Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 18-08-2012, 02:24 PM
dragon charms

I had forgotten about this topic and thread I started. I found I had read many of the books each of you mentioned. Made me think how much I love the many different voices who are saying very similar things. But the power of another's thoughts shared in a book, that changes your life, or sets you about a path that brings much benefit excite me the most.

Back in the 60's there were many mind expanding books about.
I read all of Baba Ram Dass. These began my process of meditating.
Seth Speaks and Nature of the Psyche- Seth/Jane Roberts These expanded my mind and left it open for the rest of my life thus far. Which is a really long time btw. lol
Creative Visualization- Shakti Gwain (may have misspelled that) But that book did change a big thing for me and I've been running with it my whole life as well. The power of our subconscious mind/consciousness to create our own reality, which Seth coined actually. I still use some methods from that one.
Ramtha's White Book- which blew my mind some more after Seth did his job on me! This book, I've carried with me through the late 60's and on, or whenever it first came out. I don't remember the exact year. It and Seth Speaks are the two books, that have travelled with me all these 40 years later. They did put me on my own path. So they were life changers for me.

And to note: I'm still working with subconscious for manifesting all these years later.

A more recent life changer for me are the "Anastasia and the Ringing Cedars" series. A different voice, saying much the same as Seth and Ramtha, but some new thoughts in there, that have me gardening and thinking deeper about our divinity and use of our minds in a different way.
Old 31-08-2012, 11:26 AM
bobby24

In fact, I think if you want to find a life-changing books you should pay attention to modern authors. Because their point of view is closer for us, modern people, for sure.
Old 18-12-2012, 07:07 AM
Tamino

Just three mentions

The 22 Laws of Inner Peace - this book taught me profound things about the workings of energy and 'miracles'. I am yet to fully adopt the laws.

Annie Besant's stuff taught me that giving makes wealth. I used this law to change my conditions in great ways.

Gurdjieff's In Search of the Miraculous taught me the power of groups in achieving high goals.

And much more...
Old 28-03-2013, 07:02 PM
tattooed monk

Books that have changed my life:
-the alchemist
-celestine prophecy
-the monk who sold his ferrari
-7 spiritual laws of success
-awaken the giant within
-the last lecture

:)
Old 23-04-2013, 11:44 PM
Master
Eternal Echoes: Celtic Reflections on Our Yearning to Belong
by John O'Donohue -- one of the most beautiful and moving books on spirituality that I've ever read, along with his earlier work, Anam Cara: A Celtic Book of Wisdom.

There are many others of course, but these are fresh. ;)

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 25-06-2013, 01:15 PM
silvercomet

Seat of the Soul a most and the book that really inspired me and answered a lot of question i have also read the
celestine prophecies and the dreamers guild by carlos castaneda all great soul moving books
Old 25-06-2013, 09:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby24
In fact, I think if you want to find a life-changing books you should pay attention to modern authors. Because their point of view is closer for us, modern people, for sure.
That's so true, why do so many cling to out dated scripture when we have so much wisdom from so many people today, its time to let the dust settle on out dated words and let the wisdom of today lift us up above dogma and literal thinking of the past.
Old 29-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Knower
The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey.

I read this book before I ever cared about anything spiritual, I randomly stumbled across it and was taken in by the title. He teaches 7 good points that we should consider in life, but he doesn't make it religious in any way. Most of his work I think is aimed at big corporations and team building etc. but he has done some one to one stuff. In every situation in life that requires a little wisdom, even to this day, I always refer back to a point in this book first before I think of any spiritual teacher of teachings. Really did change my life and outlook!

"Do not swim, float." - Osho
Old 29-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Master
You are already there; Robert gregory
Old 29-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Master
Tao: The Pathless Path by Osho