Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 15-02-2022, 08:43 PM
Administrator
Please keep to topic and remember Everyone has their own opinions

Namaste
Old 15-02-2022, 09:15 PM
Deactivated Account
On this subject particularly, folk will have differing views and maybe that's the reason the thread starter asked the question. But let's all please remember the question began asking about spirituality and not the other contentious matters.
Old 16-02-2022, 07:34 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
This is rapidly descending into farce.
Does that mean you're going to stop talking to me now?
Old 16-02-2022, 07:35 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
That's disingenuous.....
That's self awareness and thank you for making my point.
Old 16-02-2022, 07:36 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
also disingenuous
That's also what happens when people make up nonsense and believe it to be the truth.
Old 16-02-2022, 07:42 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Agree. Some of us are quite happy to use the term ego as pertaining to identification with the lower principles of personality and then Greenslade steps in and insists that it can only be used as Jung defined it.
It's not the lower principles of personality though, and you calling it such is your ego coming up with something it has made up to gain status. That's not Spirituality.
Old 16-02-2022, 07:53 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
But let's all please remember the question began asking about spirituality and not the other contentious matters.
I guess there's another answer to the OP. The matter is considered contentious, it gets swept under the carpet and Chinese Whispers become the basis of all those 'higher principles' of Spirituality. Spirituality becomes about what is not Spiritual. Those "contentious matters" provide the frameworks and foundations for Spirituality - keeping it simple - so if those "contentious matters" are not based on Right Thinking and therefore Right Understanding, then one's entire Spirituality follows suit. Common vernacular is seldom truth.

Spirituality becomes a kara that one's Aham is made from, since this is a Spiritual forum not a psychology it Chinese Whisper forum.

"Life, indeed, is a heat haze,
Things have no form in themselves."
Lao Tzu
Tao Te Ching (Mary English translation)

Last edited by Greenslade : 16-02-2022 at 10:31 AM.
Old 16-02-2022, 10:03 AM
hazada guess

What does spirituality mean to you?

Hmmm,let me think. It is comforting to me in my lowest times, It is always open for discussion, it is the idea that we don't lose our consciousness after death, it is supposed to be full of love. A place free of worry,in fact it can be what you want it to be.
There is a danger that it'll go the way of all religions though and is made to be a way of controlling the masses, on this forum especially. Different densitys,heaven and hell etc.No one knows what it'll be. really like until they get there.
Whatever it means, we will all one day find out, until then it remains a mystery to us (on purpose) otherwise it would drive us mad.

everybody loves a mystery.
Old 16-02-2022, 01:49 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
...... Right Thinking and therefore Right Understanding, then one's entire Spirituality follows suit. Common vernacular is seldom truth.

More proper nouns..... Do you think it's bolstering your argument by creating these terms to make them appear to be established principles?

If so, exactly what is 'Right Understanding' or what is 'Right Thinking' and who and what has defined them as proper nouns if not only yourself?
Old 16-02-2022, 02:45 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
What does spirituality mean to you?

Hmmm,let me think. It is comforting to me in my lowest times, It is always open for discussion, it is the idea that we don't lose our consciousness after death, it is supposed to be full of love. A place free of worry,in fact it can be what you want it to be..
This is the kind of personal answer any of us might give and it exactly addresses what the thread-starter asked - what does spirituality mean to you? Beyond that it becomes a football to be kicked around without any real purpose unless the players can come together to find common ground and maybe an alternative definition.

But much of what's been added to this thread has been personal prejudice and rancour with no effort made either to stay on-topic or to develop a meaningful conversation.
Closed Thread