Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 02-02-2024, 06:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
All good Christians excited about scientific proof ?………..:)

Oh yes, very excited. Theology and Science dialogues are interesting
"When faith and Science work together, people come closer to truth."
Pope Francis....

That talking snake in Genesis use to terrify me, lol..
Old 02-02-2024, 08:43 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
That talking snake in Genesis use to terrify me, lol..

I wonder if the snake could have been a metaphor for thought. The talking in your head! A "snake" slippery tricky talking...yea I vote it's our thoughts.

Genesis 3
"Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, `You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"

Thought is more crafty than wild animals.

"The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden,

Jesus maybe was dealing with his own thoughts in Matthew. But thought was called the devil instead of the snake... same thing?

Matthew 4

4 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

Maybe both are just metaphors for the own talking in our own heads.

"Silence, a stilling of not only the voices outside but the inner voices, the roof brain chatter. Now, without the babble or words – inner and outer – I watch my mind, notice when a thought arises. I turn my attention inward, asking, "Who is thinking this thought?" K Snow.

Who is thinking this thought is still a awareness focusing on the roof brain chatter...! The way out cannot be dependent on ideas. Any ideas.
Old 02-02-2024, 05:32 PM
Master

thoughts are a problem yes, but, I think there are also different kinds of thoughts. For example 'prideful' thoughts, or 'slothful' thoughts. Or snake-like thoughts. The latter seems to me like that whole psychology thing... what is it once you get used to an idea you start in on the reverse psychology and say maybe its opposite is even better.... then you go to reverse reverse psychology and go back to the original... and you can go down that rabbit hole simply as far as you want, thoughts twisting and turning like a snake's body.

when satan said what he said to the woman, it just seemed to me the first twist of a snake's body, instead of taking it at face value she was given 'how do you know that god is telling you the truth? Maybe he is lieing to keep something interesting away from you?'

(the buddhists or hindus or someone also had that thing about 'monkey mind' which many can relate to today I think )
Old 02-02-2024, 05:52 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
. The latter seems to me like that whole psychology thing... what is it once you get used to an idea you start in on the reverse psychology and say maybe its opposite is even better.... then you go to reverse reverse psychology and go back to the original... :)

Falling Leaves,

Very good….all salient observations. I don’t mind opposite viewpoints. It is easy to say something completely opposite…..but this is often presented with no logical reasoning to support such positions. It simply invites doubt. Makes it difficult to follow a path to its conclusion…..these philosophies remain the paths that have been left untried……
Old 02-02-2024, 06:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves

(the buddhists or hindus or someone also had that thing about 'monkey mind' which many can relate to today I think )

Oh yes I can relate I don't mind the jumping around it's the chattering that annoys me.
Old 02-02-2024, 06:08 PM
Master
[ Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
The latter seems to me like that whole psychology thing... what is it once you get used to an idea you start in on the reverse psychology and say maybe its opposite is even better.... then you go to reverse reverse psychology and go back to the original]

Choices, choices. I'm like that when I open a new box of Chocolates
Old 02-02-2024, 06:49 PM
Master
Do you actually believe 2k year persevation?

Do we have problems with writings from Aristotle, Plato, Josephesus, etc.?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 02-02-2024, 08:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
[color="Indigo"][b]Do you actually...
... Plato, Josephesus, etc.?
I was watching the history channel and it boggles my mind, when they digg out very old wood and metallic artifacts, they know the exact purpose of the items, how they were made, what purpose they served, and the average date of the items, just by looking at it. And they show how they know. its approximately from the year 1750.

Some people have even theoratically pieced puzzles that indicate a high degree of possibility that first chinese inhabbitants were christians. When I watched this video, it blew away my mind. The proof is either mindboggling coincidence or simply undeniable proof.
https://youtu.be/DA-AkJzpKmg?si=07oI7Xd7LdrsgJz0
Old 02-02-2024, 08:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Falling Leaves,

It is easy to say something completely opposite…..but this is often presented with no logical reasoning to support such positions. It simply invites doubt.

yeah i have two problems here, first is my own ongoing thing where if I don't watch myself i find myself disagreeing arbitrarily... well in my own defense it is much much better than it was lol

second problem for me is, shared logic only works if there is a shared platform to build on... by choosing to disagree as to what the fundamental axioms to life actually are I'm unable to present a logical case for anything i think, because without the support of appropriate axioms logic is meaningless. But what I might say based on my own perspective is unsupportable by the axioms accepted in the societal norm... and meanwhile noone is going to accept the axioms I accept until they have been 'proven' by previous logic based on the already-known axioms lol...
Old 02-02-2024, 10:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Choices, choices. I'm like that when I open a new box of Chocolates

life is like a box of chocolates