Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 26-04-2021, 03:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjhan
Except that I did just that and it also got deleted.

I'm not making it hard. I'm requesting that it be an exact amount. That's not hard. That's what is done for the avatar image we all use. The site has a set limit on size, whether by pixels or by file-size.

In fact, here's the text straight from that part of your control panel for editing your avatar image:
I'm commenting just because I want to help you to overcome this problem you encountered.

It doesn't matter how wide is your screen, not even how many pixels it has. When you're editing a message on the spiritual forums, the editing window does't fill the whole width of the screen. Take that as a guide. If the picture you're posting isn't wider than that width, I believe it'll be fine.

I'm not talking about the with of the preview, but the width of the editing box.

I hope this helps.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 26-04-2021, 12:06 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I'm commenting just because I want to help you to overcome this problem you encountered.

It doesn't matter how wide is your screen, not even how many pixels it has. When you're editing a message on the spiritual forums, the editing window does't fill the whole width of the screen. Take that as a guide. If the picture you're posting isn't wider than that width, I believe it'll be fine.

I'm not talking about the with of the preview, but the width of the editing box.

I hope this helps.
The problem with that, is the editing box doesn't show the image. It only shows the text of the image-link. Only in Preview will you see the image itself. And then you have up to the full width of your browser window.

And yes, my browser window isn't the width of my screen. However, I keep my browser maximize, so the actual "real estate (viewable area of the site) is almost the width of my browser. I just measured it. The viewable area of the site (on your one post window) when my browser is maximized (which is 100% of the time) is 1738x563 pixels. So yes, screen size does indeed matter.

Look, I know what I'm talking about. I've been in digital photography for almost twenty years (digital art and drafting for at least as long), and film photography going back even further. Screen size matters, especially when you have a site that does not resize images automatically. I am only trying to get an exact guide which will help everyone, not argue about why I shouldn't bother and just stick to image sizes which are so small they might as well not exist.
Old 26-04-2021, 03:07 PM
Master
A width of about 430 pixels seems fine.
I know, that is very small but some people
are using smart phones.

As for about 430 pixels, that is what I try to use.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 26-04-2021, 04:38 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
A width of about 430 pixels seems fine.
I know, that is very small but some people
are using smart phones.

As for about 430 pixels, that is what I try to use.
Okay, that is extra small, but I can use that for now. I'd still like an official size-designation that helps all members, not just for my uses. A pinned announcement stating the limits. That's really all I ever asked
Old 30-04-2021, 06:00 PM
Master
My personal preference is that I don't have to scroll to see the rest of the picture.

Yeah, true, people have different sizes of monitor and laptop. I thought about just that when the new quoting rule got implemented. Not everyone will see three or four lines of quoted text as being more than the ''two lines'' rule..

Then there's also zooming settings. I'm on a laptop and got my Firefox on 120%. Those settings will also determine how much of an image I see or how many lines I quote.
Old 30-04-2021, 10:13 PM
Legrand

To help make a choice:

100 x 100 pixel

200 x 200

300 x 300

400 x 400

500 x 500

After 500 wide it is too wide to me. Just my opinion