Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 28-02-2023, 09:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters

Comments? Thoughts?

It works. This is because thought is primary, and matter is secondary.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 28-02-2023, 09:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
I’ve tried hypnosis and it doesn’t work on me.

I have heard that some people just cannot be hypnotised. I guess I’m one of them.

Everybody can be hypnotized, and experiences hypnotic states every single day. There are just incompetent hypnotists that are unsuccessful. The more intelligent people are easier to hypnotize, but you can hypnotize even a dog (no disrespect intended to the dogs; I actually love dogs).
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 28-02-2023, 09:14 PM
Master

Quote:
That is an excellent point that you just raised, and Dr. Spiegel specifically mentioned that there are a number of people who resist hypnosis for various reasons and hence cannot be hypnotized against their will (conscious or unconscious).

That is precisely why he suggested self-hypnosis for such people as they may feel more in control with such a practice.
There are many simple methods like "negative suggestions" (don't think that, don't do that, ...), "confusion", "surprise", ...
Old 28-02-2023, 09:23 PM
Seeker

it's certainly interesting and I have read many accounts that are hard to explain and believe. I think the key is for people to have access to many techniques without exploiting them or giving them false hope.
Old 01-03-2023, 07:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
It works. This is because thought is primary, and matter is secondary.

Of course, thought is primary and matter is secondary. That's exactly the point.

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on WHY certain people can experience physical cures through hypnosis while others do not (assuming that the hypnotist is competent in both cases). I'm engaged in this discussion in another venue, and I'd love to hear what you have to say about this.
Old 01-03-2023, 08:00 PM
Master
Quote:
There are many simple methods like "negative suggestions" (don't think that, don't do that, ...), "confusion", "surprise", ...

That's an interesting point that you just raised. I have heard (but not verified) that the negative part of "negative suggestions" does not register with the person being hypnotized.

Hence, while suggesting to a person "don't do that", it reportedly registers as just "do that".

Since I have not verified that and can't even remember where I heard that, I would appreciate any further input you could give on this subject.
Old 01-03-2023, 08:10 PM
Knower
Quote:
WHY certain people can experience physical cures through hypnosis while others do not

Because for some undeserving people who need to suffer, the Higher Self prevents the suggestions from taking effect. The Higher Self has ABSOLUTE control over the whole organism, body, mind, emotions, feelings. That is the reason why some people are cured of cancer and other life threatening diseases and some are not.
Old 01-03-2023, 08:51 PM
Master

Quote:
... "negative suggestions" ...
Since I have not verified that and can't even remember where I heard that, I would appreciate any further input you could give on this subject.
The typical example is: "Don't think of a pink elephant now!"

You should, at least vaguely, briefly have imagined one.
Old 01-03-2023, 08:59 PM
Master

Quote:
... WHY certain people can experience physical cures through hypnosis while others do not ...
As I understand these, nobody is cured by another (not even by Christ); everybody can be cured only by themselves.

The hypnotist may facilitate your getting in contact with subconscious, but ultimately the cure depends only on what you communicate to your subconscious, both consciously and unconsciously. Your beliefs and your emotions are the main factors.
Old 02-03-2023, 05:59 AM
Knower
Quote:
As I understand these, nobody is cured by another (not even by Christ); everybody can be cured only by themselves.

Then you are mistaken. The only contribution you can make to your own healing is being mentally open to the healing provided by the universe (which includes your own body's immune system).

When Jesus said "Your faith has healed you" he did not mean that you have healed yourself through faith. He meant that because of your faith I will heal you by the word of God.

Also, what about a plastic surgeon redesigning the face of a person who had acid thrown on his face. Did he heal himself or did the plastic surgeon heal him from something that is worser than death.

About psychological problems you are a little right because unless you GET IT, understand it, psychological problems dont go away except through hypnosis which is a bad idea (Kindly read my next message for why it is a bad idea for psychological problems.)