Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 10-07-2021, 04:41 AM
Knower

ENLIGHTENED LIVING

Enlightened Living

Who is “Enlightened” ???

Whom should you call Enlightened ???

What criteria should apply ???

My experience with the life stories of enlightened sages, personal interactions with living sages has given following understanding

1. Anyone who is totally comfortable with himself and with the “Other” …… End of Dualism
2. Anyone who is totally comfortable with himself and with the “Rest of the World” …… End of Duality….
Such a person who does not experience any separation with the “Other” or with the “Rest of the World” would qualify to be called as “Enlightened”

How does such a person Live ?......
How does such a person Act ?....
How does such a person React ?….

Sages have claimed that for such a person “Karma” ceases.

How ?........ Because

Such a person performs only “What is needed” in any situation, be it with regards to “Others” or be it in respect of the “Rest of the World”……. Nothing more … nothing less. Hence, no positive or negative “Karma” accumulates..

Now the million dollar question is “How such a person knows, what is needed in any situation ?"

Well ! The answer is … “Such a person does not KNOW”…

Whatever needed to be done in any situation, just happens…

That is Enlightened Living….

Namaskar
Old 10-07-2021, 05:40 AM
Master

end of duality

Just i would like to know why 'end of duality/dualism' is required .
If we end duality , we can not differentiate what needs to be differentiated . e.g . In my office i have many colleagues , juniors /seniors / male/female of different age/religion etc .If i see God in all and all are same to me and do not differentiate them , my behavior could become weird . So non-duality in me would understand the duality , understand its characteristics and work in a manner (but differently in many cases ) that spirit in all those dual manifestations become happy.

So according to me non-duality people need to be very much experts of duality also else one-sided emphasis of non-duality will be counter-productive , weird and a joking exercise .
Old 10-07-2021, 05:44 AM
Master

tests of enlightenment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uday_Advaita
1. Anyone who is totally comfortable with himself and with the “Other” …… End of Dualism
2. Anyone who is totally comfortable with himself and with the “Rest of the World” …… End of Duality….
Need to have more elaborate tests on this as any tom **** and harry like me can say i meet all these conditions and i am very much non-dual. It's not as easy as that.
Old 10-07-2021, 10:18 AM
Daily, moment to moment, aware living, Practicing the Presence? (I don't use enlightened, sorry.)
It helps me to be focused all around me on God's Shapeshifting to appear as my dog,
the stranger, the tree, the ceiling.
Sorry, I can't ans the who is and what criteria or how does such and such or karma and not my concern.
But this is my 2 cents.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-07-2021, 10:20 AM
Newbie ;)

ref to the orig post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uday_Advaita
Enlightened Living
Who is “Enlightened” ???
Whom should you call Enlightened ???
What criteria should apply ???
Enlightenment is not very realistic I think. It is chasing rainbows for the sake of wanting to be enlightened. Life will disappoint you, people will hurt you.. You can't stay neutral when that happens. Enlightenment as a goal is counterproductive. You will spend your life chasing it and forgetting what is right in front of you. We don't need to seek out in order to become something.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 10-07-2021 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 10-07-2021, 10:32 AM
Legrand

Their is no way to know if another is enlighten or not.
Old 10-07-2021, 03:59 PM
Knower

ref Post 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Just i would like to know why 'end of duality/dualism' is required .
If we end duality , we can not differentiate what needs to be differentiated . e.g . In my office i have many colleagues , juniors /seniors / male/female of different age/religion etc .

Me and the Other - dualism
Me and the rest of the world - duality
Both Dualism and Duality exist only in the Mind - The thinking Mind
For a sage - The "Thinking Mind" ceases
Only the working mind is functional
A sage is always in a "No Mind" state
Enlightened Living means
Love = Equanimity - no separation
Compassion = Empathy for everything Animate or inanimate
Humility = Completely impersonal actions
A sage therefore functioning in duality is completely Non-dual, is one with everything around.
Let me ask you one question.
Have you ever felt compassionate towards a -Rock - A rock that bears sun, cold, wind and rain relentlessly.
A sage doesn't differentiate...
Is it not weird?
Namaskar

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 10-07-2021 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 10-07-2021, 04:02 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Their is no way to know if another is enlighten or not.
When you will come in the presence of a sage, you will always know.
Namaskar
Old 10-07-2021, 04:05 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkish
Enlightement is not very realistic I think. It is chasing rainbows for the sake of wanting to be enlightened. Life will disappoint you, people will hurt you.. You can't stay neutral when that happens. Enlightenment as a goal is counterpreductive. You will spend your life chasing it and forgetting what is right in front of you. We don't need to seek out in order to become something.

You are absolutely right. Chasing enlightenment is counterproductive
Enlightenment happens (if it is destined) It cannot be achieved or attained.
Namaskar
Old 10-07-2021, 07:24 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Technically speaking Realization is the project because at the deepest core we're all Enlightened. It's not a matter of chasing or attaining Enlightenment but simply Realizing what we already are.

And yes, the project is worth pursuing because as rare as it might be to fully Realize it's not so rare to have small glimpses or Awakenings and they are life-changing events.