Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-01-2023, 12:23 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I have to be seeking to find????? But if I already know what I want to find or even what there is to be found, how can I find anything other than that?????? And I'm often busy listening to people telling me what I will find or what I should seek... so how could it be otherwise?

If one is seeking for something specific it is a limited search. The parameters that you establish remove the freedom of discovering something of greater value. It is gospel for many of us that there is always more to learn……listening to others is accepting their concepts…..infinity is at play here…..:)
Old 24-01-2023, 01:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
If one is seeking for something specific it is a limited search. The parameters that you establish remove the freedom of discovering something of greater value. It is gospel for many of us that there is always more to learn……listening to others is accepting their concepts…..infinity is at play here…..:)

fwiw some of my best insights have been through posting whatever I could think up then honestly considering the responses... I've been sometimes floored with possibilities I hadn't considered... but it can be difficult because there is always the sense of wanting to fight for whatever cause I already have instead of accepting that something else might be interesting too... letting go of the ego is no fun but personally I've been more interested in describing what is around me than egoic fights for dominance... besides I find I can't learn about god if I ever decide who god is...

like you say it is a matter of learning, growing... I think sometimes you can't understand another way of thinking until you've grown into the body that will let you understand... which means new learning and new experiences... and sometimes some shutting out of experiences that you are used to so you can experience being without them... I was thinking today that reducing the noise like that may in some ways be kinda like trying to sit in silence with god... but anyway after all that you sometimes get an aha moment and maybe go off and read more about what you've just learned in a book you are already familiar with!
Old 24-01-2023, 09:09 AM
Seeker

Quote:
KnowwhatLies,
It is only your ego that is speaking either by thoughts or words. God will not hear your prayer and think “Wow I had no idea that you loved me that much !”….or….” Wow I did not know you needed that !” .

This is what is told regards to love of the heavenly father and what is required for their appearance, as written in John 14:
Quote:
21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.
24 He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.
No mention of emptying of thoughts but deeds. The bible contain the words which passed from Yahuah the god there is no like him, the heavenly father. These are not my own.

But what of these words
Quote:
"Your ‘room’ is your inner self….’closing the door’ is shutting out all exterior and interior thoughts. This being ‘still’ is the means for knowing God. This is true silent prayer…..not a word from your lips….not a word in your thoughts. This truly silent prayer is precisely the ‘nothingness’ "
Please show any direct indication that these words were passed down by Yahuah. *Deleted*
The passages I can recall in regard to nothing refer to idols. Statues be they of stone, metal or wood. In other words, without life in them.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 24-01-2023 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Opinion.
Old 24-01-2023, 09:30 AM
Master
Quote:
KnowwhatLies,This being ‘still’ is the means for knowing God. This is true silent prayer…..not a word from your lips….not a word in your thoughts. This truly silent prayer is precisely the ‘nothingness’ that you said was not mentioned in the instructions.
What is 'nothingness' Mo ?
Old 24-01-2023, 09:41 AM
Master
" The kingdom of God is within you." Only a true mystic could have spoken these words, imo.....
Old 24-01-2023, 12:13 PM
Reminder to all...sorry, but on this Forum the Admin has asked to quote only 2-3 sentences from a member's post.
It helps to place the Post # referring to.
Thanks

Also, be sure to qualify your statements as opinions or your belief or it is written or this is your interpretation
and so on - not as facts,
even when you think they are!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-01-2023, 02:38 PM
Seeker

Quote:
KnowwhatLies,IMO you omitted the most significant instructions that Jesus gave concerning prayer... Verse 6…”go into your room, close the door”.
Claiming omission, yet what of the preceding verse in Matthew 6
Quote:
1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

Luke 18:9–14
But the Publican stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast in sorrow and said, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner.’ “I tell you, this man went down to his home justified rather than the other. For all who exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.”

The parable speaks of being humble in contrast to showing off.

Reminder, the instruction of prayer in Matthew 6:9-12 which consist of words and what are thoughts if not words in the mind. No silence in thoughts or nothingness.

Mistaken conclusions can happen when taking a small bit while ignoring the whole. Small things can be easier to manipulate.

Also to powerful being such as Yahuah the heavenly father, thoughts would not be obstruction if so decided. If two forces collide, the stronger would remain. Based on that, emptying or silencing thoughts is not a requirement.
Derek Prince(1915-2003)account is example of that which can be read at
jesustruthdeliverance.com/2022/08/01/the-spirit-power-in-yoga/

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 25-01-2023 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Shortened quotes, deleted opinions stated as fact again!
Old 07-02-2023, 03:58 AM
Knower

Mystics rather like the term Godhead.

"Godhead (or godhood) refers to the essence or substance (ousia) of the Christian God, especially as existing in three persons — God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godhead_in_Christianity

The above definition may relate to mystical experiences. Note however the essence of God indicates that there is an outer form of God that may be transcended by the mystic.

Thus the mystics may operate within their own spiritual beliefs without bothering the theologians of their traditional religion.