Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 02-06-2013, 12:26 AM
Knower

Someone new looking in may know of some writing.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Knower

I probably should have addressed the OP to those who think that the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week and who think that the 3 days and 3 nights of Matthew 12:40 is a common Jewish idiom.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:33 AM
StaroftheSea

Days of the week just came up in the Trivia questions on the radio (three days a week) Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

Rarely do I ever listen to the radio unless a Christianity station Morpheus.

You have quoted the correct answer on the OP's question, through God, in relation to His Scriptures quoting Moses on God and Mount Sinai and the Three Days undoubtedly.

Before this The big bang theory was in a trivia question, when on the other science related Thread.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Knower

StaroftheSea,

re: "You have quoted the correct answer on the OP's question..."

Who is the "you" and what was their correct answer?
Old 11-08-2013, 03:23 PM
StaroftheSea

Three Days and Three Nights - Matthew 12:40 -

"For just as Jonah was in the belly of the sea monster, for three days and three nights, so for three days and three nights the Son of Man will be in the Heart of the Earth".

Jesus states three days and three nights in entirety. Literally. Not parts thereof, in entirety, all inclusive. (3).

In John 19:31
"Since it was the day of preparation the Jews did not want the bodies left on The Cross during the Sabbath, especially because that Sabbath was a day of great solemnity. So they asked Pilate to have the legs of the crucified men broken and removed. Then the soldiers came and broke the legs of the first and of the other who had been crucified with Him. But when they came to Jesus and saw that Jesus was already dead, they did not break His legs. Instead one of the soldiers pierced his side with a spear and at once blood came out. He who saw this has testified (John) so that you all may believe his testimony is true and he knows that he tells the truth.

These things occurred so that the Scriptures may be fulfilled 'None of His bones shall be broken".

And again another passage of Scriptures says "and they will look on the One whose bones shall not be broken". And of course they were not as John says.

To the point of John's Writings and Readings "The Sabbath according to the Jews was a day of solemnity in which they wanted no-one remaining on The Cross. This was the day (Saturday originally being the Sabbath in the Middle East during Jesus' Life here on Earth) that Jesus was taken away. Friday Jesus died on The Cross. Sunday Jesus ascended into Heaven.

Now Jesus still in His Scriptures and from God has counted earlier the three days in the Heart of Earth.

When Jesus spoke to Mary Magdalene in His Tomb after dying, Jesus said to her "Now don't hold on to Me, I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to My Brothers and say to them "I am ascending to My Father and to your Father, to My God and your God".

Mary Magdalene went and announced to the Disciples "I have seen the Lord" and she told them that He had said these things to her".

Therefore, Jesus had not Ascended into Heaven at the time (on Easter Sunday) when Jesus was speaking to Mary Magdalene despite Jesus already having been dead and in The Holy Spirit, which He always had been here on Earth anyway in a physical form as a being also.

Jesus may not have ascended into Heaven until that afternoon or night which is now known as Easter Sunday.

So we have Good Thursday with Jesus' Last Supper and His preparation prior.

Good Friday in which Jesus died on The Cross.

Easter Saturday (the Sabbath) in which the Jews would keep Holy and not work back in Jesus' days. Despite this being physically the day of burial, we must remember that Jesus had died the day before in which Jesus has in all probability counted Friday as the first day in reference to 'the Heart of the Earth', Saturday being moved into the Tomb. Sunday being in the Tomb (and Jesus may well have ascended that night) after speaking with Mary Magdalene.

What is the Heart of the Earth in which Jesus refers should be the question.

The heart of the Earth. Not the Heart of Jesus, not the heart of Heaven.

The heart of the Earth as it was back in those days and in ways today.

When our Jesus/God is 'all Love and Goodness' and when living here on Earth, what would one interpret if Jesus said back then "the heart of the Earth for three days and three nights".

Meaning 'the cruel cold hearts of man and horrible cruel Earth full of sin' who were about to torture and crucify Jesus (our Heavenly Brother and Heavenly Father).

Regardless of when Jesus was crucified, the most important thing is that He gave up His Life for us in order to be born, to live, for Jesus to have Mercy upon our Souls with sin on Earth, and to intervene saving Souls when asked, saving His World when asked if He so chooses, through His Divine Love and Mercy.

"Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have come to believe" says Jesus.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Knower

StaroftheSea,

You have a question directed to you in post #24.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:03 PM
StaroftheSea

Three Days and Three Nights

I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth. He was conceived by the Power of the Holy Spirit and was conceived by the Virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended to the dead. "On the Third day He rose again". He ascended into Heaven and is Seated at the Right Hand of The Father. He will come again to judge the living and the dead. His Kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Catholic Apostolic Church, the Communion of Saints, the Resurrection of the Body (Jesus) and life everlasting Amen.

Short version of The Apostles Creed left by Jesus relating again to the Third Day He rose again. On the Third day. Friday Jesus died. Saturday Jesus was placed into the Tomb and thereafter spoke to Mary Magdalene. Now, whether Jesus ascended into Heaven on either Sunday or Monday would be unclear to any one other than Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit (The Holy Trinity) because Jesus said to Mary M " that he had not yet ascended into Heaven". He was in the Holy Spirit but had not yet ascended into Heaven. Therefore when we say 'on the Third Day" as Catholics, we are going by the Apostles Creed which was left to us by Jesus in His Scriptures. It comes from His Bible of Scriptures.

'Mark 8:31

Then He began to teach them that the Son of Man must undergo great suffering, and be rejected by the Elders the Chief Priests, Pharisees and the Scribes and be killed and after three days rise again. He said all this quite openly. And Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him. "Get behind me Satan! For you are setting your mind not on divine things but on human things".

He called the crowd with His Disciples and said to them"if any want to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross and follow Me. For those who want to save their Life will lose it and those who lose their life for My sake and for the sake of the Gospel, will save it. For what will it profit them to gain the whole world and forfeit their Life? Indeed what can they give in return for their Life?Those who are ashamed of Me and My Words, in this adulterous and sinful generation of them the Son of Man (Jesus) will also be ashamed when he comes in the Glory of His Father with the Holy Angels".

"Truly I tell you there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see that the Kingdom of God has come with power".
Old 13-05-2014, 06:24 PM
Knower

I should also add "...and who thinks that the 'heart of the earth' is referring to the tomb" to the OP.
Old 22-08-2014, 10:44 PM
Knower

Since it's again been awhile, perhaps someone new looking in will know of some writing.
Old 16-01-2015, 01:12 PM
Knower

Since it has been awhile, perhaps someone new looking in who thinks that the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week, and who thinks that the three nights specified in Matthew 12:40 actually means two nights because the verse is using common Jewish idiomatic language, will know of some writing as requested in the OP.