Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 08:03 AM
alexpapa

Coincidences? Signs?

Over the past few months I have conciously been open to everything around me - at least I have tried to be.

I have had a couple of experiences -

from meeting people with unique experiences I have had in life (and have helped them, usually after very late night phone calls). I have always asked them why they contact me, they have no idea, just a feeling. One particular girl I met I felt a very strong connection with, but we never got to know each other - then after a few weeks of no contact she called me at about midnight and needed to talk. We discovered that we had both been through the same life changing event in the months before that.

Coins are interesting - I keep finding them. I live in South Africa and have constantly been finding UK and US coins, I was even given two dimes in a handful of change at a bar. Two weeks ago I was offered a job to work in the US and have accepted - another sign?

And then two days ago, I haven't spoken to my ex-fiance for a while, so I was sitting in the car and started dialing her number on my cellphone - as it was dialling i switched the radio station and heard her talking (she had phoned in to a talk show). What makes it stranger is this is how we got back together after breaking up the first time - I heard her on the radio and phoned her afterwards....

Now I do have a question after my rambling :)

Where does this come from? Could it purely be coincidences - I don't think so anymore...and is this something that can be developed...
Old 04-10-2006, 09:43 AM
rose

whoah synchronicity at work! i don't believe these are just coincidences at all. it's interesting that you mentioned all this started happening when you consciously started being more open to everything.

many of us here are learning so much so quickly. i think you've come to the right place. i find that forums like this don't hand you the answers so much (although there are times when people give pwerful readings etc) but they help you look for the answers yourself. we are leaning together new ways of understanding and growing.

interesting you mentioned coins. after my partner's mother died he found 3 coins in the glove box of his car mysteriously. an irish cent, a uk pence and an indian rupee. we have since been to uk and ireland and we plan to visit india in the future. his mother knew how much he wished to travel and after she died he felt so desparate to go but pessimistic that he would ever make it.
it was like she or maybe just the universe was giving him a sign :)
Old 04-10-2006, 09:47 AM
alexpapa

I can't believe they are coincidences.

I have been trying to work on my third eye through meditation and sometimes get to the stage where I feel a dull "pain" (not sure if pain is the right word) in just the right spot between my eyes...

I just get frustrated (which I'm sure is normal) when I don't see a sign and only realise it later...
Old 04-10-2006, 11:09 AM
rose

don't rush anything. i'm a plodder but find things just "happen" after a time. we can't force growth. we have to experience it.

i'm not too knowledgable but i would be careful about working on your third eye chakra too quickly. try focusing on opening your heart chakra. to me this is the most important one to focus on at the moment. the others will follow.

you seem so keen and have a lot of energy for your spiritual journey. maybe put this energy into meditating longer and with more focus on love and compassion. the other stuff follows. they are less of a priority. focusing on the heart helps ease the ego...which can sometimes be the driving force to learn special "psychic tricks" too quickly when we aren't quite strong enough or ready for them.

by focusing on your heart chakra you're more likely to attract the right teachers on your path too.

just my two cents :)

it's great to have you around by the way. you can teach us as well and keep sharing :) *hug*
Old 04-10-2006, 11:28 AM
alexpapa

thanks for the advice, I will look into the heart chakra -

I admit, I am probably focusing too much on one thing
Old 04-10-2006, 09:07 PM
BLAIR2BE

just relax!! all is revealed when one is truly "ready" to accept it. and no coincidences. life "gives" you just the right "signs" and "hints" that are right for each individual, at the right time!!
we are all one with the "great spirit" that drives existence, thus the seemingly coincidences are part of what you are, your existence, your experince; are connected with all experience, spirit, existence.

make any sense?? im not the most articulate...

- stay positive and love your life!!
Old 04-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Master
Rose & Blair already said it all I just wanted to add that I agree with them and I too believe you've found the 'right' place. See you around the board.

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 04-10-2006, 09:52 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpapa
Over the past few months I have conciously been open to everything around me - at least I have tried to be.

I have had a couple of experiences -

from meeting people with unique experiences I have had in life (and have helped them, usually after very late night phone calls). I have always asked them why they contact me, they have no idea, just a feeling. One particular girl I met I felt a very strong connection with, but we never got to know each other - then after a few weeks of no contact she called me at about midnight and needed to talk. We discovered that we had both been through the same life changing event in the months before that.

Coins are interesting - I keep finding them. I live in South Africa and have constantly been finding UK and US coins, I was even given two dimes in a handful of change at a bar. Two weeks ago I was offered a job to work in the US and have accepted - another sign?

And then two days ago, I haven't spoken to my ex-fiance for a while, so I was sitting in the car and started dialing her number on my cellphone - as it was dialling i switched the radio station and heard her talking (she had phoned in to a talk show). What makes it stranger is this is how we got back together after breaking up the first time - I heard her on the radio and phoned her afterwards....

Now I do have a question after my rambling :)

Where does this come from? Could it purely be coincidences - I don't think so anymore...and is this something that can be developed...

isn't this also known as synchronicity
Old 05-10-2006, 01:01 AM
alexpapa

ok it's so cryptic it's driving me mad :)

so I'll just sit back and let this ride take me where it intends to....wish me luck :)
Old 05-10-2006, 01:06 AM
BLAIR2BE

alexpapa, thats probablly the best thing to do!! and GOOD LUCK!!

(its always good to question and re think!!)
:>)
Closed Thread