Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 31-07-2020, 02:35 AM
traceyacey12

why do psychic abilities exist?

why do psychic abilities exist? Is it part of an evolutionary process? Why does it come about?
Old 31-07-2020, 08:18 AM
hazada guess

From what I've learned from Spirituality,it depends on which plane you are on.I've learnt that when you reach the fourth plane,you develop psychic abilities.
It may be a load of hogwash,but that is what believe.
Old 31-07-2020, 08:21 AM
Master
It’s just an aspect of the many abilities people have. Some use it to benefit others, some use it to support their own guidance.

What I’ve learned in my own process is that once you understand yourself through any ability and not be attached to them, they reside in you and arise as the path might need.

For thousands of years we’ve known of seers, prophetic visionaries and more supporting life in some way.

I call mine intuition, when it’s integrated it’s just there as it’s needed.

Some like to focus there, stay in that stream, it’s just choice, path and focus..
Old 31-07-2020, 08:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
why do psychic abilities exist? Is it part of an evolutionary process? Why does it come about?
I guess so. But many of the claims for "psychic abilities" are baseless.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 31-07-2020, 08:47 PM
Master

Quote:

Just as we have physical senses to interact with the physical world, so we also have psychic senses - clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience.

We also have to distinguish between higher psychism and lower psychism. Higher psychism develops naturally through spiritual practice, and is an expression of spiritual intuition. Lower psychism relates more to our animal nature. For most of us, we have left behind our lower psychic senses but our higher psychic senses are dormant and undeveloped.

Having psychic abilities of the lower nature is not actually a good thing. It may be due to (for example) a weakened connection between the astral body and the physical. So someone may be open to all sorts of energies with little control over their influence. Over the years this may result in various physical problems.

Presumably as humanity evolves we will all become naturally more psychic, but this should be of the higher psychism. It would be a very different world.

Peace
Old 01-08-2020, 01:55 AM
traceyacey12

thanks everyone for your replies :)
Old 02-08-2020, 11:54 AM
Seeker
I think just as anything it exists out of survival skill. When your normal senses aren't enough to "protect" yourself a form of six sense is created.

Evolution and development only starts/grows when it's stimulated (stressed).
For me it's a form of evolution (mindevolution). Our body is good to go and functions on this planet so the next that needs to evolve is the brain (mind). Considering we only use 10% of our capacity of the brain it makes perfectly sense that this next will evolve.

So I think new parts of the brain are sparked and stimulated but people can't realy access the capability because this is new territory.
New senses awake and new form of understanding. When more and more people have abnormal abilities it becomes normal and it will develop further.

Like JustBe sais it's their when you need it.

I am a firm believer everybody has psychic abilities.
But like JustBe sais some will use it to benefit others and some use it for their own guidance.

I personally use it for my own guidance and use my developed intuition to help me at work. It helps me sensing if situations get out of control or if people need some extra attention to feel better.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:17 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMeKarin
I think just as anything it exists out of survival skill. When your normal senses aren't enough to "protect" yourself a form of six sense is created.

That's how I think about it too - nice that someone else also thinks of it in this way :)
Old 04-08-2020, 08:37 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
It's doubtful if we'll ever find out where they come from, and it's going to be a long time before science accepts them no doubt. They probably came from the time when we were prey animals to lions and tigers and bears, oh my, when our physical faculties were very inadequate and could hardly sense on-coming predators. I'd guess they were evolutionary. People have been using them for years and they're more common than most would realise. If you suddenly get a feeling that you need to phone someone and they phone you, that's a psychic ability.

Psychic abilities are also known as a 'sixth sense' and often people have a sense beyond the physical, often they sense something that can't be seen or heard but they know it's there anyway. Like thinking that the person's smile is hiding something or the car salesman is selling you a lemon. If you think in terms of radio wavebands by way of illustration, the five senses are on one waveband and psychic abilities are in the same waveband as intuition and Gnosis. Really they are ways in which we perceive reality at different levels of perception.

Evolution-ways people are turning from their instincts/abilities because survival skills aren't needed so much nowadays, potential threats have been very much lessened because we don't have to worry so much the next person we meet is going to draw a sword or not, and we rely more on laws when we buy that lemon from the car salesman. People don't 'read' others the same because the expectations are that they'll conform to the rules of society, until they find out that the person they live with isn't the person they met.