Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 17-08-2011, 05:02 AM
Pathfinder

Their was a man along time ago, let's call this man Frank. Frank was a young man, 25 years of age, when he met the woman who would later become his wife. Let's call her Julie. Julie was very suspicious of men, her father, a heavy drinker, was very abusive to her mother and she had little trust in any man, especially any man would professed their love for her.

Like any young man in love Frank did everything he could to e with her. His whole life from that moment on was directed towards it their was nothing he cared for more. Even being a devote christian as he was, he loved her more then he did God. He spend two years trying to gain her trust and every time, no matter how extravagant or impressive his attempts would be, she would refuse and say 'I do not love you.'

However, even though she said this, every time he tried, she started to gain more interest in him. Then finally after two in a half years of trying Julie finally agreed to date him. Two years later they were married and a young child was on the way. Whom they later named Shawn. After Shawn was born and Frank had lost his current job the stress in the family became very intense. This stress let to Frank drinking.

At first he would only drink a little bit and would often stay away from Julie when he was drunk, as she religiously against drinking. As time went on Frank became an addict and slowly became more aggressive each day. Soon this lead to Frank being abusive just like her father used to.

At this time Julie had given birth to two more boys, Darren and Stan. Finally Frank's abusive got so bad that Julie left Frank and the boys and moved to a distant city. This was devastating to Frank and nearly destroyed him emotionally, to the point where he would snap and everyone and anything, no matter what they did, if they tried to help him or tried to hurt him he would snap and many would get hurt by his lack of understanding.

Then one day he came upon a hippie, this hippy offered him some 'hippy medicine' (lol) and after some time he would no longer drink it seemed the medicine was a perfect crutch for him to get off the booze. Not only was it a crutch but it also seemed to enlightened his mind and increase his awareness. As time went on he slowly started to realize what he had done to his wife.

He wept for 10 days, nearly every moment. The pain he felt was extreme and appeared to be far beyond just the pain he caused and was caused to him. At moment it even appeared to extend to the beginning of the universe to the end. This intensity did a great deal of damage to his body but after the 10 days he wiped away his tears and left to find his wife.

He came upon her over three months later. Begging her to come back to him, pleading desperately, but she would not budge, not even one inch. She could not go back to that lifestyle anymore and even if he was clean and sober she couldn't trust him. He had ruined the trust that he had worked so hard to get and she would never trust anyone.

This was devastating and nearly broke him again just as all the other events had. It was at this point, after he returned home to his children, that he was bombarded by a simple truth. Everywhere he went he kept hearing it over and over again. It was the lesson of forgiveness and the lesson to understand what has been done and what is done.

As this seed of truth grew in his mind so to did the love he felt within his heart. Eventually he got to the point where anything that would come his way he would, after a few moments, forgive it, both the person or natural occurrence that created it but also the actions themselves.

His life which once was dedicated to his wife, then after was dedicated to drinking was now dedicated to one thing, Unbreakable respect and appreciation for life, good or bad. He knew at that moment that what was key is what he does now not what he did in the past. He knew then that he could use what happened in the past to do a better job. Just like the medicine was used as a crutch to get off alcohol so to was his past actions and failures a crutch for him to be a better person.

He then became a very generous and kind old man, who did everything he could to make other's life better. While knowing he would always fall short, it no longer mattered, he merely would say. " If i can do one thing in my life to make one person's life better then I have gotten one step closer to better understanding myself and the world around me. "

--------

I guess that was a bad story, too obvious and to long but oh well that's what i seen what i read this thread and thought i'd share the story. It's a true story, I wonder if that was my grandpa or not though lol. Sure seems similar but with a little fiction in there.
Old 17-08-2011, 07:23 AM
Experiencer
Unconditional love: Love of all things in the knowledge that we are all one
Old 17-08-2011, 11:13 AM
what2believe

Yes, unconditional love does exist! Many of the couples actually love his/her spouse unconditionally without knowing so. Most of us think that love is a matter of trade and exchange, as a result, how well you treat others depends very much on how well other treats you, many of us are brought up and taught this way, didn't we? Many people will only know how much they really love someone and love them unconditionally when they are about to leave their loved one for some reasons, for they are forced to face their truth hidden in their souls at such critical time.
Old 17-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Master
As this seed of truth grew in his mind so to did the love he felt within his heart. Eventually he got to the point where anything that would come his way he would, after a few moments, forgive it, both the person or natural occurrence that created it but also the actions themselves.

He then became a very generous and kind old man, who did everything he could to make other's life better.

For a while I thought this man who learned so much the hard way might be you, Wizard. Regardless, I admire him very much... and you, for seeing the value of his life.

Xan

Old 17-08-2011, 08:05 PM
tragblack

I know it is not exactly related, but my dad has used that hippie medicine this past year and has stopped drinking! I am so happy for him! He is really my dad again-- he can use the hippie medicine all he wants! I am no longer afraid that he will be found dead! Now we can have phone conversations and he actually remembers what I'm talking about!

Love and Light to my dad. Good for him! And good for anyone that quits excessive drinking, or drinking at all! It is horrible!

