Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 07-12-2011, 08:01 AM
3dnow

What is forgiveness?

For example someone is lying to you.

I thought forgiveness was:

He lied to me because <insert excuse>.

But in fact it is:

Liars are also OK. (No resistance).. But I know he is a liar.

Is this true? What do you think?
Old 07-12-2011, 08:48 AM
Master
The two words in forgiveness are for and give.

If that is what it actually means is that forgiveness mean that you keep giving.

So you caught someone lying and now, in a manner of speaking, you are burdened with that judgement. If the next time they speak to you you come from that position of a judgement you are still burdened.

Forgiving them means allowing them not have been judged and still capable of truth. And they are capable of truth... they are truth, even when they lie... you'll see that, all of that depending on how much you is there to determine outcomes for or against you.

It's not about them actually. It's about you. Forgiveness in itself is a judgement of sorts so forget about that too... just allow yourself to listen to people without ownerships getting in the way and the innocence you project will turn away the liars...

Liars love a challenge... stop being challenging.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:14 AM
n2mec

For me, the lie carries its own truth, which, brings to mind

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. - JFK.

The liar carries their own story, not mine, it does not belong to me, but what does is my own life story which carries it own lies or to the best that I can rememeber so shall I tell!

Any forgiveness is to my self, please forgive me so I can forgive myself.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Bluegreen

Liars are to be pitied. They are moral cowards and often physical cowards as well has been my experience of 27 years. If there is no resentment, no ill-wishing, what is there to forgive.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:13 AM
rsingh

What is purpose of lying? Is the liar lying to gains something? If so then it is from his ego. If liar is lying without any gain but for the benefit to whom he is lying then it is not a lie, it is an act of kindness.

If we live by principles that we must not lie then we are not sensitive to the present situation. I think we must be sensitive to the sitation at hand and work towards the benefit of everybody involved in the situation.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:10 PM
Master
Forgiveness does NOT mean that what the person did - lying, abuse, etc. - was okay.

It means you are not willing to continue carrying your bad feelings - hurt, resentment, etc. - about it.

So you are willing to let go of the past.

That's it.

Xan

Old 08-12-2011, 11:40 PM
silent whisper

A willingness to release yourself from the binds that tie...freedom for the soul held captive. Freedom for the heart in pain. Freedom to feel without strain....