Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 25-02-2023, 11:40 AM
Master
@ Maisy ~ what’s your experience, if you don’t mind sharing? Then maybe I’ll be able to respond better to what you’re saying.
Old 25-02-2023, 07:24 PM
Master

I shortened what I posted! I think it's more what I was trying to say.
Old 26-02-2023, 01:10 AM
Newbie ;)

The local self feeds on emotion, it is identity and instinctive identifications out of pride. If pride, an instinctive thing not a choice thing, must live on regardless of what work we do as meditators on self/no self/cosmic self,
perhaps the heart can reign in our pride. Or some other faculty of choice. Merely that we make a decision,
"My pride will no longer feed on the illusions I am subject to, illusions of blame and self-blame, but will feed instead on my decision as to how to feel: proud without a reason, and just proud enough that I do not experience confidence fail."

The Self / No Self dialog to me is about instinctive pride being somehow replaced, for instance, by satisfaction in being apart from identifications.

What if we lost all pride, even negative state pride (humiliation)?
Old 26-02-2023, 02:12 AM
Master
@ Maisy, Archangel ~ by Self what is meant is our true being, which shines forth automatically when identity completely drops away.

This is a recognition beyond mind. As such, to explain what this represents by addressing mind is obviously going to be inadequate. However, if we look at past moments of pristine silence, when all of its own our presence was suffused with a sublime, surreal effervescence that elevated us, we are then at the outer fringe of the state of being or Self.

The complete ‘dropping away’ of identity as in concept of separateness is not something we can will ourselves into attaining for the very act of employing will is rooted in doership or identity. Hence, the word ‘grace’ comes to mind. Inviting grace by prayer or worship has the ‘flaw’ that there are ‘two’, we here, communicating with an unseen God ‘over there or somewhere’. So not this either.

So what then? To be honest, I cannot say, how this recognition (of Self) came about but possibly what led to it was a continuum of silence and nonchalance to outcomes as life unfolds, so an orientation of compassion entwined with detachment as a ‘positioning of awareness in the waking state, moment to moment’, whereby this as the default fulcrum from which life responses are offered in witness like state, stillness always is. At the moment of recognition, identity just dropped away, distinctly noticeable just as we may feel an old decaying wart fall off our body ~ we do nothing, it just falls off one day.

So, not a meditator meditating or an experiencer experiencing which is a state requiring a subject (us) vs object (thoughts, sensations) relationship but a singularity in the truest sense, when we see without mirrors, if we may use this metaphoric expression.

It is easy to see why this cannot be delineated into words since language is dualistic. So I’ll leave it at this, being the best I can do to offer what the recognition of Self is.
Old 26-02-2023, 02:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
I’m not a bliss person but more aware of peace as an end product of process.

Where as peace allows the true self to exist, open and clear as a life experience. My human potential and true state living fully.

i think peace does come (I feel it sometimes) but part of it for me is, trying not to seek it by becoming too entrenched in my thoughts of what it means to be at peace lol... it seems so easy to just train myself into the feelings I want and then be happy I've got them... but in my perception right now that always comes with limitations on who I will let myself be.

Thing is when I get into that state those limitations are never seen because I went to such trouble to buy them in the name of attaining the feeling I wanted... so i might say I'm living my potential and living fully and mean it heartfeltedly... Because I AM living what I dreamed up so I got what I wanted so I'm not limited in the sense as to not be able to do things I wanted to do or have things I wanted to have... still limited though in the sense that there may be things I willingly chose to avoid in the name of what I wanted that might have otherwise been desirable... and I can't do them or have them because I chose them as limitations while seeking what I wanted and won't give up on what I wanted... and I will never even be aware of any of that much less factor it into my 'living my potential' or 'living fully'. So in some sense I'm just saying meaningless words when I say such things but don't know THAT either...

that is my perspective, from where I am, right now... later I'm sure it will be back to business as usual lol..
Old 26-02-2023, 10:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
@ JustBe ~ the bliss of which we speak is not a product of mind contemplating equanimity but rather it is graphic. The difference is that in body there is an identity, a separate entity in duality and when we are the Self, the Self alone is the totality, as a singularity.

I’m not grasping what your sharing fully. It’s not ‘sinking’ in to allow me to see it more clearly? Especially those last few lines?

A question arises. Why do you need bliss to fixate in the now? How does it support you as the now in ‘being it’?

For me the peace allows for presence in the now, where the emptinesswholeness as ‘one’ has no attachment or senses reacting so it’s neutral almost/not involved. In this way, I’m no longer seperate but fully connected as the ‘one’ as a totality of both streams.

