Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 03-12-2022, 11:13 AM
Master

Walking meditation

Has anyone experienced or know much about a walking meditation.

Would love to hear your comments.
Old 03-12-2022, 11:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Has anyone experienced or know much about a walking meditation.

Would love to hear your comments.

I've been practicing for many years, you might enjoy,
https://plumvillage.org/articles/wal...ich-nhat-hanh/

There's also more info: regarding WM on Plum Villiage Website if you look around, including instructions..... When we are walking it is always to get somewhere/someplace but in WM you are already there it isn't a journey to and from but being in that moment you have already arrived...
Old 03-12-2022, 11:47 AM
Master
Possibly it may go like this ~ I feel the solidity of the earth element allowing my form to walk, as I behold myriad forms of flowers, trees, birds and animals and other humans around, within each being the single life spirit of God appearing as the many and for this wondrous sight, I am both grateful and delighted, thus embracing and releasing each sensory offering in time stretched tranquil peace’
Old 03-12-2022, 11:48 AM
Master
Ah, my post overlapped with sky ~ hope there are no discordant notes :)
Old 03-12-2022, 11:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Ah, my post overlapped with sky ~ hope there are no discordant notes :)

None whatsoever to each their own.... What works for one doesn’t for another and that's ok......
Old 03-12-2022, 12:05 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Possibly it may go like this ~ I feel the solidity of the earth element allowing my form to walk, as I behold myriad forms of flowers, trees, birds and animals and other humans around, within each being the single life spirit of God appearing as the many and for this wondrous sight, I am both grateful and delighted, thus embracing and releasing each sensory offering in time stretched tranquil peace’

This made me want to open up the window

And yes, in Vipassana retreats I've been to we did walking meditation for hours every day.
It was as deep and often as blissful as what Unseeker Seeker described, and one time I found a baby chameleon while walking meditatively.
I never in my life found one, but under that state of mind, I could notice things that I couldn't have before.
Basically, just move very slow. Feel your foot heels press the ground.. then the rest of the foot and the toes.. the breath, the wind.. the cars passing by.. your emotions.. the sunlight or the shadows on your skin.. the ever expanding and contracting sense of your spatial awareness...
Old 03-12-2022, 01:05 PM
Master

Ahhh thanks a lot everyone and thanks sky for that link. I will definitely have a look at it tonight.

I’m a bit on the “hyper” side so I figured this might be better for me. I’ll give it a go and let you know what happens.
Old 03-12-2022, 07:26 PM
Administrator
I always used to find being quiet in Nature is very relaxing.
Very often i used to take the dogs for a walk, we went through the Woods
There was a tree that had fallen,
I used to just sit on there To be at one with Nature,

I don't know how many spirits i saw there it was so relaxing you could meditate there very easily

Namaste
Old 04-12-2022, 06:28 AM
Master

Thanks Native Spirit. Yes I love the bush, so I should get myself out to it a bit more. Funny how ya forget to do these things. Ill get on to that this week and try walking very slowly thru it.
Old 28-02-2023, 09:56 PM
Seeker

Yes, I live in a state on constant meditation.