Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-10-2021, 09:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed
All Christians claim to believe in Christ, otherwise they are not Christians. From where did those who call themselves Christians learn of Christ?
I'll leave that for you to decide for yourself
Old 13-10-2021, 04:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
This is the Christianity Section.....
There are a Multitude of Different Denominations TA and not ALL believe Scriptures are the 'Words' of God.....

They do, if they have studied it.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 13-10-2021, 05:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Not ALL Morph.....
Old 13-10-2021, 08:03 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Not ALL Morph.....

You talking about the self defined Christians? People who claim to be Christian who no longer go to a church or belong to one as a member, who are not friends with a priest or pastor, who never have or no longer financially support a church, and who pick and choose for themselves what biblical doctrine or passage is true or false, good or bad.

What's funny is now days, many self defined Christians start their own churches!

I wonder what percentage of the Church defined Christians, who go to a church every week, know a Priest or Pastor by name and are friends with them, financially support that church they are members of, follow all the rules and teachings of that church, how many of them don't believe the entire bible is the word of God? Probably not as high as the self defined Christians.

It's odd to me for someone to claim they are Christian and they don't even believe in sin or bad actions that will result in a bad effects. That seems basic to me. It's not even a belief to me. It's reality. We reap what we sow.

My guess is there are a lot of adults who were raised Christian, no longer accept a lot of the teachings, yet due to their childhood conditioning and fears, they can't let go of their belief Jesus is God. So they are still bound to Christianity even though they don't believe in sin, hell, a God that judges us etc. They continue to believe Jesus was God and walked on water etc.

It's a new kind of Christian really. One that rejects most of the theology yet remains loyal to the God of the religion.
Old 13-10-2021, 08:22 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed
This is the Christian section of this forum, is it not?
Are Christians permitted to defend their faith against non Christians in this Christian section, or not?

I get the confusion, like why would somebody who does not believe in sin call themselves a Christian? But the reason is pretty simple I think. Jesus is a massively popular religious icon. Some self defined "Christians" have thrown everything out except for Jesus and some of his teachings.

Matthew 1:21
She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”

Matthew 9:13
But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

They may say those were made up or mistranslated or whatever if they don't believe in sin. Even though it is Jesus teaching about sin.
Old 13-10-2021, 08:57 PM
Master
Can a person who claims they are of another religion and promotes that religion, be considered a Christian?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 13-10-2021, 09:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus

Morpheus,

Of course that cannot be true. Belief comes from faith and faith is God given. There are many that have had courses in the Bible that have remained as nonbelievers. Famously Romans 10 speaks that faith(belief) comes by hearing the word of God. But it is actual hearing and actually God. Read Romans 10:18-20….the voice has gone out to all the earth, the words to the ends of the world. That was universal coverage in a time of no bibles and no mass communication. It could only come from God via the Spirit.
Old 13-10-2021, 09:50 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Can a person who claims they are of another religion and promotes that religion, be considered a Christian?

I would say the soul (me) can never be something other than itself, what it is. It can however focus on/cling to other things and perceive and experience and project those things with a false idea they are me or mine. If I am holding a flower or a rock, am I the flower or rock? If I am holding thoughts, beliefs, or ideas, philosophies, am I those things? These are things I may focus on/cling to, have and carry or hold, not things I am.

“Finally I am coming to the conclusion that my highest ambition is to be what I already am. That I will never fulfill my obligation to surpass myself unless I first accept myself, and if I accept myself fully in the right way, I will already have surpassed myself.”
― Thomas Merton: Roman Catholic Monk

I would not consider a soul a thing it is associating with. If someone fell into a thorny bush, it's best to be able to tell the difference between them and the bush, that's seeing things how they are, not how they look or act.

Jesus says those things we "focus on/cling to" we take with us to heaven.

MATTHEW 18:18
KJ21
Verily I say unto you, whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in Heaven; and so whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven.

“What we have to be is what we are.”
― Thomas Merton
Old 14-10-2021, 06:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
You talking about the self defined Christians? People who claim to be Christian who no longer go to a church or belong to one as a member, who are not friends with a priest or pastor, who never have or no longer financially support a church, and who pick and choose for themselves what biblical doctrine or passages
No I am referring to Christians who do all of the above through 'Love' not because they believe Scriptures are the 'Word' of God
Old 14-10-2021, 04:48 PM
Master

Quote:
No I am referring to Christians who do all of the above through 'Love' not because they believe Scriptures are the 'Word' of God

Sky123,

This is it. We seek a connection with God and love is the benchmark above all else. Somehow Christians forget the story of the Good Samaritan….the priest and the Levite ignored the victim even though they would have been viewed as godly. We seem to think that God belongs only to us and then, in contradiction, boldly assert that there is but one creator God. We might have the last part right but we are amiss if we convince ourselves that aGod is exclusive to us.

I have this one simple belief: When I see genuine love I am seeing God…..it is as close as you can get to God. Do not try to tell me that others despite their religion or lack of religion are not capable of love. It is possible that their connection to God might surpass our own. In one sense religion can be nothing more than tribalism…..our ego’s desire to distinguish and separate ourselves from others. Practiced correctly Christianity is without fault as it’s namesake. I emphasize practice as opposed to belief……