Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 05-04-2016, 08:47 PM
Master
Thumbs up 10 minutes daily Ab work out!

I'm a pretty active person, but when I injured my ankle (took me 3 months to begin to get back to normal) I was grounded and couldn't do all the sporty things and started just accumulating some belly fat.

Since I couldn't go out and be active like a maniac, I tried modifying some exercises that works for me to just use a yoga mat to do at home in a low key non strenuous way.

I find that if I have a set of exercises that I do each day even for as little as 10-20 minutes, and be conscious of what I put into my body, the positive results happen pretty quickly. I can see noticeable difference in about 2 weeks of consistently following the same daily regiment.

Below is a really good Ab work out instructional video that you can do in the comfort of your own home! Please keep in mind that in conjunction with the abs work out, doing some cardio (such as running/swimming), as well as maintaining a healthy balance diet will ensure optimal results!

Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPdpsvOxMoI

[EDIT: Oops, I put this thread in the wrong section. Could a lovely Moderator move this to the exercise section please? Thanks!]

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 05-04-2016, 08:53 PM
Guide

Thanks for sharing...I do Yoga at home, nothing complicated just maybe 30 mins daily def helps. And swimming is awesome - I prefer doing it in summer tho
Running, Im kinda addicted to that (got the running genes I guess)

hello summer body
Old 05-04-2016, 08:56 PM
Master
I need rock hard abs to create artistic symmetry while I dance. Can't let myself go! lol >_<

Old 06-04-2016, 12:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi
I need rock hard abs to create artistic symmetry while I dance. Can't let myself go! lol >_<
Hmm, I spent two years at dance school, even played the beast in a dance version of Beauty and the Beast, and I didn't need rock-hard abs. You sure that's artistically necessary, or is it just you needing to look fab?

I'm kidding really, I am filled with self-appreciative ecstasy at times when I look in the mirror and notice my face looks thinner, now that my slimmer-for-summer diet is kicking in. I shout and go dancing around the room in glee. Ego can be a fun thing too.
Old 06-04-2016, 02:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Hmm, I spent two years at dance school, even played the beast in a dance version of Beauty and the Beast, and I didn't need rock-hard abs. You sure that's artistically necessary, or is it just you needing to look fab?

I'm kidding really, I am filled with self-appreciative ecstasy at times when I look in the mirror and notice my face looks thinner, now that my slimmer-for-summer diet is kicking in. I shout and go dancing around the room in glee. Ego can be a fun thing too.

I think ego and vanity is fun to toy with occasionally but we shouldn't be too attached and take them home to bed. LOL

But for me, I think there is definitely a fine line between healthy self esteem VS vanity/body dysmorphic disorder. I choose to practice the former, but the latter was something I used to struggle with for a long time especially when I grew up and worked in fields where physical beauty was worshiped. When you grow up everyone treating you like a beautiful object you start to think that that's all you are worth. :( That's also a high standard to psychologically try to maintain. I even once attempted to curb my vanity by shaving off my hair... well I only shaved off my hair, the vanity was still there! I think what helped me years later was once again finding that inner Divinity, Goodness, and LOVE within me. That is worth a whole lot more than this temporal vehicle that it resides in. I can honor and cherish this temple, but I don't have to be too attached to it anymore. Thank goodness, that saves me from a lot of suffering.

Baile! What dancing do you do? I dance modern and ballet! I see you were in musical theatre! That's so awesome. Beauty and the Beast IS my all time favorite Disney movie. "For who could ever love a beast?" Such a lovely tale and a happy ending especially when he transforms. I feel like it's such a good parallel to spirituality. =D

That's Sergei Pulonin, one of my inspirations. Check out this dance video/song, it's amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-tW0CkvdDI

Old 06-04-2016, 03:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Baile! What dancing do you do? I dance modern and ballet!
I have a Theater degree, but I focused on modern dance rather than advanced acting. Ended up a theater technician for years. No, I wasn't ever a real dancer, I enjoyed dressing up in my dance belt and leotard with my shirt hitched up around my waist so that my tight butt was visible. 19 females and me as the only male in the class was my main motivation.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:08 PM
Master

Quote:
I have a Theater degree, but I focused on modern dance rather than advanced acting. Ended up a theater technician for years. No, I wasn't ever a real dancer, I enjoyed dressing up in my dance belt and leotard with my shirt hitched up around my waist so that my tight butt was visible. 19 females and me as the only male in the class was my main motivation.

Good stuff!
Old 06-04-2016, 03:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
Good stuff!
I was moved a grade up in 3rd grade, they thought I was smart or something. So for the rest of my school years, I was always the youngest and smallest and most forgettable in my class. Non-existent to my peers really. So when I hit college with all those women looking at ME, oh man did I flaunt it.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:49 PM
Master
Quote:
I was moved a grade up in 3rd grade, they thought I was smart or something. So for the rest of my school years, I was always the youngest and smallest and most forgettable in my class. Non-existent to my peers really. So when I hit college with all those women looking at ME, oh man did I flaunt it.

Nice! I bet you made all the ladies swoon.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Nice! I bet you made all the ladies swoon.
Oh yes, that's me... making women swoon lol. I made my beer-drinking buddies swoon when I went back home the following year during summer break. I was in amazing shape from all that dance. We got a football game going one afternoon, and while they were all exhausted 30 minutes in, I was running circles around everyone the whole game, I was unstoppable. They were more impressed with me than the women in my class were I think.