Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 16-10-2010, 04:56 AM
Master
I was once in a church for many years who believed that if healing was done by any other church belief system that it was from the devil, they believed that because they were God's chosen people they were the only ones who could do true healing. They believed that if healing was done by another church or belief that the healing wouldn't last that long. This is so sad..
Old 16-10-2010, 05:35 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falling Star
OMG.......I am a reiki 111 teacher, and i can assure you that i have never felt so close to God. I see Reiki as a re-connection to god source.
Unbiasedly..........i find that completely laughable! LOL
I am a Reiki master as well, and the Churches viewpoint may be based on ignorance but their conclusion nevertheless has some validity. The reason I say this is because because 'spiritual' is not the same as 'harmless', 'always beneficial', 'always good'. Any spiritual practice can open one to good and bad influences. It is just like medicines, natural does not mean not poisonous and if taken in excess even water becomes toxic.
The problem with Reiki is that when an averse reaction sets in most Reiki practitioners don't know what's going on. Their psycho-spiritual knowledge is limited or one-sided and because there is no organizational structure for Reiki there is also no referral system.
What other choice does an affected person who is overwhelmed by spiritual energies have other than contact the established and traditional structures?
Old 16-10-2010, 05:43 AM
pre-dawn

More thoughts. One cannot open up to spiritual energies selectively. Either one opens up to them or not. Anger, hate or concern for the other (by the Churches) is as much 'life energy' as a dismissive 'laughable' or love and peace. The bad comes with the good and some people may have more difficulty in handling the energies which are usually problematic for us.
Old 16-10-2010, 05:52 AM
Master
I so agree with you seekseek, and I have to say I love your little dogie, it reminds me of my little girl I lost about 2 years ago, she was a Chihuahua also.
Old 16-10-2010, 05:54 AM
SoaringSpirit

This viewpoint of the churches really bugs me. There are some 'fanatical' people out there who will find fault in everything and will have worked out very compelling arguments as to why they are right.

EG: Years gone by I remember a whole outcry about the fact that 'Noddy & Bigears" were gay because they slept in the same bed........how pathetic and the people that came up with this, were very serious about the whole thing.

I think that chuches are worried that instead of going to church and praying for healing, they will go to Reiki Practitioners for healing and the church may then lose some of their 'flock'. There are many other things at the moment that are 'threatening' the church - people are becoming more 'spiritual' and less 'religious' and are often therefore leaving the church etc

Personally, I REALLY don't see how anyone who has investigated reiki can say that it is in any way 'unholy'....
Old 16-10-2010, 06:00 AM
seekseek

pre-dawn . . . there is no problem with reiki . . . it goes where it is needed. practitioners just channel it, as you know. if there is a so-called "adverse reaction," that says nothing about reiki, which is always for the highest good. it does not influence karma and cannot go where it is not wanted . . .

psychoslice . . . yes, my doggie is so adorable! thank you
Old 16-10-2010, 06:31 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekseek
pre-dawn . . . there is no problem with reiki . . . it goes where it is needed. practitioners just channel it, as you know. if there is a so-called "adverse reaction," that says nothing about reiki, which is always for the highest good. it does not influence karma and cannot go where it is not wanted . . .
If Reiki is Universal Life energy then it includes all energies, it is not selectively 'good' only whatever that may mean. Your stance could be taken if one would also proposes a Universal Death energy.
IMO what you describe is the 'happy, go lucky' attitude which works fine until the proverbial s..t hits the fan.
It also assumes the notion that we are in conscious control of things. Psychology demonstrates that this is not the case at all. We are larger than what we appear to be, have many more aspects than we could ever imagine, and have less control over things than we think.
To step into this and try to influence it while saying 'nothing can go wrong' is foolish.
Old 16-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
I am a Reiki master as well, and the Churches viewpoint may be based on ignorance but their conclusion nevertheless has some validity. The reason I say this is because because 'spiritual' is not the same as 'harmless', 'always beneficial', 'always good'. Any spiritual practice can open one to good and bad influences. It is just like medicines, natural does not mean not poisonous and if taken in excess even water becomes toxic.
The problem with Reiki is that when an averse reaction sets in most Reiki practitioners don't know what's going on. Their psycho-spiritual knowledge is limited or one-sided and because there is no organizational structure for Reiki there is also no referral system.
What other choice does an affected person who is overwhelmed by spiritual energies have other than contact the established and traditional structures?

Pre-dawn, i can only speak from my own experience of course, but when i was attuned to reiki 11, i began to open up to spirit. I had a massive spiritual awakening triggered by meeting my supposed TF, (since joined with another soul energetically who i KNOW to be my true TF.) I was surrounded by guides of the White Brotherhood and angels, i was never allowed to be afraid, and i was led to a Spiritualist church where i was helped to understand what was happening to me.
From my undersanding the Structures of religion are crumbling and the churches are becoming afraid. Religion has been based on fear for too long. God is love after all!
Reiki has been returned to the earthplane to help us all to re-connect to our higher-selves. If the highest vibration is love, and the energy of reiki is love, how can it be harmful?
Reiki works for the highest and greatest good, it cannot harm!

*We find the path of wisdom....along the trail of tears*

*Your vision will become clear only when YOU look into YOUR heart. who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside AWAKENS*- Carl Jung
Old 16-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Silverfox

Lumpygravy.

Just for the record. Have you ever had a Reiki healing, if so, what did you feel.

I just think that if you wanted to see and feel both sides of the coin that you would have done something about it??

Silverfox

Quote:
Angels are speaking to all of us... some of us are only listening better

Old 16-10-2010, 10:31 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falling Star
Reiki works for the highest and greatest good, it cannot harm!
If that is so what is all that talk about protection and grounding about?