Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 28-06-2013, 04:18 PM
Austin3211

Some questions.

When im just laying there trying to get into a deep state my head just feels like its rocking side to side intensely but it isn't, what does this mean? I can re-stimulate this "feeling" after about 10 minutes of meditation. Also I can never get into the vibe state or SP. I normally just end up falling asleep. Any tips for staying alert and awake? What are some techniques for "separating" I feel like ive been at the point to where I could AP before just couldn't separate.
Old 28-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Master

When you have ap sensations it means you are about to ap. When you head feels like it is rocking, encourage it to happen by using your mind. Make the swaying larger and larger and you should fall out of your body.
If I have not had a sleep I lie on my back. If I lie on my side, I always fall asleep. When I have had a sleep I lie on my side. I remind myself that I have to concentrate. I keep saying to myself during the day, I am aware and I can awake. It works but you have to keep it up. In the morning I go out into another room and I lie on my side. If I stay in bed it is too comfortable and I mostly fall asleep.
Old 29-06-2013, 01:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin3211
When im just laying there trying to get into a deep state my head just feels like its rocking side to side intensely but it isn't, what does this mean? I can re-stimulate this "feeling" after about 10 minutes of meditation. Also I can never get into the vibe state or SP. I normally just end up falling asleep. Any tips for staying alert and awake? What are some techniques for "separating" I feel like ive been at the point to where I could AP before just couldn't separate.

I actually get those same feelings just about every single night that I lay down and begin to relax in order to fall asleep. It also happens to me when I am a few minutes into meditation. Sometimes when you're near Aping you might get a similar feeling but typically it will be very pronounced and feel somewhat different from than when it happens during beginning stages of meditation and for me every night when I am laying down and close my eyes. People who don't believe in spirituality or just don't have a clue call it vertigo and I know a few people who it makes them have a hard time sleeping because they get motion sickness. Thankfully it doesn't bother me and I actually enjoy it, it's comforting to me and helps me fall asleep sort of like a baby rocking back and forth. I imagine there is something spiritual that makes babies enjoy rocking back and forth when they are falling asleep, it probably subconsciously reminds them of the purely spiritual life they just traded in for both a physical and hopefully spiritual life.

So speaking vaguely the feeling of moving around, floating, rocking back and forth, things of that nature can sometimes be a precursor to astral projection it doesn't always mean it is. You could lay there or meditate for hours with that feeling and never actually achieve a projection. So I would just ignore it for the most part and stay focused on the task at hand because if you think too much during meditation typically you will run into problems and have a hard projecting. If you attempt to separate every time you have that feeling you might never actually separate. The truth is when you're close to projecting and have the potential for separating you will definitely know it and won't need to ask anyone about it on these forums. The first couple projections the symptoms, side-effects, and precursors are usually very pronounced and extreme for most people.
Old 29-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Master

We are all different. What works for one person may not work for another. I suggest you experiment and see what works for you. Give it a chance for it to work. Sometimes we need practice for a while to get it right.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:11 AM
Master

This is how it is for me. It is extremely important to know your ap signs and to notice anything that might be different, even if it is only slight. If you miss your ap sign you will most likely fall asleep. I have noticed my body feels a bit different but I did not take any notice. Unfortunately I fell asleep. If I took notice, I would have been prepared to ap. I would most likely not have fallen asleep. Often I instantly ap so I need to be prepared for it.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
This is how it is for me. It is extremely important to know your ap signs and to notice anything that might be different, even if it is only slight. If you miss your ap sign you will most likely fall asleep. I have noticed my body feels a bit different but I did not take any notice. Unfortunately I fell asleep. If I took notice, I would have been prepared to ap. I would most likely not have fallen asleep. Often I instantly ap so I need to be prepared for it.

So true, it is very important to know your own AP signs. Just because one person has such and such as a sign doesn't mean you will, so if you're looking for someone else's AP signs you could very well miss your own. Of course time and experience will help you learn your personal AP signs, I am so familiar with mine now that I can recognize them at least a minute or two before I am going to have a projection.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:33 AM
AstralAspirer

I notice that Astral Suzy says that if she doesn't recognize her opportunity to AP she usually falls asleep. I have yet to succeed in AP just yet but I would like to get a consensus as to whether this scenario is universal. During my attempts I have never fallen asleep while trying to AP. Actually I feel a more heightened sense and vibrancy while attempting. Am I supposed to be on the cusp of sleep while trying? I feel like I can go for a very long time without getting tired. I am trying to understand the AP process as well. I am well aware that my body needs to be asleep for me to be successful in AP but is it assumed that i need to be consciously (mentally) near sleep as well or can I be as conscious as I am now typing this post and still achieve AP? In essence, what "state"are we supposed to be in? Hope this makes sense. Thanks
Old 02-07-2013, 08:23 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
So true, it is very important to know your own AP signs. Just because one person has such and such as a sign doesn't mean you will, so if you're looking for someone else's AP signs you could very well miss your own. Of course time and experience will help you learn your personal AP signs, I am so familiar with mine now that I can recognize them at least a minute or two before I am going to have a projection.
That is right Astral Explorer, everyone is different. I wrote this as it may help someone else.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralAspirer
Am I supposed to be on the cusp of sleep while trying? I am well aware that my body needs to be asleep for me to be successful in AP but is it assumed that i need to be consciously (mentally) near sleep as well or can I be as conscious as I am now typing this post and still achieve AP? In essence, what "state"are we supposed to be in?Thanks
From my experiences you can be on the cusp of sleep but you do not have to. You can be very aware as you are typing now. I have ap when I am very aware. You can be in any state to ap. I find it harder to ap in the afternoon or evening. I find ap is a lot easier to do in the mornings. Perhaps it is because I have a lot time to relax and I do not get disturbed.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Yetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin3211

HI Austin,

with the rocking feeling in the head I have no experience.
If you are too tired, you will fall asleep. This why it's good to try AP early in the morning, or after a few hours of sleep.
Typs for staying awake: a little body massage before AP, drink some cold water, your chakras have to be filled with energy just before AP, keep your attention on the top of the head. When everything OK, separation happens spontanously. I's much better to fall asleep, than make too big effort, with a stressed body