Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

View Poll Results: Are you a sceptic of a critic or a Believer
Sceptic 4 30.77%
Critic 1 7.69%
Believer 8 61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30-06-2021, 11:53 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Are you a sceptic or a critic or a Believer.......

I'm a believer.(With proof)............Simple as that.

If you have 'proof' - the plain evidence of mediumship - you don't really need belief any longer. If you haven't had personal experience then that of others may suffice. I use both in being personally persuaded.....
Old 30-06-2021, 12:59 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
If you have 'proof' - the plain evidence of mediumship - you don't really need belief any longer. If you haven't had personal experience then that of others may suffice. I use both in being personally persuaded.....

Personal experience here.
Old 30-06-2021, 01:41 PM
Master
I find that I can only believe in what I have personal experience doing. I keep an open mind about what others claim they can do.
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 30-06-2021, 02:16 PM
hazada guess

I am not a medium unfortunately but I have had readings where the medium gave actual names, signs and synchronicities throughout my life etc.
one medium even described my house before I'd seen it or bought it.
Those in spirit are just as eager to get in touch with us as we are with them.
Old 30-06-2021, 05:12 PM
Deactivated Account
I would find it very restrictive if I were unable to feel persuaded by others' experiences of mediumship.

Mediumship is the bedrock of Modern Spiritualism but ironically, in the land where it has its roots, seekers aren't easily able to see demonstrations the way we Brits can.

There's little doubt some personal experience is invaluable but beyond that it's easily possible in the UK to visit any number of Spiritualist churches (pandemic restrictions permitting) to see public demonstrations by experienced and accomplished mediums. It's not always perfect but over a small period of time enough good mediumship should be seen to make open-minded individuals think.

For those truly open-minded there is an abundance of potentially-persuasive evidence of survival. In such scenarios the accusations sometimes heard of plants in the audience, prior research etc. are all-but impossible and any such accusations would be totally absurd.

Those who constantly pooh-pooh mediumship may resist any possibility of their accepting its authenticity. I wish them well and reluctantly accept I have to leave them to their prejudices.
Old 30-06-2021, 06:20 PM
Master
Remember one medium confirmed I see spirit and his spirit and any things I never told anybody only got my mum told me about her mother and it was so spot on

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 30-06-2021, 06:36 PM
Deactivated Account
Here you'll find what Andy Byng feels and teaches about mediumship. (and other issues) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rHYd8dk-tI
Old 30-06-2021, 07:26 PM
Deactivated Account
Please remember: a medium provides details that should have come from a communicator. To reassure the recipient, the communicator needs to be identified. Then the recipient knows who is providing those details in the first place. If that doesn't happen one might ask where the details have come from.....

Having a practitioner tell you details about yourself, about someone close to you or about other facts doesn't automatically mean they're getting those details from a spirit communicator. Unless the recipient can be confident that details are helping identify a communicator then one should be mindful that the details provided by the practitioner may not have come from a spirit communicator at all.

A link between a recipient of a message and the sender of the message is essential to feel assured that mediumship is taking place rather than psychic reading.
Old 30-06-2021, 08:38 PM
hazada guess

Regarding the above post bobjob, the medium said to me that my mother(Now sadly deceased)was in a house with black windowsills, a black fireplace,she then went on to describe my (soon to be) new house.
Old 30-06-2021, 08:47 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Regarding the above post bobjob, the medium said to me that my mother(Now sadly deceased)was in a house with black windowsills, a black fireplace,she then went on to describe my (soon to be) new house.

I wasn't referring to your experiences hence I didn't quote your earlier posting. My remarks were intended to have general relevance for anyone who sits with a practitioner.