Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 01-11-2021, 01:41 AM
Experiencer

Matthew 6:7

Matthew 6:7 "And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words."

Would this include say Chanting your prayer?

KJV 6:7 "And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words."

Is chanting in vain? Is chanting babbling? I'm struggling with this scripture because I had chanted in the past and I got what I prayed for. 3 times for important things I needed.
Old 01-11-2021, 02:56 AM
Master
Emphasis is placed on working from your heart as opposed to saying repetitive prayers which in many cases, never reaches the heart of the one saying it.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-11-2021, 06:30 AM
Master
No, there is a long tradition of Chanting in Christianity. Many Communities of Monks and Nuns still use Ancient Chants to praise God.
Whatever you do out of love is perfect and right Chant is a prayer, Its rightness or wrongness would depend on the purpose of the Chant, and the motive in your mind/heart.....
Old 01-11-2021, 06:55 AM
Master
Then what is the 'true' meaning of Matthew 6:7?

Was Jesus a dissembler?

And was Jesus a master of Antiphrasis?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-11-2021, 08:23 AM
Master
@Tirisilex.
Let's not forget Jesus was a Jew, He practised His Religion, attended and taught in the Synagogue. He personally would have Chanted the Torah. Today the Scriptures are still chanted in Synagogues with an intricate musical system. You might find ' Hebrew Cantillation ' interesting
Old 01-11-2021, 09:28 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Then what is the 'true' meaning of Matthew 6:7?

God the christ entity, only answers prayers, for the inflowings of the Holy Spirit'UAL essence. All other prayers are answered by lesser spiritual beings.

In reality, praying is, conducting every minuscule moment of your life, practising the christ entities "unconditional way of love".

God the christ entity, has it's entire one singular universe, set up as a reward system.

Reward will be given, in the instant of every moment, when an individual has a view & desire to become transformed into a christed being, in of the very essence of the christ entity itself.
Though the individual needs to be in a state of complete emotional truthful loving desire for the holy spirit to flow & be received.

When the individual practices gods way of love, in any one singular moment, with a desire for gods very essence (Holy spirit) to flow into & transform that individual, into the the very essence of the christ entity, then the holy spirit'UAL essence of & from the christ entity, will in the moment, flow into that individual, untill the pure truthful desire is lost.

God the christ entity, does not answer any prayers, for anything but, the individuals desire for the inflowings of the very christ essence, and the transformation.

All other prayers, other than the inflowings of the Holy Spirit'UAL essence, are answered by lesser spiritual beings, than the christ entity itself.

The individual, has to be in a pure, truthful state of being, in order to be transformed into a christed being. And if the individual is infact, truthfuly desirous for change, then the holy spirit'UAL essence will flow.

The above is information is from spirit, & is for anyone's considerations only.
Old 01-11-2021, 12:28 PM
Master

Neil i recon that i'm dependent on being dependent on the "Christ entity"
just saying i'm dependent doesn't seem enough! :)
Old 01-11-2021, 02:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
@Tirisilex.
Let's not forget Jesus was a Jew, He practised His Religion, attended and taught in the Synagogue. He personally would have Chanted the Torah. Today the Scriptures are still chanted in Synagogues with an intricate musical system. You might find ' Hebrew Cantillation ' interesting

You provided no interpretation for Matthew 6:7

But you have left the impression that Jesus was a dissembler?

Matthew 6:7 is a prelude to the Lord's prayer. Verses 5 and 6 give further insight on the matter. Jesus said:, starting with verse 5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

Old 01-11-2021, 02:32 PM
Master
As for the Lord's Prayer, those words "Lord's Prayer" were added later and were never part of the original scriptures.

That prayer was in essence an outline as what to put in a prayer. That 'outline' is fairly simple. It reads:

“‘Father,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come.
Give us each day our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins,
for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.
And lead us not into temptation."

From the NIV translation.

Old 01-11-2021, 11:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
Neil i recon that i'm dependent on being dependent on the "Christ entity"
just saying i'm dependent doesn't seem enough! :)
What kind of dependency.....emotional or physical.

Because emotionally an individual can live in a normal natural love state of being, without having a knowing relationship with the Christ entity.

And the same can be said for physically as well. It's not like you will lose your Earthly life, if you do not have a knowing relationship with that same entity.
And after the life connected to the flesh, life can also continue on, though you can not live within the holy kingdom.