Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 16-06-2015, 04:51 AM
LorriePaige

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon charms
I would love to hear about the book or books, that really made such a change, that literally changed your life, or lifestyle, or beliefs for the better.

No book really has. I always make a big change first by way of adding small and large things together that I experience through life, think about it, and come to profound conclusions on my own (or I prefer to say with the help of the spirit world) that change my life in a huge way.

Then I go look for books that agree with what I now believe, just looking to see if others out there agree with me and can add to my beliefs, which some do, but the real A-HA! experience comes before I read a book.

My hubby thinks that's odd, but I thought most people are that way.

I would say the one book currently that gave me additional food-for-thought is the book, Conversations With the Universe. Also, Adept Circle Magick has helped me.
Old 22-06-2015, 07:54 PM
Experiencer

"The Impersonal Life" channeled by Joseph Sieber Benner. It will blow your mind and make you reassess the way you approach life. You are not your body; you are the universal consciousness. That is the real you.
Old 02-08-2015, 04:00 AM
P.McCoy

"conversations with God"
Old 02-08-2015, 11:47 AM
Now...
'The Disappearance of the Universe' by Gary Renard
'A Course In Miracles' (ACIM) A self-study course, dictated by Jesus over a 7 year period, btw.

Why?
They explain in a radically different way this Illusion or Dream we are in...
and how to not just awaken, but leave it or be out of the Dream...as Jesus was, for example.
Or
another way to put it - how to get off the Wheel of Birth and Death.

Main message?
Forgiveness...but not the usual forgiveness...quantum forgiveness.

LOVE 'The Impersonal Life' first read in the 70's ...I keep a copy in my car still!
All Seth matierial...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-08-2015, 12:15 PM
Master

Don't know if I've posted in this thread or not ~~ 13 pages to look thru, so I'll take a shortcut and decide I didn't yet :) Loving posting about life-changing books.

The Other Side and Back ~ Sylvia Browne - a view of Heaven that felt a lot better than the Catholic view I had had previously - my first metaphysical book, and a feel good book ~~ started me on my spiritual journey so I have ready most of Sylvia's books (except the last few)

Ask and It Is Given ~ Esther & Jerry Hicks - a channeled work by Esther who channels Abraham. My hubby had bought one of their CD sets and finally after about a year, convinced me to listen to it in the car while we were on a short road trip. Once I got in the "vibe" of Abraham, I was hooked. I saw they had this book, but I was out of work at the time and told myself I couldn't afford it. Then I got an inspired thought. If I went to Goodwill, got off the couch and went there right that minute, that book would be there. I went and it was, and it sent chills down my spine ~~ my first psychic experience that I could my finger on and say ~~ yeah.

Seth Speaks by Jane Roberts. I had heard of Seth from reading Ask and It Is Given, it is mentioned in the introduction by Esther as their first encounter with channeled material. A year or so after meeting Abraham, via Esther, I was in a book store and saw this book, picked it up, read the back, and put it back down on the shelf and started walking away. A thought occurred to me. My daugther had wanted to read that book. I grabbed it and bought it (I was on vacation at the time) and I had to buy my duaghter her own copy later. This book truly changed my life, when Seth started speaking to me, about halfway thru ~~ in between the sentences of the book. Wow what a ride that book was. Full of stuff I had no idea what he was talking about, but I kept on, because it consumed me.

Learning to Channel by Sanaya Roman (and all her other books). Channeled material by Orin. Probably the most amazing channeled material for me is by Orin due to the energy of the material. Talk about opening you up. I first felt energy by reading Orin. Simply amazing.

So, on my journey, Abraham led me to Seth, who led me to Orin, who taught me to channel so I could channel Seth, who was speaking to me occassionally and who I wanted to speak directly to, who when I learned to channel Seth, then I could apparently channel Abraham. It was a fun ride through, and the beginning and thru to the end it is a circular journey. The Circle of Life ~~ interesting.

Oh, and BTW, Richard Bach originally sat in on a Seth session in the 60's when Jane was channeling one of Seth's books. I think he got the idea of Jonathon from reading Seth and then he got to "see" Seth in his "original" form - i.e. Jane. (I always like that codicil.)

P.S. I think the books come to you when the student is ready, and it is different for everyone. I know my husband loves Dan Milman. I loved the movie, but I have never been called to read the books...and my husband learned to channel and has not read anything but Ask and It Is Given and Dan Milman.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:48 PM
'The Other Side and Back'....S. Browne's BEST book, not to be confused with
one with a similar name....
Agree with all Nameless!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-08-2015, 02:01 PM
Master

It's a funny thing with me and Orin (Sanaya's books). I have read 2 or 3 chapters of each one of the books. Apparently I am not ready for the other chapters yet, so can I say I read the books when I only read a few chapters, but those simple chapters changed my life forever? Strange, but true....
Old 14-09-2015, 02:24 PM
Guide

The diaries of Franz Kafka hasn't changed my life but has left a mark. January 1, 2006
Old 22-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
'The Other Side and Back'....S. Browne's BEST book, not to be confused with
one with a similar name....
Agree with all Nameless!!!

Im very sceptical of Sylvia Browne, wasn't she outed as a complete fraud??
Old 08-10-2015, 04:43 AM
Pathfinder
Eating in the Light ~Anita Johnston

I believe every woman should read this book. It is a book for anyone who has ever had an eating disorder, but also for any woman who has just felt alone in the world and left feeling like they needed something more, being hungry for spiritual nourishment. It's one of those rare books that had me saying, I feel like someone out there actually gets it.