Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Massage

Old 15-12-2017, 02:23 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akh75
I'm curious to see what folks think of this.

I have a knack for getting massage therapists who talk through the entire massage. I don't do much to advance the conversation, just minimal responses ("Mhm." "Oh." "Huh."). I've been told it's probably because I'm very friendly... I don't enjoy being talked to the whole time. It takes away from the massage experience and it's not relaxing at all. I've come to the point where I ask before the massage if we can have it in complete silence.

How do others feel about this?

Ran into that long ago ....... those are more mechanical type therapists who were of little use ~

The Chinese Therapists were and are SUPER and SILENT ....... you will be amazed ~
Old 26-12-2017, 10:19 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Eagle
Ran into that long ago ....... those are more mechanical type therapists who were of little use ~

The Chinese Therapists were and are SUPER and SILENT ....... you will be amazed ~
I've had talkative sessions where the therapist basically used conversation as a way to get me to loosen up where my body was overly tensed. She made a point to explain that post session. All depends on who you see and how well versed they are.
“Once you realize that the road is the goal and that you are always on the road, not to reach a goal, but to enjoy its beauty and its wisdom, life ceases to be a task and becomes natural and simple, in itself an ecstasy.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj
Old 12-05-2019, 07:21 PM
Knower

Considering I regard what massage therapists charge to be a somewhat exorbitant fee, I usually keep my sessions to thirty minutes, although I’ve had sessions last 45 or 60 minutes on rare occasions when the chronic muscular tension is particularly acute.

To me, it would be a tad strange to spend a full hour with someone alone in a room and not say anything, even if the other person is a therapist.

All I ask is that the RMT’s breath is fresh and not reek of onions or hummus. Otherwise, I might want to break with the awkward silence to offer her a mint.

When I first started going for massage therapy, I wasn’t sure exactly what to do as far as conversation went. My first visit, we entered the room together. She asked me a few questions about where it was I was feeling tense. I wondered to myself, Is she going to stay here while I undress? To my delight, she allowed me to divest away from scrutinizing eyes. When she returned, I tried to think of things to say that would help ease my slight embarrassment at being semi-nude beneath the blanket that covered me.

I’ve since learned to keep mostly quiet and to try to lose myself in the experience. The room is often dimly lit with soothing New Age music playing softly in the background. I figure this is no time for me to start haggling. The whole ambiance is centered around relaxation, as if a cue for me to go with the flow and to try and drift away in the moment. We make a bit of chitchat before and after the massage; there’s very little need to do so, during the treatment.

Every RMT I’ve been to tends to keep quiet during the massage, unless I’m the one to initiate a brief verbal exchange. My impression from this is that they’d prefer to concentrate on their handiwork in silence than have me ask them what their opinion of the weather is or what they had for lunch. As one who is reticent by nature, this works for me, too.
Old 20-11-2021, 10:38 PM
jaminhealth

One has to speak up and tell the therapist, I don't want to talk or hear talking. I've gone to massage schools in my town so I got many massages in my life.