Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Closed Thread

Old 28-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Lapis

Book1 *Favorite Books*

We all have our favorite books and over the years they change and grow as we do. I thought it would be helpful and interesting to list some or all of our personal all time favorite learning books. By that I mean metaphysical/spiritual type books so we can discover books we may have not heard about before. Here's some of my long term favorites in no special order.

1) All the Seth and Jane Roberts books.

2) All of Carlos Castaneda's books.

3) All of Richard Bach's books. "Illusions" was a great one.

4) All of Karen Bishop's books about the Ascension process. The Ascension Primer: Life In the Higher Realms Series: Book One and the Ascension Companion: A Book of Comfort for Challenging Times and Remembering Your Soul Purpose: A Part of Ascension. There's another one coming in Oct. 06 also. Click on all the book titles for more info.

www.whatsuponplanetearth.com/APbook.htm

5) All of Dion Fortune's books. Both her fiction and nonfiction.

6) All of Barbara Hand Clow's books - which I'll leave a link to so you can take a look yourselves. She's written a couple excellent astrology books ("Liquid Light of Sex: Kundalini, Astrology, and the Key Life Transitions") which I highly recommend if you're an astrologer. And her The Pleiadian Agenda: A New Cosmology For The Age of Light and Alchemy of Nine Dimensions for all who like using both sides of their brains!

www.handclow2012.com/bookcdvi.htm

7) All of Barbara Marciniak's channeled books. Bringers of The Dawn and Earth and Family of Light and Path of Empowerment.

www.pleiadians.com/index.html

8) Scott Mandelker's books. From Elsewhere: Being E.T. In America and Universal Vision : Soul Evolution and the Cosmic Plan.

www.scottmandelker.com/

Last edited by Lapis : 28-09-2006 at 09:52 PM.
Old 29-09-2006, 04:51 AM
mikron

Greetings Lapis thanks for sharing! I already posted in the book section a favorite book of mine " The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life: Volume 1 (Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life) by Drunvalo Melchizedek (Paperback - April 1, 1999)

The reason I mention this again because the book has a lot of the answers that people on this forum are looking for like the ancient earth history and how we got the way we are ! Full explanation of ancient Egypt! Detailed information about the Christ consciousness grid around the planet and alien races all the way back to ancient times! Information on sacred geometry around the physical body and how the same exact field is around the planet!

Sacred geometry is a way of saying "the personal and the Planetary are One"

Namaste mikron

Old 29-09-2006, 05:45 AM
Light Mage

My favourite non-fiction books are "The Elegant Universe" and "The Fabric of the Cosmos" both by Brian Greene.

I'm also quite fond of Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels, two favourites of mine being "Hogfather" and "Thief of Time".
Old 01-10-2006, 08:34 PM
Ascended Master

Back to basics... DORIS STOKES!
Legend!
AM
Old 01-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended Master
Back to basics... DORIS STOKES!
Legend!
AM
That sounds like what I need right now!!

Lapis...I'll second the Richard Bach books! :)

I'm also very fond of Shakti Gawain:
Creative Visualization
Living in the Light
Creating true Prosperity

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 02-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Master
Favorite Teaching Books?

That will have to be;

'The Road Less Travelled' by M Scott Peck

'You Can Heal Your Life' by Louise Hay

'Bach Flower Remedies' by Edward Bach (For the description of the 'types' of people/remedies and his premise of healing)

Then there are the 'Quasi' spiritual books I read as a child that helped me grow within;

'The Chronicles Of Narnia' by C S Lewis

'The Lord Of The Rings' by J R R Tolkein

'The Chronicles Of Thomas Covenant-The Unbeliever' by Stephan Donaldson

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:42 AM
Enlightener

The Egg-yolk adventure, by Harry Thomons

I have found great spiritual wisdom in the Conversations With God trilogy by Neale donald Walsch, and there are other books by the same author that have provided me with answers to some of my questions.
I guess the catch is, when reading these books, do you really beleive that it is God that is talking to you through the book? If so, there is a lot of beneficial information, and also comforting, especially if you have been burdened by a religion and their beleifs...

Enlightener
Old 04-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Lapis

"....especially if you have been burdened by a religion or their beliefs...."

Never truer words said Enlightener! I really enjoyed that line.....thanks.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:43 AM
BLAIR2BE

favorite books, lets see......
"the great and secret show" by clive barker (i think)
"schrodenger's cat" by robert anton wilson
"steven king-cant remember the title. about a woman who trips on a disc in the woods, digs it up to find that its a space ship thing"
"rama reveled" by the greatest sci fi writer
"times eye" books also by the greatest sci fi writer
"ralph s mouse" by cant remember the author
"the lonely sea and the sky" by sir fransis chichester
"stars in my crown" by cant remember the author
"a wrinkle in time" by madeleine l'engle

this is but a dent in the titles i consider favorites
Old 05-10-2006, 12:52 AM
Light Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAIR2BE
"steven king-cant remember the title. about a woman who trips on a disc in the woods, digs it up to find that its a space ship thing"
Could that be The Tommyknockers?
Closed Thread