Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-09-2020, 04:47 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
This doesn't sound Anti-Christian to me....

Compare the Christian view of heaven with the Gnostic Christian one and see which you think is more likely.

Gnostic Christian Jesus said it was here and now, but that most could not see it.

Regards
DL
Old 09-09-2020, 04:48 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
The Gospel of Thomas was never canonized.

GOSPEL OF THOMAS
  VERSE 49

(49) Jesus said,

"Blessed are the solitary ones
       and the chosen ones.

For you will find the Kingdom.

For you came from it
and you will return there again."

Is he talking natural or supernatural?

Regards
DL
Old 10-09-2020, 03:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
Is he talking natural or supernatural?

Regards
DL

Does it matter?

Whatever I say it is, you will say......

So, does it matter?

Have a great day SS!

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 10-09-2020, 04:16 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Does it matter?

Whatever I say it is, you will say......

So, does it matter?

Have a great day SS!

I just wondered if you believed what Jesus said of it.

But it seems you want to answer for me. Ok. Have yourself a great chat by yourself.

Regards
DL
Old 11-09-2020, 01:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Compare the Christian view of heaven with the Gnostic Christian one and see which you think is more likely.

Gnostic Christian Jesus said it was here and now, but that most could not see it.

Regards
DL

The first scripture in the Bible claims God created the Heaven(s).

Christians believe that.

Are you saying Gnostics don't believe in Heaven?
Better yet, it would help if you could write what Gnostics believe Heaven is and why is it so much different then what Christians believe Heaven is.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 11-09-2020, 01:15 PM
Master
Exclamation

Quote:
I just wondered if you believed what Jesus said of it.

But it seems you want to answer for me. Ok. Have yourself a great chat by yourself.

Regards
DL

Soul Seeker,

how many times have I asked you a question and instead of an answer I get ............ ?

Old 11-09-2020, 01:21 PM
Master
Quote:

Regards
DL

I go with what Jesus said.... Here and now and within.
Old 11-09-2020, 01:38 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
The first scripture in the Bible claims God created the Heaven(s).

Christians believe that.

Are you saying Gnostics don't believe in Heaven?
Better yet, it would help if you could write what Gnostics believe Heaven is and why is it so much different then what Christians believe Heaven is.

Let me do it this way and you can let me know if I covered all the bases.

===========

First.
It is different because we base heaven on reality and not on the Christian fiction.

Let me speak to the lie of Gnostic Christians hating matter.

I wrote this to refute the false notion that Gnostic Christians do not like matter and reality that the inquisitors propagated to justify their many murders of my religions originators. It shows that Christians should actually hate matter and not Gnostic Christians.

The Christian reality.
1 John 2:15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Gen 3; 17 Thou shalt not eat of it; cursed is the ground for thy sake; in toil shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life.
-----------

The Gnostic Christian reality.
Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all.
[And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

"If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.

[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be, given our past history, or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world, given all the conditions at hand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement given entropy and the anthropic principle.

Regards
DL
Old 11-09-2020, 01:42 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I go with what Jesus said.... Here and now and within.

The Jesus I know was a realist.

Christians should be as focused on the real and not the fictional Yahweh.

They want a powerful immoral god and do not care about the poor morals he holds.

Strange that morals are important to all by the religious genocidal Yahweh followers.

Regards
DL
Old 11-09-2020, 01:44 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Soul Seeker,

how many times have I asked you a question and instead of an answer I get ............ ?

Start giving some feedback and I can take you more seriously.

Especially given that you do not answer any of my questions.

Regards
DL