What is this magnetic throb embracing and releasing in you?

What purpose does it serve? Other than process of ‘burning up’ ?
Old 26-02-2023, 11:14 AM
Master
So basically all you're trying to say is raising your vibration to the I AM level?
Joe Dispenza's work is all about that, as at that extremely high level you get into Gamma brainwaves which is when you are free. Being at Monad level (I AM) is being free. No longer attached to your roles, name etc. in life.
This freedom comes with a huge shift of healing. But you then don't even need nor want that anymore as you are free, beyond wanting. And that's exactly why you then can heal from even the worst diseases.

His meditation aim to get you from someone to no one, into a state that you don't hear, smell, taste, see etc. I believe he calls it going from convergent to divergent.

He never uses Hindu terms, no fixed terms, as people tend to have their own interpretations of those. He deliberately keeps it neutral.
But basically what it's about is shifting into "I AM" (= Monad) state of being which is as close to Source as we can go.
Old 26-02-2023, 01:00 PM
Master
@ JustBe ~ I’d put it this way: there are levels from gross material to subtle ethereal. Our primal energy of aliveness manifests in all realms, where we may be but perceived differently. As such, if we take bliss, in as it applies to my experience, it occurs when polarities in form, first unite, then balance and finally unite in the heart centre. As such, it’s not about wanting this or that, it’s simply a process of our becoming. It offers rapture, joy, completeness, centredness, tranquility, arouses compassion and basically fixates our attention at what we may impartially call a higher vibration.

The difference between bliss in body vs peace of Self is that in the former state there is an experiencer experiencing (duality) whilst in the latter there is only singular, self-existent, luminous presence, complete in all respects sans identity.

The key difference is duality requiring identity vs singularity without identity.

@ FairyCrystal ~ I’ll not comment on definitions, labels and usage of scientific terms but what you are otherwise saying is accurate enough except that there is no practice per say or if there is, it is simply a ‘letting go off, layer by layer’ until everything goes.

Any practice we do must become a reflex instinct, a way of living and being, moment to moment, all moments entwined, otherwise it’s limited doership with an aim in mind. Talking about mind, we need to be in a no-thought’ zone. This is why even in the kundalini energisation process, I’ve never employed any technique but only simply allowed magnetism to flow as Divine Mother wishes, offering no resistance.

As long as we are calibrating, measuring, we are in mind, in ego. On the other hand, if we simply relax into our natural state, in agendaless animation, aware and receptive to the flow of life, mindful of residual identity offering responses not in resonance with love, gradually, ever so slowly, the false drops away.
Old 26-02-2023, 05:17 PM
Master

Quote:
As long as we are calibrating, measuring, we are in mind, in ego.

I think the true self is a mind of sorts as well and that it's actually necessary to calibrate and measure to be free of the identification with the body mind. To be aware of the higher or lower as it exists. But I think I understand your point here. Calibration and measuring with the wrong mind, the body mind, is ok for work for example, but not for seeking liberation.
Old 26-02-2023, 06:37 PM
Master
Quote:
[color="Black"].....
@ FairyCrystal ~ .... but what you are otherwise saying is accurate enough except that there is no practice per say or if there is, ....
Not true. There is a practise, plural ones even. Everything you do to work through stuff is 'a practice', albeit energy work, coaching, and so on.
And Joe Dispenza's work is sure as heck a practise, and a very effective one at that.

Quote:
it is simply a ‘letting go off, layer by layer’ until everything goes.
Of late I'm actually beginning to wonder about that. Abraham Hicks says you don't have to go over old stuff, don't have to digest it, ONLY if it is bothering you in your present day life. Otherwise you don't.
Joe Dispenza also has said that people who are new to meditating etc. find it easier than the ones who've been at it for a long(er) time.
And also when I'm thinking about the 'peeling off layers' I of late am beginning to think that is the long way round. Unless something is indeed a huge obstacle in life, otherwise I think you are better off just going for it. (It being the raising of vibration etc.)
The thing is, when you raise your vibration sufficiently all that old stuff fades away. And also, you are never really done peeling off layers.
And also in cognitive behavioral therapy they say you do not have to dissolve all issues. If you dissolve about 3 pertaining to an issue all the other issues fade away/peter out.

Quote:
As long as we are calibrating, measuring, we are in mind, in ego. On the other hand, if we simply relax into our natural state, in agendaless animation, aware and receptive to the flow of life, mindful of residual identity offering responses not in resonance with love, gradually, ever so slowly, the false drops away.
And all that is exactly what Joe Dispenza's work offers. I'm thinking you aren't familiar with it.