Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 16-07-2017, 03:44 AM
Newbie ;)

Being a Christian vs. being a catholic?

What is the difference between Christianity and Catholicism? What beliefs separate a person if they are a Christian or a catholic?
Old 16-07-2017, 04:21 AM
Suspended
Guide

Well Catholics consider themselves Christians.
But then Catholics have ceremonies and rituals and beliefs which other
Christian groups don't have. All the Christian religions have some different beliefs. Baptists, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons and on and on.
Old 16-07-2017, 01:16 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualNovice
What is the difference between Christianity and Catholicism? What beliefs separate a person if they are a Christian or a catholic?

If you put your trust in Jesus and Him alone to be your Saviour, then you will be saved.
If you put it in a church, or in rituals or seremonies, or in your own good deeds or anything else for salvation you are just busy with dead religion.

Go study the entire book of Galatians.

Study the Scriptures to see who Jesus really was so you can know Him in truth and ask Holy Spirit to help you to make Him known to you.
Old 16-07-2017, 01:53 PM
Master
Christianity has many variations and shades like the 50 shades of grey. Catholicism is part of christianity.
Old 16-07-2017, 02:03 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualNovice
The difference is in the pick and choose what commandments they want to add to their doctrine that the NT came to do away with. Sounds ironic I know.
It comes down to the translations and interpretations and what ever bible or bibles one chooses. Not all bibles that are claimed to be inspired by God and written by man are exactly the same. Strange I know.
As for rituals I'd say there'd be a diverse range in the Christian category that are not written in the Torah or the so called NT and I think Catholicism has a bunch of those too. Take Easter for instance in the Hebrew tongue it is Ashtoreth and its the equivaLENT to the Babylonian Ishtar. Not sure about you but in my country it is made Law to have no shops open on Easter so when you say Catholicism you also have to add the influence it has on the ones that make the Law. At least in my country. So there'd be many rituals to add in that respect and that's even though we are run by the Queen of England and she is a Protestant I believe so this is where Protestantism and Catholicism are intertwined. Just quietly my old school two finger salute goes out to the Royal family with a smile. I'll comment when I get a chance
Old 16-07-2017, 03:43 PM
Master
Because there are so many denominations to Protestantism, in some ways and aspects they contradict themselves, regarding salvation and works.

Catholicism however maintains the aspect of blanket Salvation, for all... who hear, recieve and subscribe to Christ, and His atoning work at Calvery.

But, because humanity is a fallen and imperfect situation, there are problematic aspects in both.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 29-07-2017, 01:56 AM
Deactivated Account
TRUE 3

The catholic religion is not christian because they are IDOL worshippers.
Real christians worship god not a image made of wood or other material.
Christmas is a pagan holiday no one knows the day of his birth & it is not in the bible.
Old 29-07-2017, 03:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH
The difference is in the pick and choose what commandments they want to add to their doctrine that the NT came to do away with. Sounds ironic I know.
It comes down to the translations and interpretations and what ever bible or bibles one chooses. Not all bibles that are claimed to be inspired by God and written by man are exactly the same. Strange I know.
As for rituals I'd say there'd be a diverse range in the Christian category that are not written in the Torah or the so called NT and I think Catholicism has a bunch of those too. Take Easter for instance in the Hebrew tongue it is Ashtoreth and its the equivaLENT to the Babylonian Ishtar. Not sure about you but in my country it is made Law to have no shops open on Easter so when you say Catholicism you also have to add the influence it has on the ones that make the Law. At least in my country. So there'd be many rituals to add in that respect and that's even though we are run by the Queen of England and she is a Protestant I believe so this is where Protestantism and Catholicism are intertwined. Just quietly my old school two finger salute goes out to the Royal family with a smile. I'll comment when I get a chance

Hello.

I have never read of anything related to Easter and Ashtoreth. Interested in where you have found this information? Please note, I intend no offense. I ask because I am interested in learning. Thank you.

My grandmother was Catholic. Her daughters were raised to be that way also in a way.

Recently I have begun to give the demonitions of Christianity more of a chance than I had previously.

Christians worship God, Catholics also worship God, but in different ways. The two religions differ in ritual, certain beliefs, also as stated yes different bibles.

As far as it goes however, they both worship the same God. Catholics do not worship idols. Not all of them. What are seen as idols are simply the differences in the religions which both have faith that a God exists, and both Christianity and Catholicism have a place in their religions for Christ.

Neither one is better.

Native Americans worship the very same God Christians and Catholics do. Their rituals are different, and their ceremonies, also their traditions.

It is the very same God. What makes beliefs and religions different are the different ways in which they worship the very same God. When Christians say their God is the only and one God they are in a sense right. A Native American could very well say their God is the one and only and be right.

It is the same force. To me it is.

When I think of rituals, ceremonies, and traditions, all it means to me is ways in which we all worship the same God, but things many humans perverse to merely continue arguing with each other.

