Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Neville

Source, the Big bang , Me and You and everything else.

Well you did ask :)
Old 19-12-2010, 02:54 AM
Ascender

I also conceive of a being with some semblance of a human form. "God made us in his image" so, I guess that would make some sense if he had traits of us. But whenever I think of God, the image is so vague. I think it's impossible to behold God.
Old 19-12-2010, 03:51 AM
Gracey

my whole life, when i hear the word god all thought and emotion disappear. then my first feeling is humility and my first thought is usaully how tiny i am in all his creation. i look around and i see what my eyes will allow me to see of him.
Old 19-12-2010, 04:21 AM
Master
3d... How about replacing the human image you get when you think of "God" with a new image... such as infinite space. In fact, one guy I know calls the experience of infinite divine presence Sky.

Because it is silent and formless, to myself I just call it This or no name at all, although there are many different words I may use to communicate about It.

The point is, don't let your mind's conditioning lead you around by the nose. Go directly into the experience of Being, then call it and image it whatever way you like.

Xan

Old 19-12-2010, 07:24 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
3d... How about replacing the human image you get when you think of "God" with a new image... such as infinite space. In fact, one guy I know calls the experience of infinite divine presence Sky.

Xan

Xan how can I think of infinite space? When I try to do that I feel stupid. This is impossible. I can think of the Sky of course, but this is not God. This is the sky.

In fact, strangely, when I try to think about infinite space, I find myself.

I know that the human image of God is wrong. But my point is that there is no other God concept that one can imagine using human mind. So there is no God because it is fake.

3dnow

Last edited by 3dnow : 19-12-2010 at 08:32 AM.
Old 19-12-2010, 07:27 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
my whole life, when i hear the word god all thought and emotion disappear. then my first feeling is humility and my first thought is usaully how tiny i am in all his creation. i look around and i see what my eyes will allow me to see of him.

Yes and you call it "him". How your subconscious mind react to that? You clearly think about a human. You can say that this is a metaphor. Yes exactly, because your mind only understands a metaphor. You clearly think of a human.

3dnow

Last edited by 3dnow : 19-12-2010 at 07:42 AM.
Old 19-12-2010, 07:28 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Source, the Big bang , Me and You and everything else.

Well you did ask :)

These are not things that your mind can "think", or visualize.

3dnow
Old 19-12-2010, 07:29 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Whatever comes to mind after thinking of god is not god, we cannot think god, we can only be god or let god be us.

Thanks someone honest (I don't mean to offend anyone).

3dnow
Old 19-12-2010, 07:32 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen
My conception of god is sea of conscious pure love energy that surrounds all of us and is us, not some tragically unhip angry old white dude with a beard and a staff

Hi SeaZen,

How can you think about something that surrounds all of us? For that you first need to imagine all of us. These are just words. The universe doesn't understand what you mean because you don't think what you say. Your mind cannot.

3dnow
Old 19-12-2010, 07:34 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxheatherxx
When I hear the word god I understand it as a fill in for the unknown/oneness.

Your mind really understands oneness? You can imagine it?

3dnow