Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

View Poll Results: Are you in a relationship or are you single?
I am in a relationship at the moment. 75 28.85%
I am single at the moment. 185 71.15%
Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2013, 07:38 PM
Knower

Single and don't see that changing any time soon. I have mixed feelings about being single. I'm not sure married life is for me but I do want some sort of relationship at some point. I like some of the ideas that have been mentioned on here though without being too specific. :P
Old 09-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Tara_Joy

Single, but I have agreed to a date this Friday. Oh my....
Old 29-08-2013, 06:49 AM
Master
bump this up in case there is anyone else who wants to join in.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 29-08-2013, 07:51 AM
Teiksma

Why so much single people?
Old 29-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Master
There is a lot isn't there. I started this same thread several years ago on this site and the poll was about 50/50 then, with a large number voting. I don't know why its changed since then.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 29-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Nada

You know...
I have never been so confused about my relationship status until now...

When I voted initially when this poll was new, I selected "I am in a relationship".
However, now I am going through a divorce, it has changed.. but it is complicated.

In fact, I had the following discussion with my therapist few weeks ago.
Me: Is it proper and healthy for me to I start dating during this divorcing period?
T: Absolutely, you can date. Many people date during their divorce.
Me: What do I tell my date about my relationship status since I am technically still married? Divorcing?
T: You tell them that you are separated.
Me: ... but I am not really separated since we are still living in a same house...
T: oh... that is right.. But you are still separated in the same house. So, your status is still separated.
Me:.... ok... so my status is separated...in the same house...

Luckily, dating is not on my priority list at the moment, although I would love to date again if a right opportunity comes up with a right man.
My focus right now is on finishing my grad program, starting a new career, and deciding on a new location to live.

However, if I do date during this divorcing period, I am not looking forward to explaining my relationship status to my potential date.
Old 31-08-2013, 12:38 PM
StaroftheSea

I am single yet in regular contact with my ex-husband (separated for 7 years) on a strictly platonic basis as my 19 year old lives with his Father and given deaths in the family and some care involved, I had to return unfortunately (platonically). Now time to move on.....
Old 31-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
There is a lot isn't there. I started this same thread several years ago on this site and the poll was about 50/50 then, with a large number voting. I don't know why its changed since then.

It could be partly because the complications and emotional/psychic pain of relationships gone bad are so traumatic, that people feel pressured to opt for no more pain - they don't want the chance to get involved in something that has the potential for bringing that much pain. People may be growing more sensitive in these times. And people are embracing the fact that they get involved too quickly in a new relationship - jumping from one bad to the next isn't cutting it and it's not really a necessity to 'have' someone in their lives.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:06 PM
Runswithhorses

Bunny I am rising as I am falling

I am recently single and nurturing my own self love one day at a time. I am reconnecting with my inner self. This is time of working on my own spiritual foundation and trying each day to recognize the beauty and magic in every moment possible.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Deactivated Account
I'm strictly single at the moment but dating someone and it's looking likely to develop.

I was single for 5 and a half years then I was in a long distance relationship for 8 months, which ended over a year ago.

I've been very lonely but being single showed me how to be independent and also to turn inward so that my spiritual development really took off. If I get into a relationship now I will never forget what I've learned about myself over the years.

I'd suggest that many people on the site are single so they can focus on their spiritual development because this is primarily an inner process, although relationships are an important learning experience too.