Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 01:15 PM
TzuJanLi

What Is "LOVE"?

Greetings..

Whew!! i see it, read it , hear it.. everywhere.. yet, i'm not sure what it means.. LOVE.... it's the answer to everything, it's what we are, it' the most powerful force in the universe, etc.... but, considering that everyone has differing concepts of everything, WHAT IS LOVE?

For me, LOVE is a result of "compassion".. compassion is the essence of LOVE, a natural, perhaps the only "natural", emotion.. Love, by my own experience, is compassion converted to action/deed.. interpersonal Love is focused compassion.. it is also a choice, as we experience the natural emotion of compassion, we choose whether to express that emotion through deeds or not, whether to accept or reject it..

LOVE, is a "word".. it refers to something but fails to describe it.. i hope to initiate dialogue that will bring us to a closer consensus of the description of the word so we will better understand the delicate and profound communications manifested in this forum..

Be Well....
Old 08-01-2007, 01:55 PM
dreamer

Love is the emotion we love the most, it is the only emotion that you can never tire of, it requires no effort, it is peace, the void, the one expressed in it's most stable yet free form, it has the gravity of everything and the elusive lightness of nothing, it is a superconducter, its is the place where everything has its place and is in harmony, where nothing is excluded and everything is loved and in so being assumes its divine face....it is effortlessly the truth without shadow, beyond any doubt and attained for any sustained amount of time only by those who trust it completely. Love is the highest end supreme where all doubt is gone and the all collapses in on itself in an esquisite ecstatic burst into nothingness - pure peace de-void of anything.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:51 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:

Love is the emotion we love the most... it is peace, the void... it is a superconducter... its is the place where everything has its place... where nothing is excluded and everything is loved... Love is the highest end supreme... pure peace de-void of anything...
I realize that i have take some of this out of its context, but.. you can see the confusion.. it is many things, an emotion, a superconductor, peace, a place, and undescribable analogies like "highest end supreme"... i still don't have a concept that tells me how to identify LOVE.. i can see some of love's attributes, but still lack a definition...

We "love" something or someone, a verb.. we are in love, a noun.. it seems to be a handy catch-word that we use to describe our highest ideals, but lacks a true sense of substance, a firm understanding.. then, someone adds the qualifier, "unconditional".. that really buggers it up, by my experience the only "unconditional" expression of self is "sincerity"... most other expressions involve some form of conditional balance..

Not being arguementative, here.. just looking for the common ground of successful communication..

Be well..
Old 08-01-2007, 03:34 PM
dreamer

Its not desribable, its a feeling.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Master
How about; BENEDICTION or BENEVOLENCE

Essentially Love is GOOD or GOODNESS itself.

It is something that is devoid of wrong and bad; so essentially it is good or right.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Philip

Color love?

Love is pure energy and as such is the motive force behind all things. For example, Jesus said "God is Love". This implies that the two, being one and the same, can be expressed equally in terms of creativity, omnipotence, immanence and power.

One of the first ways we begin to first experience "love" in this manifestation is through the love of Mother for Child and there are innumerable accounts of the power that is transmitted through that process effecting creative change and development. You may even be in a position to relate such an account yourself. Another way in which this "love" power is expressed is in the full and true love which may be felt between husband and wife.

However, the fullest expression of this power is in the creativity of of the source of all things from whence flows our own creativity and in this pure form can make the material manifest out of "nothing" -- "nothing", that is, other than Love.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Lapis

Question What is Love?

Personally I feel that humanity hasn't and for the most part still isn't yet capable of comprehending much of "Love" in a higher sense. Our egos can easily grasp love from that level, but much above that.....hummm, it gets difficult if not impossible for us if not vibrating fast enough.

I, like many of you here, have experienced moments where I break free and soar into greater and higher states of consciousness where I'm capable (at that wee level) of feeling a bit more of Love than usual. To me everything is of Love and that sounds very flowery and nice but gets us nowwhere again. This is from Marciniak's P's -

"Light is information; love is creation."

I like that.....Love is creation. They also said that -

"There are really only two energies here; love and fear and fear is just lacking love."

So this brings us back to everything already is "Love" or The All That Is or Source etc., but our inability to perceive more of It from beyond our egos is a whole different story! I'm learning that as I transmute more and more of my lower energies/consciousness that I'm naturally able to house a bit more of this "Love" energy inside myself. Transmute the Lead and Gold takes it's place! Tiny bit by bit however otherwise it'd blow me away totally!

Some of the moments when I've been aware that I was vibrating faster and able to perceive/house a bit more of this energy - Love - it was usually an extrememly unemotional state. It was monotone....it was like I'd entered a "normal" state and to me that state felt calm, normal, incomprehensibly vast and powerful.....normal. It felt like Home.

Other ways that's easy for me to enter into this state is through some creative project that I loose myself in. I exit "time" and just AM in that blessed state of oneness with what I'm creating and to me, that is BEING which is another aspect or state of Love.

And then there's real honest pure and free laughter. Pure bliss that also allows you to exit "time" and just BE. In that state of joy or deep pure laughter I feel we also touch another aspect of Love.....an aspect that we can cope with without it destroying our bodies and minds! We must inch our ways into more and more of this Love stuff it seems. I think our evolution now is causing us to vibrate much faster and therefore be in more of this energy/state/awareness of Love.

Last edited by Lapis : 08-01-2007 at 11:02 PM.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:50 AM
Enlightener

Lukewarm Memphis Hotdog

It's kind of hard to define an indefineable feeling, don't you think?

The second post on this thread, Dreamer's post, in which he was describing love felt very much like my experience of God. God is Love, God is the ecstacy we feel when we are at our highest thought. Fear is what God created (which is the opposite of love, though still a form of love, for everything is love) so we may experience ourselves as love, for in order to experience one thing there must be an opposite or "distant" tangible point at which we can define ourselves between the two.

Zing! dinner's ready.

Enlightener
Old 09-01-2007, 02:22 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

"God" IS.. that's all, it simply IS.. "Love" is an attribute we assign to it.. an arbitrary value based on desirability.. we tend to take the most desirable qualities and conditions and lump them into a convenient label, "Love".. but, we fail, miserably, to define "Love", to set a standard by which we can reasonably expect to have meaningful communications..

One of my standards for "Love" is a set of conditions that permits me to fully and freely express my true self.. where i can open my soul to others without fear.. when those conditions exist, then.. pure "love" flows, unconditionally.. where i can simply give what is "me" without expectation from others or myself.. "Love" is without expectation.. but, that only describes a situation where "Love" is evident, not "love" itself..

Be Well..
Old 09-01-2007, 02:49 PM
dreamer

Ok so mif God is, then maybe love is the fullest most desireable expression of God.
Closed Thread