Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-11-2020, 07:37 PM
Seeker

Afterlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
The spirit world is a place of Love and peace.

The colours are out of the world they are so vibrant. colours you would never see here,
they have a Huge Halls of learning, so you continue to learn.
You are free as you dont have a heavy body to weigh you down.

Namaste

Hi Native Spirit,
Thank you and this sounds so beautiful and peaceful. What do I need to do to connect to my guide or spirit world. Is there anything you see surrounding me?
Always seeking but never finding .
Old 15-11-2020, 09:33 PM
Guide
It may also interest you to check out bardo yoga.
Old 17-11-2020, 08:57 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
The spirit world is a place of Love and peace.

The colours are out of the world they are so vibrant. colours you would never see here,
they have a Huge Halls of learning, so you continue to learn.
You are free as you dont have a heavy body to weigh you down.

Namaste
Native Spirit, Thank you for sharing your visions of the spirit world and or afterlife.
Old 18-11-2020, 04:30 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi Guff779,

I think it would be great to do what we wanted on the other side.
Just think for a minute, I have 4 guides, a power animal, and every journey i do i am accompanied by at least 1 guide, my power animal and at least 3 other meaningful animals.
I believe that all these "beings" are there to help me help others because thats what they want.
When my time comes, and if i am worthy, i would like to be the guiding light for someone meaningful, who is there to help others.

Love and Light

Last edited by FightingFish : 18-11-2020 at 05:31 PM.
Old 12-12-2020, 10:06 AM
Newbie ;)

Maybe you would benefit from reading the Urantia book....
Old 12-12-2020, 11:54 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
The afterlife is a reality of your own making.

It must be so.

There are so many versions and heavens bumbling about in peoples' minds that absolute confusion reigns - as in most things spiritual or esoteric.

All the NDEs and the OBEs on YouTube are typical of each of us creating our own realities. Each of us, in order to be born into this world, created ourselves (in our mother's womb) according to the attributes we acquired in consciousness. We are nothing but mind and matter (the proof lies in the daily eaten pudding) the mind is always there/here but the matter dissolves into other energies.
When we die we are not ghosts or souls, we are mind, individual and collective conscious mind, and our mind allows us the absolute freedom to do what we at that or any given moment find to be suitable to the circumstances.
There is no punishment or karma, we are each in a state of evolution using the various aspects of our experienced realities to spread our wings into what we call the future.

As we don't really 'die' there is nothing that is an everlasting burden on our consciousness.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 12-12-2020, 12:16 PM
I enjoyed that, Busby. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-12-2020, 01:07 AM
Knower

"Pure Land, like all Mahayana schools requires first and foremost the development of the Bodhi Mind, the aspiration to attain Buddhahood for the benefitof all sentient beings."

Shinran (1173-1262) made clear in Kyogyoshinsho that the motive for seeking to be reborn in the Pure Land is bodhicitta, the desire to help sentient beings (and not pleasure or one's own happiness).

Basically, there we have in Pure Land Buddhism the answer to the question of what each of us should be working towards for our After-Death.

In the tradition of Christianity, what one has to do to achieve this very aim was stated at Fatima in 1917. It was nothing new, having been known at least seven centuries before then. A strange thing for the "first and foremost" requirement of the Seeker is that discussion of the matter cannot be found in these forums since what has to be done is rather onerous.
Old 13-12-2020, 11:25 AM
Deactivated Account
This thread's title is "What is the afterlife like? " and the answer is 'variable'. The best and most accurate answers come from teacher/guides and those who have passed over and return to tell of their survival.

From what's been told we learn that there are 'permanent' areas and others that can be transient or just personal to those who create them for their own enjoyment/comfort.

So you hear about flowers, trees, landscapes, mountains and seas, as examples, things that can be seen and enjoyed by more-or-less everybody. Then there will be creations that in effect are experimental, created by those who feel they need them for whatever reason they may have. Those may be transient creations, used only as long as needed/desired and disappearing when they're no longer held in existence.

That's just SOME of what the afterlife's like.....
Old 13-12-2020, 11:38 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

There are so many versions and heavens bumbling about in peoples' minds that absolute confusion reigns - as in most things spiritual or esoteric.

All the NDEs and the OBEs on YouTube are typical of each of us creating our own realities.

When individuals have so-called near-death or out-of-body experiences they have not died hence what they experience is not the same as they - and we - will experience when they do actually complete the transition between incarnate and discarnate life.

Any state we create for ourselves - our 'realities' if you wish - are only as 'permanent' as we wish them to be. The reality of life beyond the grave is that there is a huge range of 'environments' we may find ourselves in.

Trying to pin things down to one 'reality' or another is pointless because there will be whatever 'reality' one individual needs and that can be a personal, individual 'reality' that lasts as long as it's needed by a particular individual. For others, perhaps many/most others, there will be a shared or communal reality that changes little from generation to generation.