Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 17-08-2021, 01:14 PM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
It takes practice to place the needle back into the groove.
Please leave this reply. Technical issue.
Old 17-08-2021, 01:44 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viswa
Do their teachings have to go in vain (Just intellectual) or change/bring some revolution within me?
I suppose it depends on the amount of effort invested in the teachings and practices. I'd also say Realization or Awakening is a continuum, however there can be moments when it's like a light switch being flipped on, even if but for a moment. I wouldn't say it's a revolution within because It's there right now although mostly unrealized. "What is not seen is the seeing itself".

For me there was a period of several weeks where it was front-and-center and unambiguously so. It was like the waking equivalent of a lucid dream. Not so much now however It left an indelible mark and to the point Its reverberations are still present and somewhat accessible if I pay attention.

If that's all that it ever is for me it's more than enough and the single most significant event of this life and by many orders of magnitude. It's the most precious gift of all.
Old 17-08-2021, 01:46 PM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
For me there was a period of several weeks where it was front-and-center and unambiguously so. It was like the waking equivalent of a lucid dream. Not so much now however It left an indelible mark and to the point Its reverberations are still present and somewhat accessible if I pay attention.
Great. Happy to hear.

So sir, why don't you pay attention to it 24/7, 365 days? Why don't you remain with that 'presence' of vibrations but move away?
Old 17-08-2021, 02:24 PM
Master
Quote:
First - what do you mean by Non-physical Universe?
Non-physical universe means the universe that we do not see or that we see as empty unoccupied space, therefore is non-physical.

Quote:
Sir, what's the purpose of Creation of this Physical Universe, if there is a non-physical Universe?
You will only ask that question if you see the physical universe as separate from the non-physical universe, And/or you separate the material from the immatarial. Brahman/cosmos is both the physical/material and the non-physical/immaterial as one, thinking or believing anything else is and creates maya/ignorance/disorder/chaos.

Quote:
Why this physical world is created or formed, expands, contracts,destroys - if there is a non-physical universe?
As I said before, the non-physical universe is "part" of the physical universe that we do not see or that we see as empty unoccupied space.

Quote:
So, you say that "Only Imbalanced Thoughts" is Maya.
If I say, Thoughts itself an Ignorance/Maya - what's your response then sir?
Not all thoughts come from ignorance. Imbalanced thoughts are thoughts that are not aligned with brahman/cosmos/order. Balanced thoughts come from brahman/cosmos/order while one pays attention to or is conscious of all that is inside and outside oneself without judging, analyzing evaluating etc . Imbalanced thoughts come from false self or "the me" or the so called "ego".

Quote:
If I say, the Living Beings and Maya goes hand-in-hand - and we cannot say which came first (The whole world the born baby see is itself a Maya and only bcz of it's birth - it sees the Maya), what's your reply?
Yes, living human beings and Maya goes hand-in-hand the way things are currently, however that does not mean living human beings and Maya should go hand-in-hand forever. Why should it?

The physical universe is not the cause of Maya/ignorance directly, other than the survival instincts we human beings have, we are able to get past them. Our societies, education, knowledge and the lack of perfect knowledge also create Maya/ignorance.

Quote:
I feel that, only bcz of our "DESIRES" (Some may call "PLAY or LILA") - we are born and entangled to this pleasures,sufferings (a loop). Not, after birth, I get caught in dis-order. The world one perceives at the time of birth/creation (i.e. even when the first organism or an Ape or first Human) itself a 'MAYA'. What is your view?
Human beings deep survival instincts along with society, programs/conditions human beings.Human beings deep survival instincts and society programs/conditions human beings like a programmed robot or machine. This programming/conditioning is maya and creates ignorance, disorder and chaos.
Old 17-08-2021, 02:45 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
So sir, why don't you pay attention to it 24/7, 365 days? Why don't you remain with that 'presence' of vibrations but move away?
The difference being during those several weeks I didn't have to pay attention. It could be no other way. For all intent and purpose "I" was That, at least from a perception of Omnipresence. I was everywhere and everything though I was no thing. I wasn't moving through the universe, the universe was moving through Me. I was that "limitless, empty space, always and everywhere at rest".

As much as I'd like I simply cannot summon up that state of being at will, though now the Self-revealing nature of That seeing is very evident even if "only" in a much more subtle way.

Concerning paying attention 24x7x365... Easier said than done. Still, it's available and especially helpful when needed.

Another thing to keep in mind is being desirous or in pursuit of that state of being is in itself Dukkha or action leading to Karma. It seems to be a fine line to walk and walk the walk for the sake of walking and not for any imagined destination.
Old 17-08-2021, 02:53 PM
Cat

Quote:
The difference being during those several weeks I didn't have to pay attention.
Hahaha, I know right? Those were the days!!! And they come again at any moment---
like a rain in a desert~!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-08-2021, 03:02 PM
Viswa

Quote:
The difference being during those several weeks I didn't have to pay attention. It could be no other way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
You will only ask that question if you see the physical universe as separate from the non-physical universe, And/or you separate the material from the immatarial.
Great.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 17-08-2021, 03:32 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hahaha, I know right? Those were the days!!! And they come again at any moment---
like a rain in a desert~!

It's out of this world. LOL! To be more accurate it's out of this reality.

Just like dreaming is a different reality than waking and lucid dreaming is a different reality than dreaming one can say something like lucid waking is a different reality than waking. It's a Consciousness far above and beyond what's normally perceived as waking consciousness. What we perceive as waking consciousness is a blurry reflection.

It's like looking at a full Moon in the night sky and thinking you know the brilliance of light, until you look into the Sun at noon.
Old 17-08-2021, 03:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Great. Happy to hear.

Paying attention (with a clear and still mind) while one "stays" with the truth of what is order and what creates Maya/ignorance/disorder is not easy when one's mind is busy/preoccupied with abstract concepts, metaphors, analogies, ideas etc for what is unknown/hidden to him/her.
Old 18-08-2021, 01:20 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
What is not seen is the seeing itself, a limitless, empty space, always and everywhere at rest.
From an Advaita perspective that is Self AKA Atman or Brahman or SatChitAnanda. It is That 'space" of and within which the Divine Play of Consciousness or Maya dances its dance.