Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 16-01-2011, 03:26 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
i like making love, i dont have sex at all

Please explain to me specifically how the two ("making love" and "having sex") are mutually exclusive. I was always under the impression that making love was one of many variations and styles of sexual activity.
Old 16-01-2011, 03:34 AM
Master
Ooh, ooh, I think I know the answer.

Old 16-01-2011, 03:39 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Ooh, ooh, I think I know the answer.

Well then... do tell! I would like to know how hand/mouth/genital to genital contact during the course of "making love" does not constitute "having sex" regardless of the feeling behind those actions. MeThinks that these aforementioned physical actions constitute "having sex", and there is no way of denying that. It is the feelings, purpose and motives behind these physical sexual actions that constitute the varying flavors of "having sex" and "making love" is one of many flavors of "having sex" but separating the 2 seems impossible.
Old 16-01-2011, 04:01 AM
Master
It's so cool to understand both guys.
It's a simple matter of how each one looks at it, their vantage mentally and/or emotionally and/or sexually.
You have a much more matter-of-fact stance and the other fellow says hey, I 'make love' not JUST have sex.

Old 16-01-2011, 04:28 AM
Master

Quote:
It's so cool to understand both guys.
It's a simple matter of how each one looks at it, their vantage mentally and/or emotionally and/or sexually.
You have a much more matter-of-fact stance and the other fellow says hey, I 'make love' not JUST have sex.

Well, the following original quote I was commenting on did not communicate that at all

Quote:
i like making love, i dont have sex at all

Hence the confusion i.e. How can one not have sex at all when making love? That was my question.

On another point, whats so "matter of fact" of JUST having sex? Why is that so "matter of fact" while "making love" is apparently "da bomb"? Of course everyone has their preferences, however, placing a hierarchical value on these 2 expressions is elitist and defeats the purpose. Alignment with source and with each other is, IMO, the most important factor regardless of whether a couple JUST has sex or "makes love".
Old 16-01-2011, 06:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen
Well, the following original quote I was commenting on did not communicate that at all

Hence the confusion i.e. How can one not have sex at all when making love? That was my question.

{He's just bragging, and he does it well.}

On another point, whats so "matter of fact" of JUST having sex? Why is that so "matter of fact" while "making love" is apparently "da bomb"? Of course everyone has their preferences, however, placing a hierarchical value on these 2 expressions is elitist and defeats the purpose. Alignment with source and with each other is, IMO, the most important factor regardless of whether a couple JUST has sex or "makes love".

He's just bragging, and he does it well.

Snicker~

Old 16-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Master

Quote:
He's just bragging, and he does it well.

Snicker~

Thats what it sounded like to me too! You know me by now, I had to call him on it!
Old 16-01-2011, 05:29 PM
whiteride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widdles55
I could honestly say I could go the rest of my life and never have sex again and be perfectly happy. I've always felt that sex was a weird and strange act, necessary only for reproduction. I have never come close to feeling an emotional connection with another while doing the deed. Even with my wife (whom I love more then anything) i feel nothing during sex and do it only to make her happy. I do have urges but find them to be more annoying then anything. When the urges come I learned to satisfy them quickly so they don't build to where that is where my thoughts constantly dwell.

Anyone else feel this way? Or am I just crazy?

I am the same. It is not crazy in my mind. But because you are in the minority many will try to bring you into the majority, with the 'you have an issue with your.....<insert babble here>.

If you said, I believe we should all be riding bikes and let us remove all cars, you would get the same response.

When they said the world was round, and so on and so on....

Sex can be pleasurable. Eating can be pleasurable. Killing people and skinning them alive can be pleasurable to some.

Knowing thyself is not always pleasurable.
Living in the minority is not always pleasurable.
Work is not always pleasurable.
Work is not always an economic occupation.

I only ever read the first post. I answer you and ignore the others. Because I find most answers hurt my ears with repetition of what I have heard before. On another topic, I might not do this, but in this instance I do.

I would say, wow, you have just about defeated one of Man's biggest distraction from knowing thyself.

When you have felt so much more, so much less is finally known as the least it always was.

But how do you tell that to those who have not felt so much more?

How do you tell a person scoffing chocolates that there is a beautiful lake outside to swim in, if only they would stop scoffing chocolates?

You go your own way. And feel liberty in your own way. And some day maybe they will look out the window see you swimming in that lake and join you.

Maybe you will go back in the house and have a sex romp.

I don't know.

Point being. I am the same. And I have found much reward in it that is beyond all the sex I could have had in many lifetimes.

I do not rule anything out, I do not rule anything in. But in this time of my life I abstain from what does not fulfil my heart, and by no means do I judge anyone on the basis of sex, being a current part of life as we know it.

Children are so happy and they do not have sex.

It raises many questions if you are prepared to go back to the source.

That said, women have never been a hard conquest for me. I often ask myself the question, for failure of never having a woman candidate being willing and open to answer?

What is it that is spiritually fulfilling from being penetrated by a man who's main objective is really just to find his own pleasure?

And if he does pleasure you also, does he make you breakfast as well? Does he kiss you when you least expect it, and take you to the beach at a secluded spot just when you need it, without having to tell him?

Because, if he can not do all that, why are you having sex with him at all?

Surely, woman make me wonder, not because I feel they overawe me, but because I feel very androgynous at times and feel into their divine feminine, and so feel love for men, but would never once want to be penetrated by them.

It makes me wonder why women want the surface of love, and not the depths, and if those depths are not available, is it because they just take what they can get in this world, or is it because they are not deep either.

I see women using sex as a means of manipulation, just so much as men use aggression the same way.

But I can tell you this. Become a politician. Pledge that you will make sex illegal. Good luck in the election :P

Just food for thought
Old 16-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Surely, woman make me wonder, not because I feel they overawe me, but because I feel very androgynous at times and feel into their divine feminine, and so feel love for men, but would never once want to be penetrated by them.

It makes me wonder why women want the surface of love, and not the depths, and if those depths are not available, is it because they just take what they can get in this world, or is it because they are not deep either.

I see women using sex as a means of manipulation, just so much as men use aggression the same way.

But I can tell you this. Become a politician. Pledge that you will make sex illegal. Good luck in the election :P

Just food for thought

I think that's admirable that you feel / are into women's divine femininity, I think I understand that.

Men or women, makes little difference, surface sex is/ feels good, much of the time anyway. Individuals have different expectations. I don't think they should be put down because they enjoy the act itself, though. I don't think it makes them shallow, it's how you color it / them in your own mind. A judgment against.

I think many if not most women want the 'depth' of a good relationship. Sorry to say, lots of women probly sacrifice or use, if you will, their bodies in hopes of snagging the depths, not knowing themselves, or have that 'depth' and it's so incredibly sad that men can be shallow and smirk, but if women are, they're ***** and ho's. Go figure.

Old 16-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Guide
I've come out of a relationship with the wrong guy more than two and a half years ago. Ever since, I have been living celibate, and I don't miss it. I masturbate about one or two times a month, but I don't miss sex. Not the usual thing, anyway.

I DO however miss the lovemaking with my soulmate. I've lost him and it still hurts... Making love to him was pure magic and bliss. It was merging our body, mind and soul. I DO miss that. Hopefully some day I will find another soulmate, but I'd rather not have sex at all than with the wrong guy again.
helpless against my immortality."

From "Savitri" by Sri Aurobindo
(The Book of Fate)