Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 23-01-2024, 06:51 AM
Experiencer
Angel1 Forgive Me as I Forgive Others !!!

Have been doing Our Father prayer since all my life. In my native language it is called like that, though I see online in different countries it has names such as 'The Lord's Prayer' and variations of it, although in essence is the same.

And forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us. And don’t let us yield to temptation. Luke 11:4

For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
Matthew 6:14-15

What is written above is for reference, for what I want to share below.

One night I was doing this prayer, and I focus on the words, their meaning and to be there with them and not have my mind gone thinking to what I will do tomorrow etc while praying robotically. And so, while I was praying I said "And forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us" (in my language) and when I said "as we forgive those who sin against us" .. it clicked! "AS WE" !!

Then, I began to seriously reflect on my life, not just in that moment, but over the following weeks. I thought back to all the interactions I've had with people. It turns out that even when I wasn't consciously admitting to holding a grudge against someone, I wasn't forgiving them. Similarly, while denying that I hadn't forgiven someone, I was still harboring resentment. So, I started each day by acknowledging this, asking for forgiveness, sending love, and expressing gratitude for each 'case'. This practice started healing me in a way nothing else had. If the Kingdom of God is within me, and I was holding all these feelings inside, then God can also release them. After forgiving everyone, it seems I automatically forgave myself as well, which was something I didn't realize I needed. We all do, to keep our hearts as light as a feather.
Old 23-01-2024, 01:19 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles
After forgiving everyone, it seems I automatically forgave myself as well, which was something I didn't realize I needed. We all do, to keep our hearts as light as a feather.

Bubbles,

Wonderful to hear that……it is something that will continue to bless you for the rest of your life. Pay no attention to those who will say that their lack of forgiveness is justified. Hearing this reminded me of my parents. I have often said that I never heard them criticize or say a bad word about anyone…..and then reading your post brought to mind that on the nights that I was still awake I could hear them saying the Lord’s Prayer…….
Old 23-01-2024, 01:30 PM
Molearner

Acts of forgiveness are acts of love and represent a surrender of the ego….pure and simple……:)
Old 23-01-2024, 03:34 PM
Bubbles! That was SO well said! So well written...and in English, no less.
I love when something ''clicks''!!!!
Forgiveness threads are always welcomed!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-01-2024, 04:11 PM
Master
"Thus am I, a feather on the breath of God.
May I live each day with a light heart responding only to God’s breath"
Hildegard Von Bingen....
Old 27-01-2024, 01:29 AM
Newbie ;)

That was beautiful. Thank you for sharing. This world needs more forgiveness.
Old 27-01-2024, 06:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasha
That was beautiful. Thank you for sharing. This world needs more forgiveness.

Your welcome . You may enjoy Her Music, it's very unique. Imo.
Old 01-02-2024, 09:35 AM
chongjasmine

I find it easy to forgive people, as I tend not to be easily angered.
Old 01-02-2024, 01:39 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chongjasmine
I find it easy to forgive people, as I tend not to be easily angered.
A very good quality - you probably don't take things personally.
That's very important.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-02-2024, 03:50 PM
Master

Yep I find it easy to forgive also. I just shrug my shoulders and say “whatever”. Can’t see the point in contaminating your days regurgitating painful memories tbh