Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 12:20 AM
Red Sky

The Smell of Roses and Death

Ever since I was about nine years old I've been able to smell roses shortly before someone passes away. Usually I'll get a strong scent of roses right beneath my nose and then within a few days to a couple of weeks I will find out that someone I knew passed away. It could be a relative, friend or even an animal but it is always someone that I've known. Has anyone else ever had this experience? When I was a child I didn't realize what it meant at first but then as time went on I began to associate the smell of the roses with someone's passing. This has resulted in my not being too fond of flowers, unfortunately. I've heard different people say different things regarding the scent of roses. Some people have said it is the person saying goodbye but if they're not dead yet, how could that be. Others have said the scent of roses accompanies the passing of a saint but not everyone that passes could be a saint, right? Then others have said that the Blessed Mother or an angel is present when roses are smelled. Others have said this is a psychic sense. I'm still not sure what the correct interpretation of this is. If anyone has any thoughts on this I'd love to hear them. Thanks.
Old 19-03-2006, 10:28 PM
Toddy

I guess it's probably a way of your higher self giving you a "warning" or maybe there's a past life connection???
Old 21-03-2006, 10:00 AM
Knower
I think this is quite a widespread phenomenon, and it seems that many people, even those with no spiritual awareness, have smelled something sweet around a death.

I personally smelled it when I was present at my grandmother's death. I remember reading somewhere that there is actually a scientific reason for this. Apparently it is the smell the blood makes in the body when it solidifies after death, though this doesn't explain why people smell it as a pre-cursor to death when they are not physically present with the person who is about to pass over.

Strangely, I was expecting to smell it when I witnessed my father's death, but did not. Then I realised that he had been on a lot of blood thinning drugs so maybe the blood didn't react the same way after death and therefore didn't create the characteristic smell.

Love and Light

Jeremy
Old 08-04-2006, 12:41 PM
feohgoddess

wow I have never heard of anything like this. I have only had a couple of dreams about a couple of people that ended up passing on but that is it.
Old 24-04-2006, 01:58 AM
2498charm

I have also heard that the smell of flowers is common before a death. Some deaths don't smell so pleasant though I've also heard. I'd love to trade a smell for the sight anyday. It is a lovely gift.
Old 24-04-2006, 07:33 AM
Red Sky

I don't think I could cope with the visions. The smell freaks me out enough.
Old 25-04-2006, 03:33 AM
2498charm

Red Sky you have no idea.... Very different gift indeed. But still a gift. If I really had a choice to keep it or loose it. I'd keep it. It's part of who I am. Just like smells are part of someone else. Everything has it's moments of beauty and ugliness. The best way to cope is to find the beauty and not concern yourself to much with the ugly.
Old 28-04-2006, 02:47 AM
Red Sky

I guess you're right about that 2498Charm. It's always best to try to see the positive.
Old 30-04-2006, 02:34 AM
homecoming

The scent of rose can only be manifested by somone who has crossed over and with the collective in heaven. They are giving you the scent as a means to comfort and support you for the events ahead. I am sure if you planted some rose bushes you would have the best crop in the street. Seeing this encouter as a positive communication with spirit guides or previous family members from the other side and allow them to offer suggestions to you in life could bring much peace and harmony.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:17 PM
Red Sky

Homecoming,

Thank you for your insight. That's very interesting. I honestly never thought of it that way and I've never heard that explanation for the smell of roses experience before. Actually that helps me to understand and also helps me to feel better about it.
Closed Thread