Though, of course, I am not trying to get on a mighty high horse-- I myself enjoy a drink. I've just seen it ruin so many people...
Old 19-08-2011, 09:59 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Sentientno1: 3dnow...i don't believe unconditional love is a wise thing. It can be an enabler for distruction.

Unconditional love is not permission to do harm, Sentiento. It simply recognizes that love itself has no conditions... only our minds do.

For instance, if you have a child your unconditional love doesn't give her permission to do damage or run out into the street, but neither does her misbehavior make you not love her.

But this is unconditional love from the human point of view. As I hear 3d, he's talking about Love Itself, which is the substance of all existence... our own pure source and essence... which can only be known through directly experiencing it.

Xan

Sentientno1 I agree with Xan, there is no loving others without self love.

When I am not able to love others (happens sometimes for some reason), I accept my heart chakra as it is (whatever it does it is beautiful - because it doesn't play roles). I become my heart chakra even if I don't feel love. "Within seconds" I am able to love others. For no reason.

Cheers,

3d
Old 19-08-2011, 10:02 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWizard
Their was a man along time ago, let's call this man Frank. Frank was a young man, 25 years of age, when he met the woman who would later become his wife. Let's call her Julie. Julie was very suspicious of men, her father, a heavy drinker, was very abusive to her mother and she had little trust in any man, especially any man would professed their love for her.

Like any young man in love Frank did everything he could to e with her. His whole life from that moment on was directed towards it their was nothing he cared for more. Even being a devote christian as he was, he loved her more then he did God. He spend two years trying to gain her trust and every time, no matter how extravagant or impressive his attempts would be, she would refuse and say 'I do not love you.'

However, even though she said this, every time he tried, she started to gain more interest in him. Then finally after two in a half years of trying Julie finally agreed to date him. Two years later they were married and a young child was on the way. Whom they later named Shawn. After Shawn was born and Frank had lost his current job the stress in the family became very intense. This stress let to Frank drinking.

At first he would only drink a little bit and would often stay away from Julie when he was drunk, as she religiously against drinking. As time went on Frank became an addict and slowly became more aggressive each day. Soon this lead to Frank being abusive just like her father used to.

At this time Julie had given birth to two more boys, Darren and Stan. Finally Frank's abusive got so bad that Julie left Frank and the boys and moved to a distant city. This was devastating to Frank and nearly destroyed him emotionally, to the point where he would snap and everyone and anything, no matter what they did, if they tried to help him or tried to hurt him he would snap and many would get hurt by his lack of understanding.

Then one day he came upon a hippie, this hippy offered him some 'hippy medicine' (lol) and after some time he would no longer drink it seemed the medicine was a perfect crutch for him to get off the booze. Not only was it a crutch but it also seemed to enlightened his mind and increase his awareness. As time went on he slowly started to realize what he had done to his wife.

He wept for 10 days, nearly every moment. The pain he felt was extreme and appeared to be far beyond just the pain he caused and was caused to him. At moment it even appeared to extend to the beginning of the universe to the end. This intensity did a great deal of damage to his body but after the 10 days he wiped away his tears and left to find his wife.

He came upon her over three months later. Begging her to come back to him, pleading desperately, but she would not budge, not even one inch. She could not go back to that lifestyle anymore and even if he was clean and sober she couldn't trust him. He had ruined the trust that he had worked so hard to get and she would never trust anyone.

This was devastating and nearly broke him again just as all the other events had. It was at this point, after he returned home to his children, that he was bombarded by a simple truth. Everywhere he went he kept hearing it over and over again. It was the lesson of forgiveness and the lesson to understand what has been done and what is done.

His life which once was dedicated to his wife, then after was dedicated to drinking was now dedicated to one thing, Unbreakable respect and appreciation for life, good or bad. He knew at that moment that what was key is what he does now not what he did in the past. He knew then that he could use what happened in the past to do a better job. Just like the medicine was used as a crutch to get off alcohol so to was his past actions and failures a crutch for him to be a better person.

He then became a very generous and kind old man, who did everything he could to make other's life better. While knowing he would always fall short, it no longer mattered, he merely would say. " If i can do one thing in my life to make one person's life better then I have gotten one step closer to better understanding myself and the world around me. "

--------

I guess that was a bad story, too obvious and to long but oh well that's what i seen what i read this thread and thought i'd share the story. It's a true story, I wonder if that was my grandpa or not though lol. Sure seems similar but with a little fiction in there.

Thanks for sharing Wizard.

Cheers,

3d
Old 19-08-2011, 12:16 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Sentientno1 I agree with Xan, there is no loving others without self love.

When I am not able to love others (happens sometimes for some reason), I accept my heart chakra as it is (whatever it does it is beautiful - because it doesn't play roles). I become my heart chakra even if I don't feel love. "Within seconds" I am able to love others. For no reason. *

Cheers,

3d

EDIT: This lesson I learned it from my solar plexus chakra. He (me) asked one night: I have to be perfect for you to love me?
Old 19-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Master
Making love into a fairy tale is kinda nice... oh everything is love etc etc etc... but no point making love into something it aint, because the one you feel is the one you got.
Old 19-08-2011, 01:12 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Making love into a fairy tale is kinda nice... oh everything is love etc etc etc... but no point making love into something it aint, because the one you feel is the one you got.

Love is easily distorted by human mind yes.

3d