by shifting your focus more towards what is going on around you as opposed to inside of you...

Another time individuals can find themselves feeling 'ungrounded' is when they are experiencing significant spiritual growth and internal changes. There are times where a lot of internal energy is generated and it can supercharge your mind activity and results in a seemingly incessant flow of thoughts pouring through. Some individuals may experience sort of getting lost in their own little unfolding 'internal reality' they are experiencing in that state - and they subsequently feel disconnected from their external reality and may even feel disconnected from their body. The mental activity/stimulation consumes their conscious energy again. The advice to go spend time in nature and walk barefoot is again intended to bring the person "back down to Earth" and that means restoring balance and their reconnecting with their surrounding environment and current reality. Also grounding suggestion has to do with eating foods, and certain foods. The act of eating can influence a person to restore physiological awareness and conenct with their denser form (the body), and also certain foods require more internal energy to digest - so it is offered that consuming such foods can have the effect of diverting internal energy that was previously being directed to fueling overwhelming mental activity....

Hope this helps....
Old 04-03-2016, 03:57 AM
Master
Typically what happens is one is doing spiritual practices usually working with energy that overloads them.

That meaning that the energy is hitting on obstructions causing emotional upsets, high levels of anxiety or outbursts. It is not fun.

Grounding means to help lower the level of energy flowing through you, to calm it to reasonable levels. When you are really overloading it is best to stop all practices for a few days. Beyond that common grounding techniques that work really well are walking outside barefoot, working in the garden, basically getting outside and into the earth, working with it. Taking a bath is also grounding.

I hope this helps,

Tom
Old 04-03-2016, 11:32 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
If one is unable to ground themself, how do they protect themselves from the bad? Isn't higher self's /angels to protect them from the spiritual realm of bad things?

I can't imagine why you would not be able to ground yourself :)
Also it is just one method of Aaiyyanist protection, such as Asuric reflection, Siddhic Radiance, Aaiyyanist Binding Seals, and Deva Invocation as you also mentioned :)
Old 04-03-2016, 11:48 AM
Knower

I have tried the usual walking barefoot, yoga and what usually happens is that something in my head shifts my thoughts and then it stops me from continuing doing yoga, dancing and visualization techniques of tree and your feets and praying.

Nothing seems to work.

For a month or so, I was seeing and felt thoughts related to the Tiger and so I was looking more information about it, watching videos of it and sometimes I felt the tiger roar in my head.

It seems like something in my head controls what I need to feel, experience and do for that specific period of time as I explained above with doing yoga, dancing and visualization.

This has been going now I suspect for a decade or so the very least and it is only in the last 3 years I am aware of how powerful this thing is. Imagine seeing images of norweigian formula for your feet and when are walking in the city, it automatically redirects you like a pain to enter the shop and you are standing infront of the norweigian formula bottles.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:11 AM
Lorelyen

To me, this piece of jargon means having your feet on the ground, being practical in everyday life.
For all our spiritual practices we still have to administer our lives. We develop but need our
familiar frame of reference.

It can be difficult when some spiritual practices lead you into other realms
and you can't be sure to what extent they're impinging on your ordinary activities.
- and this is why practitioners of magic almost always do a closing rite,
so they can return to "reality" without interference from the netherworlds.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:54 AM
Master
I said "show me the ladder, that I may climb up to heaven '
He said "your head is the ladder, bring your head down under your feet.
~ Rumi

I just posted this somewhere else so added it here..:)

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 05-03-2016, 03:21 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
I said "show me the ladder, that I may climb up to heaven '
He said "your head is the ladder, bring your head down under your feet.
~ Rumi

I just posted this somewhere else so added it here..:)

Meaning? Could you precise your point?