Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 28-04-2016, 10:05 PM
Experiencer
Does card readings work when you are reading for yourself?

Hi guys,

I just started reading lenormand cards last year (around 6 months ago) and I am very good. I can make accurate readings for my friends perfectly but when I ask the cards something personal it seems to just get crazy and it never gives me an reasonable answer. So I assumed it is impossible to read our own present/future. Is is truth?

Thanks,
Camila.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:44 AM
Master
No it is not. But like with any reading, you have to make sure you are a pure, unbiased channel, and that is more difficult to do when it's for you.
When you read for yourself, you want a specific outcome, so the way you read will be influenced. You'd have to get in a state of mind that you don't care either way. Meaning you're neutral and unbiased.
Meditating beforehand could help.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:03 PM
Knower

Why wouldn't it be prone to misinterpretation as much as reading for others?
One could question some one else doing the reading. The reader probably does misinterpret too. It could be that wishing for a certain answer happens most on your own readings. But with discipline it does not have to be more likely than another's reading.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:07 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoliveira
Hi guys,

I just started reading lenormand cards last year (around 6 months ago) and I am very good. I can make accurate readings for my friends perfectly but when I ask the cards something personal it seems to just get crazy and it never gives me an reasonable answer. So I assumed it is impossible to read our own present/future. Is is truth?

Thanks,
Camila.

Hi Camila,

I am also learning Lenormand, but I am not good, maybe because I only read for myself, and am afraid to read for others, in case I am totally off in my interpretation.

But you can read for yourself. Just need emotional detachment from the result.

Wanchain
Old 03-05-2016, 12:28 AM
Experiencer
Great guys, thanks!! I will practice more then :)