Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 14-11-2021, 09:59 PM
jaminhealth

Born and Raised into Catholicism,

and honestly the only Positive thing that came out of it was the 10 Commandments.

Started leaving it in my mid 30's and was totally gone in early 60's, it took a lot of years but I made it and with some help from 2 others (quite out there people) who left too.

One can never go wrong in life following the 10 Commandments.
Old 14-11-2021, 10:38 PM
Dude111

No if you can successfully follow them,its good...... I wonder how many people do?
Old 14-11-2021, 10:53 PM
Master
My Father was a Roman Catholic but I've never paid much attention to the ten commandments.
I'd rather just,
Do unto others as you would have others do unto you and
love thy neighbor as thyself and honor thy mother and thy father.

utopia
Old 14-11-2021, 11:27 PM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
My Father was a Roman Catholic but I've never paid much attention to the ten commandments.

My father was an atheist to the very core, and yet he had more love in his little finger for his fellow man, than most Christians have in their entire being, and I am assured that he is now at rest in Christ Jesus, who said to the Pharisee, the whole law is fulfilled in these two commandments, "Love God with your whole body, with all your mind and with all your soul and love your neighbour as yourself." If you do this you will inherit everlasting life.

It was the Logos God from whom all things originated, it was through Him, by Him and for Him that all things were created and without Him, not one thing was created that was created.

So, how can you say that you love God and yet hate your neighbour who God has become, so in actual fact the whole law is fulfilled in that one command, "Love your neighbour as you love yourself and do unto them, only that which you would have done unto yourself.

Do you impose these laws on the society around you; "Do not harm me or mine, do not kill me or mine, do not steal from me or mine, do not bring false accusations against me or mine, do not have sex with my partner, etc, etc, etc.

If you break the very law that you impose of the society around you, you have passed judgement on yourself.

Last edited by The Anointed : 15-11-2021 at 02:46 AM.
Old 22-11-2021, 05:45 PM
Master
QUOTE 3 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
Do unto others as you would have others do unto you and
love thy neighbor as thyself
I was raised Roman Catholic and you just posted two of my favorite quotes.
Old 22-11-2021, 09:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 3 EXCERPT: I was raised Roman Catholic and you just posted two of my favorite quotes.
Greetings Roman Catholic, born Roman Catholic here thanks to my father's blood. Im very open minded about my faith and don't particularly just follow the bible. Rather I'm intuitive about things and allow love to be my interpretation. Amen.
Love utopia
Old 14-11-2021, 11:58 PM
jaminhealth

On your father, my father "confessed" in the last 3 months of his life, I spent t that time with him to get him thru to the end, that he Never believed. He could NEVER ever mention this during his marriage and life. He had sisters who claimed being catholic and most of them were nasty nasty women.

As for dad and love, he didn't know the word and if he ever said it, I never heard it. He was an alcoholic all his life, so he never knew who he was nor did any of us know. Pretty tragic for all.

I can't quite call myself an atheist but I sure do question it all and have listened to some good scientific lectures at Cal Tech.
Old 15-11-2021, 03:05 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth
I can't quite call myself an atheist but I sure do question it all and have listened to some good scientific lectures at Cal Tech.

I too am Keen on science, and in most cases, I find that the scientific results, reinforces the truths as revealed in scripture, such as the order of creation, the fact that the planets of our solar system were created before our sun burst into life and light, and that Life had begun to evolve on earth before the sun was created, etc, etc.

Peace to all believers.
Old 15-11-2021, 04:02 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth
and honestly the only Positive thing that came out of it was the 10 Commandments.

Jaminheslth,

It’s even more positive if one considers that as being the 10 Predictions. All of those ‘shall nots’ are an indication that at some unspecified time in the future these various things will no longer occur. God cannot lie so it must be true. Furthermore time is not limited to this mortal life so this is also a promise of the life to come. This is a little too much for longtime Christians to consider….:)
Old 15-11-2021, 04:31 AM
Ascender

It's actually simpler than that. Just follow the golden rule: Treat others as you would have them treat you.
Closed Thread