Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 24-11-2019, 06:26 PM
Knower

Beer

Re: beer-drinking in moderation...

As much as I enjoy its taste, I’ve often refrained from imbibing this delectable libation. At times it has taken self-control on my part not to partake of the brewsky. I drink enough water, juice, espresso, soda, java, cuppa, and vino as it is that sometimes I want a change. In these moments, as much as I’d like to rehydrate via the suds, that’s when my gizzard takes to protesting: Abstain from that evil brew! it exclaims. It’s hell on your six-pack!

My abdominal conscience has a point. At least in my own case. I wonder if it is the same for others? Why is it that some guys can drink beer and it never gives them wattles or a paunch? Me, whenever I would drink one or two a week I found it made me feel bloated and I would start looking a wee puffy. So I would give it up, only to every now and again crave a cold one, especially in the summer months.

Whereas for others, if not the majority of moderate beer drinkers, the beverage seems to have no ill effect on their washboard abs or waistlines. This, I think is highly unfair.

Wish I could drink it, but let’s just say I can’t stomach the stuff and prefer instead to keep my rather flattish belly. There’s nothing more unsightly in a man than a pot. I often wonder how it is that men who have these protuberances manage to show themselves in public without feeling any shame or embarrassment in their letting it all hang out. They’ve got guts for being able to do so.

Friends who are into nutrition explain to me that a glass of wine has the same amount of calories as does a bottle of beer. This may be true, but the merlot doesn’t give a person a wine belly.

The mystery remains.
Old 24-11-2019, 07:26 PM
Suspended
Hi FoundGoat,

You forgot to include in your post the ladies who drink beer, have a belly and letting the beer belly loose without having no problems as opposed to the ladies who don't and also have a 6 pack.
Old 29-11-2019, 02:10 PM
Knower

Absent of a sapient in which to direct this somewhat paradoxical query of mine: re: a particular physiological effect that beer has on some men while not on others – and failing to receive any informative feedback as a thread-starter into that peculiar if not pathetic practice of attempting to interact with fellow members of a message board comprised of hundreds of users – I took to conducting a brief and informal survey of sorts with useful family and friends, so as to get their opinion on the matter. Each man and woman that was surveyed was most responsive and was neither a mindless mute nor had donned a milk moustache.

Additionally, the few women that were surveyed were discerning enough to understand that – despite there obviously being members of their gender into beer consumption, and regardless that sudsy and skimpily attired women often appear in beer commercials – the primary curiosity of this beer-related posing specifically concerns the comparative effects of the beverage on other beer-drinking men; specifically, the mystery of why some guys gain beer bellies while others do not. That no oversight was committed, these women had the mental ability to grasp.

Here were the results:

-- One of the respondents was of the opinion that the matter likely had to do with a difference in metabolism.

-- Another opined that in the case of moderate beer-drinkers who never gained weight from their imbibing the brew, that perhaps they are such tiny eaters that in the end it all balances out; that there is never any excess of calories being ingested.

-- One respondent mused as to whether some fellas consume the ale or the lager in much the same way that a bulimic takes in food.

-- Another thought that maybe it had something to do with the alcohol content. Would non-alcoholic beer give a man a gut, she wondered? She added that, as far as she knew, light beer was less fattening than dark beer.

-- Still, another respondent thought it might have something to do with whether the beer-drinker led a physically active life or not; that exercise or lack of it likely played a key factor in this mystery. He added that from what he understood, a beer gut was very hard to get rid of, compared to other forms of fatty bulges.

-- Finally, one of the women surveyed concurred with this, and added that why she felt a protruding gut of any kind looks so bad on men is because, unlike women, they can never use the excuse that they’re pregnant ... and that it is probably easier for a mother to lose a maternal tummy via the aid of special wastebands, liposuction, or other forms of tummy tucks, than it is for a man to lose those beery monstrosities.

If nothing else, what I gleaned from this survey was that, at least for some people, the topic of beer remains an enjoyable and easily conversational one, and that beer remains a very popular drink in at least one corner of the world.
Old 29-11-2019, 02:47 PM
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Found Goat
Friends who are into nutrition explain to me that a glass of wine has the same amount of calories as does a bottle of beer.
This may be true, but the merlot doesn’t give a person a wine belly.
A friend I knew for over 2 decades always was a big guy - very
into every mountain sport, didn't smoke to describe him a bit.
One evening at our bar where a bunch of us met every Thur---he had
his shirt tucked IN!
What?
I inquired and praised his new look---he switched to wine from beer.
Still amazes me. Carbs.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-12-2019, 11:00 PM
Master
yep
seretn bearss i luv
but setin 1s im lk yuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
i luv hinkin i do
pr kronbergg

or stella
bit
i cnt standd skoool bear its yuckkkkkkkkkkk

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 26-01-2020, 03:47 AM
janielee

I always thought it was the sugar content.
Old 26-01-2020, 06:54 AM
Master
I switched from beer to wine because of the carbs. The red wine I drink has only 2 carbs per serving compared to my favorite beer , Numb Numb Juice Hazy IPA, has 24 carbs.
So beer is something I have on special occasions now.
Old 27-01-2020, 01:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalli
I switched from beer to wine because of the carbs. The red wine I drink has only 2 carbs per serving compared to my favorite beer , Numb Numb Juice Hazy IPA, has 24 carbs.
So beer is something I have on special occasions now.
Yes! Beer is very heavy in carbs. Also yeast. The yeast can make a person bloated.