Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 02-05-2021, 06:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
..,If they do disapprove then we have to consider the possibility a gatekeeper might not want to continue co-operating with their medium. Perhaps that's why some high-profile mediums sometimes appear to have lost their gift?
That's why 'magic' is safer than mediumship.Being an open gate for unknown contacts to flow in?No thanks.
But as you said,most of them have 'guides' protecting them (at a basic level).
On the other hand,and according to what you wrote,a psychick-practitioner is a medium as well,cause they're visible and most likely a contact (or more) will reach for them eventually.
Old 02-05-2021, 07:33 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
That's why 'magic' is safer than mediumship.Being an open gate for unknown contacts to flow in?No thanks.
A competent, experienced medium does not face the situation you describe. Those who aren't may get used. Magic isn't 'real' of course other than as great entertainment.
Quote:
But as you said,most of them have 'guides' protecting them (at a basic level).
I actually referred to 'gatekeepers'...... A gatekeeper will in effect provide protection against most unwanted visitors and should be able to 'prioritise' who can approach the medium. Ideally that would stop the gobby ones dominating the scene but even in the etheric dimension gobby individuals can dominate by force of their character, effectively shutting out other spirits less able or demanding of the medium's attention. Not all gatekeepers have equal ability though, just as with mediums....
Quote:
On the other hand,and according to what you wrote,a psychick-practitioner is a medium as well,cause they're visible and most likely a contact (or more) will reach for them eventually.
A psychic practitioner is not a medium until the service (s)he provides is that of communication or healing for a third person. So-called empaths are not mediums unless they are providing a similar service. Fortune telling, prediction or empathetic counseling - as examples - are not mediumship.
Old 02-05-2021, 08:00 AM
Master
I disagree with everything you wrote dear bobjo****orry,but your analytical mind is to active.(maybe for your own good).
Saying magic is not real,and at the same time speaking about gatekeepers,tells a lot.
Old 02-05-2021, 08:22 AM
Deactivated Account
not my ideas

Quote:
I disagree with everything you wrote dear bobjo****orry,but your analytical mind is to active.(maybe for your own good).
Saying magic is not real,and at the same time speaking about gatekeepers,tells a lot.

It bothers me not one whit that you're not persuaded by the words I wrote Lomax.

But I do have to refute your assertion that my analytical mind is too active. It's active by exactly the right amount! You are naturally free to hold whatever opinion you choose but I always make sure that what I write I can support and defend. Thus far you've not responded to any of the points I made so - to use some of your own words - perhaps that also (quote)"....tells a lot."?

Please remember always that although you're reading my words they're not necessarily my ideas. Often I'm just a scribe in effect, committing to cyber paper what others way more spiritually advanced than I have been telling us.

Its then up to the reader to decide whether (s)he can accept what THEY have taught. peace
Old 02-05-2021, 08:33 AM
Master
Quote:
It bothers me not one whit that you're not persuaded by the words I wrote Lomax.

But I do have to refute your assertion that my analytical mind is too active. It's active by exactly the right amount! You are naturally free to hold whatever opinion you choose but I always make sure that what I write I can support and defend. Thus far you've not responded to any of the points I made so - to use some of your own words - perhaps that also (quote)"....tells a lot."?

Please remember always that although you're reading my words they're not necessarily my ideas. Often I'm just a scribe in effect, committing to cyber paper what others way more spiritually advanced than I have been telling us.

Its then up to the reader to decide whether (s)he can accept what THEY have taught. peace
I never read whole posts,cause i can't concetrate.And that's because my practise impacted my mind.(it happens a lot).
For me things are clear.You don't practise,yet you have opinion.
Studying about Paris,isn't the same as being there.

And by the way,i posted a simple 'magical' practise to reach for beings.Grab a sigil of a demon,open it,and then come here to tell us 'what demon means for you'.
Care to give it a shot?
Old 02-05-2021, 08:51 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I never read whole posts,cause i can't concetrate.And that's because my practise impacted my mind.(it happens a lot).
For me things are clear.You don't practise,yet you have opinion.
Studying about Paris,isn't the same as being there.

I'm sorry to learn you have problems with your mind.

Being unable to read whole postings is not the best of starting points for a discussion. That must be tough for you.

But you don't know who I am or what I practise although none of that is important to what I write.

Similarly I don't know anything about you. All I know is what you write. Points made and not personality are the only things important to me.
Old 02-05-2021, 08:58 AM
Master
Quote:
I'm sorry to learn you have problems with your mind.

Being unable to read whole postings is not the best of starting points for a discussion. That must be tough for you.

But you don't know who I am or what I practise although none of that is important to what I write.

Similarly I don't know anything about you. All I know is what you write. Points made and not personality are the only things important to me.
Yes,It takes a lot of energy.

Yes,but at least i share some of my experiences with others,Do you?
So far you presented opinions (which is fine),but it gets boring.
Why don't you open a thread and share with us your experiences with mediumship?
Also,are you a medium?
Old 02-05-2021, 09:01 AM
Administrator
I happen to agree with what Bobjob has said being a medium myself. we all have different opinions please respect that.
and keep this thread polite.

Namaste
Old 02-05-2021, 09:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I happen to agree with what Bobjob has said being a medium myself. we all have different opinions please respect that.
and keep this thread polite.
And because you agree with bobjob,i have to agree as well?I asked some questions which are not insulting at all.
If he's a medium,and why he doesn't share his experiences with us.
Others might have the same questions as well.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:31 AM
Administrator
No one has to agree with what i have said,that choice is yours to make,Bobjob has never once said that he is a medium.
he has his own opinions just as all of do as well.

Namaste