Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 08:22 AM
kundalini

Right Book For Present Look?

Hi all,

In another thread, Sandy mentioned that whenever she is reading a particular book, she always feels that that book is exacty what she is supposed to be reading at that time!

I also always have this feeling accompanied by a strong impression that whatever book I am reading at any particular time is exactly the book I am supposed to be reading. So, what I would like to know is, how many other people does this happen to?

Why do you think this occurs?

I've no doubt that that particular knowledge in a book is the knowledge that we should be integrating into our intellect AND mindset at that time, as it may help us at some point in the future. Can anybody else add to this?

Also, as before, how many other people does this happen to?
Old 11-08-2006, 10:00 PM
Deactivated Account
yeah i feel like that with some books but not all, it tends to be the ones i 'stumble' accross rather than go out and buy, you must have heard of books jumping off shelves in front of you this is spirit imo
Old 11-08-2006, 10:16 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
yeah i feel like that with some books but not all, it tends to be the ones i 'stumble' accross rather than go out and buy, you must have heard of books jumping off shelves in front of you this is spirit imo

Yes, I have heard about that but it as never happened to me. Whenever I have been in a bookshop to buy a book, I try to use my intuition so I guess that is kind of like being guided to a particular book.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Deactivated Account
go for the one that you home in on straight away would be my advice
Old 12-08-2006, 10:01 AM
e-ma

Hmm.. I would say that I have to have an affinity for the author. Often, I can be attracted by a cover or a title or a review in the bookshop, but then I never actually get to grips with the book.

What I do now is collect books and get a lot of them second hand. Instead of going into a bookshop and having the pressure of choosing and buying a book that I'm not sure about, I can just start skimming over what I've got at home. It always turns out that I go back to a particular book, and read a few pages.. then go back to it again, and read a few more.. then before I know it I'm fully immersed in the book and never put it down until I've finished.

That works much better for me now, and I have much less half-finished books lying around. I tend to devour books in one fell swoop now and they make a much more vivid impact. Often, I can find the message I need to hear, even if the book isn't directly related to my problem. Say, I could read a fictional novel and find the answer to my question in there. I think it's because we're always looking to become 'unstuck', looking to find our way to the next level. And who knows where the answers will lie?
Closed Thread