Personally I put my own faith in Catholicism. If others wish to put their faith in another religion it doesn't bother me and why should it?

I am a Catholic who uses a King James bible. It is the only one I currently have.

As for the difference? It is in the rituals and ceremonies. The similarity is that neither religion sits around and worships the ceremonies. Or at least, ideally.

Just my thoughts.
Old 29-07-2017, 03:40 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailey1974
The catholic religion is not christian because they are IDOL worshippers.
Real christians worship god not a image made of wood or other material.
Christmas is a pagan holiday no one knows the day of his birth & it is not in the bible.
Gotta say that I am pleased with this post of yours. I'm glad you mentioned the word Christian. Because the view on the original followers of Yeshua of the so called gentile nations(remember GOY in Hebrew is not considered a derogatory word anymore). Until the fullness of the Goyim/Gentile nations are come in is a thought that comes to mind. These original Christians were and still are living in the time of Grace. These supposed Goy are built into the House like they would be grafted into the Vine, remember that that which is grafted in takes on the form of the Mother plant, so to speak. So even for a novice in spiritual affairs would be able to know what is. Did you know that anyone claiming to be one of those original Christians opens their whole heart when another person comes along and tests them at the Law. The Yeshua I know and people like him since the giving of the promise were always tested at the Torah. How do we know if the Torah we are reading now is the same in the day of Yeshua and others. Jeremiah 8:8? But I will say this "not one Yodh or one stroke of the bamboo pen of old will fall from your Heart of the perfect Torah.
Old 29-07-2017, 05:46 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Hello.

I have never read of anything related to Easter and Ashtoreth. Interested in where you have found this information? Please note, I intend no offense. I ask because I am interested in learning. Thank you.

My grandmother was Catholic. Her daughters were raised to be that way also in a way.

Recently I have begun to give the demonitions of Christianity more of a chance than I had previously.

Christians worship God, Catholics also worship God, but in different ways. The two religions differ in ritual, certain beliefs, also as stated yes different bibles.

As far as it goes however, they both worship the same God. Catholics do not worship idols. Not all of them. What are seen as idols are simply the differences in the religions which both have faith that a God exists, and both Christianity and Catholicism have a place in their religions for Christ.

Neither one is better.

Native Americans worship the very same God Christians and Catholics do. Their rituals are different, and their ceremonies, also their traditions.

It is the very same God. What makes beliefs and religions different are the different ways in which they worship the very same God. When Christians say their God is the only and one God they are in a sense right. A Native American could very well say their God is the one and only and be right.

It is the same force. To me it is.

When I think of rituals, ceremonies, and traditions, all it means to me is ways in which we all worship the same God, but things many humans perverse to merely continue arguing with each other.

Personally I put my own faith in Catholicism. If others wish to put their faith in another religion it doesn't bother me and why should it?

I am a Catholic who uses a King James bible. It is the only one I currently have.

As for the difference? It is in the rituals and ceremonies. The similarity is that neither religion sits around and worships the ceremonies. Or at least, ideally.

Just my thoughts.
So the same God? Did you know that the letters Alef and Ayin are the two letters that are considered silent even though they are spoken? It's sort of a spiritual Hand/Eye coordination technique. At times they have similar sounds attributed to them. With that in mind lets take a look at the Ashtoreth which could be spelled Ishtareth. If you're Catholic you may want to peek at the word Ashtoreth I believe it is still in the kjv and simply google search.
Could you possibly point out in other spiritual groups on this planet that have their God being Killed on Passover/Pesach and after three days literally rises from the grave? What comes to mind is that Yeshua is slain at the same part of the Day as that Pharoah (thats never named) in the time of Moses. Not only that but they now worship their God from the Dead on a totally different day than Pesach. Does Daniel 7:25 come to mind when thinking about this blatantly obvious replacement ritualistic ceremony that is now made Law in many countries. Same God? I know to differ and yes some of my Spiritual Family are Catholics and Christians and every other Goy there is. It's now time for my Family to come out of Her, it's happening as we speak. Every day many will be added. Those that are added are added because of their righteousness is righteousness indeed and in deed even as there Righteousness is growing and when it is fully matured the realisation of the True Power of YHWH will be established. Did you know the concept of the letters YHWH are actually the symbols of four women. Why else would YHWH be in the Feminine? Did you know that the 4 Letters which are 4 Women which are the 4 Winds and also the 4 Rivers of Life are 1 Woman? Did you also know that two of those 4 Woman letters are Spirit Letters, they are all Spiritual Letters especially Together.
We could have a discussion about those people that came brandishing their God inspired books and the atrocities they caused. That's for another time and it will be given in full detail.
So back to your personal congregation, what makes you any different from any other hypocrite that bares the same name and brandishes a book?
I love to hear the different answers from different people on this one, especially them that are of Christian and Catholic backgrounds.