Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 01-11-2020, 05:44 AM
Munesh Sanja

Transcendental Meditation

Does anybody know something more about TM Transcendental Meditation?
Old 04-11-2020, 05:12 PM
Knower
Hi Munesh, I learned TM a long time ago (in the 1980s) and practised for a few years before moving on to Buddhist meditation, so I'm not up to date but I haven't heard that TM has changed very much. Do you have any particular questions or just wanting general information? What I learned was a mantra meditation, I was given one mantra to use, for which I paid a one-off sum. After that I was pretty much left to my own devices, apart from I could have checks with a teacher (free) but wasn't pressured to get involved any further, although I know there is more advanced stages which I didn't get to.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:50 PM
These 2 old buddies talking for 2 hours certainly do!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ028Fl-etw

I like to recommend 'Buddha at the Gas Pump' interviews with
spiritually minded people from all over...about 700 interviews available.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-11-2020, 05:08 AM
Master
Thanks for the link Miss H! Have you read Craig Pearson’s book as well?
Old 06-11-2020, 10:08 AM
Munesh Sanja

Dear snowyowl I don't have any particular question. Actually I am too doing Transcendental Meditation from last 18 months so just for information I was asking.
Old 06-11-2020, 10:21 AM
Munesh Sanja

Thank You dear Miss Hepburn for this link.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:19 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
These 2 old buddies talking for 2 hours certainly do!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ028Fl-etw

I like to recommend 'Buddha at the Gas Pump' interviews with
spiritually minded people from all over...about 700 interviews available.

I too highly recommend Buddha at the Gas Pump!

Here's a video on the practical implications of TM presented by theoretical physicist and TM teacher Dr. John Hagelin. As an aside he also ran for President of the U.S. in 1992 and 1996 on the Natural Law Party ticket. Interesting guy to say the least and many acknowledge him as brilliant if not controversial.

The only criticism I might have of Dr. Hagelin is he's a bit of a TM proselytizer, and as far as I understand it isn't better or worse than any other meditative technique. Beyond that I am also critical of the fact TM is a sold product, so to speak. One has to pay a substantial fee to be taught the technique which includes one's "special" mantra. That just doesn't feel right to me, though I don't doubt the benefits of the practice.

https://youtu.be/TfIqvZLIZz8

A Scientific Introduction to Transcendental Meditation by Dr John Hagelin

Hello, I'm John Hagelin, quantum physicist and teacher of the Transcendental Meditation program. Welcome to this introductory lecture on Transcendental Meditation.

What is Transcendental Meditation? Is it a way to relax? Is it a technique to promote health, vitality, and longevity? Is it a means to develop creativity, IQ, and peak mental performance? Or is it a past to inner peace? Enlightenment? As we will see it is all these things and more.

To understand Transcendental Meditation and consciousness we need to understand a little bit about the physical universe. Modern science, over the past 50 years, has probed deeper levels of physical reality. Modern science has explored more fundamental levels of natures functioning. From the superficial level of macroscopic physics, the sensory objects around us, to the world of the molecule, atom, nucleus and sub-nuclear levels of natures functioning as shown in this chart.

This chart reveals the hierarchical structure of the laws of nature. From superficial diversity to fundamental unity shown at the foundation of this chart. As modern physics probes deeper levels of natures functioning it is revealed that more fundamental levels of nature are progressively more unified. the 4 forces of nature deep within the atomic nucleus become 3, and 2, and ultimately 1 unified field of all the laws of nature.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:31 AM
Master
I too dont like the commercialized way of TM, I can give you mantras and explain how to meditate, if it helps save you money. But if you are happy with the method and it is helping, then that`s fine too.,
Old 06-11-2020, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Thanks for the link Miss H! Have you read Craig Pearson’s book as well?
Hi, I did buy it - Have I read the stack of books I want to read yet?
No!
But, I am not a total failure...I'm doing my Total Gym, (the Chuck Norris' one from TV) everyday!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-11-2020, 12:07 PM
Munesh Sanja

Thanks to all of you people for your valuable guidance