Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 10-10-2021, 12:39 PM
Master

social science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Those fields are not science. Social science is a misnomer, they get the label because they're studied formally in an academic setting.
It may be misnomer for some but not for everyone .
Same way spirituality too can be learned in academic settings without the baggage of religious rituals .

While I understand and appreciate you POV , I just share the rationale for my POV.
Old 10-10-2021, 01:03 PM
Ghaleon

Fact: Spirit came before science (mathematics & matter)

Before any physicality only pure spirit existed. Of course there's proof!
Old 10-10-2021, 01:32 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaleon

The argument was originally only about proof of life after death. Your statements don't change the situation that there's a lack of proof.... There is no "of course" about anything.
Old 10-10-2021, 02:14 PM
Master
Quote:

The view where matter had a beginning is also just a belief, of both creationists and atheists. Nobody can show actual proof of the origins of our universe, whether they are creationists or atheists. For all we know, the Universe may have always been eternal and our belief in 'creation' or 'big bang' is just what our puny human brains wanna imagine to be true, because we cannot fathom eternity, creating a bias in our attempts to understand the universe.
Old 10-10-2021, 02:45 PM
Ghaleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
The argument was originally only about proof of life after death. Your statements don't change the situation that there's a lack of proof.... There is no "of course" about anything.

Exactly! This ties and support exactly what i said. I'm not going to repeat myself but please look at post #129.

"Lack" of proof doesn't make it untrue or false its just "what is". There is certainly proof but as far as lack of proof that is debatable. There "is" of course proof of life after death as i have already explained! Also are we ignoring the fact that there is proof even at the slightest. Does this "lack of proof" mean that its not sufficient enough to draw conclusions whether they are theories, hypothesis or otherwise?

Quote:
The view where matter had a beginning is also just a belief, of both creationists and atheists. Nobody can show actual proof of the origins of our universe, whether they are creationists or atheists. For all we know, the Universe may have always been eternal and our belief in 'creation' or 'big bang' is just what our puny human brains wanna imagine to be true, because we cannot fathom eternity, creating a bias in our attempts to understand the universe.

It is beyond some rigid belief Altair. What we've been shown and or learned or told about the universe is false! Consciousness exists beyond this realm (see patrix). We cannot measure things beyond the 5 senses with scientific equipment because that is impossible by default. However we need to look at the things that are not so obvious and THAT is where the proof is.

Every dimension/Heaven has a set number of densities and just like here on Earth not everything within these densities can be physically seen. Wind cant be seen but we know it exists. "Everything" is beliefs! Even atheist believe in something, they believe that nothing happens after you die. Such a souls awareness is not high as they consider themselves the body, the soul, the personality. There are those that believe in just one thing unwilling to change it (rigid) nor will they keep they're beliefs fluid.

I've stated many times that theres nothing wrong with beliefs as we all have them but the problem is when we take our beliefs as truths. We humans can attempt to understand the universe because everything that exists outside the patrix being the khaa or greater universe exists within ourselves as well.
We are all in different levels of awareness (consciousness) and development of spirituality (considering a person has spirit to begin with) so this is not so "far out there" like you are making it seem.

We can stretch our neurological pathways to understand certain things about our planets history but the only thing that is unfathomable is Source/All That Is (The Monad) in its wholeness. Therefore i do not feed into the fear surrounding this subject that "we don't have any real proof that there is an afterlife"

There is indeed "proof" of life after death but people "choose" to ignore it. It has to do with rigid beliefs and lack of knowledge regarding consciousness. If someone has a rigid belief then no matter how true something is, whatever comes outside the current belief in the form of information and ultimately knowledge is "firewalled" off to affirm the current belief and for different reasons (fear and comfortability being just two of them)

This is why i don't subscribe to one particular thing or belief. How could i if i want to see the bigger picture.
Old 10-10-2021, 03:14 PM
Master
Our minds just cannot deal with any notion of eternity, nor can they imagine boundlessness. The mind likes to structure experiences, think in terms of beginnings and ends, ups and downs. I am convinced that there was something 'before' our universe, some other universe, and it was always this way. The human mind influences the topic of how we approach the universe's origins.

Quote:
We cannot measure things beyond the 5 senses with scientific equipment because that is impossible by default.

Yes.

Quote:
We can stretch our neurological pathways to understand certain things about our planets history but the only thing that is unfathomable is Source/All That Is (The Monad) in its wholeness. Therefore i do not feed into the fear surrounding this subject that "we don't have any real proof that there is an afterlife"

It has never bothered me either.
Old 10-10-2021, 04:31 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Our minds just cannot deal with any notion of eternity, nor can they imagine boundlessness. The mind likes to structure experiences, think in terms of beginnings and ends, ups and downs. I am convinced that there was something 'before' our universe, some other universe, and it was always this way. The human mind influences the topic of how we approach the universe's origins.

Talking about the human mind, a link to You Tube to laugh.

Enjoy
Old 31-10-2021, 03:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
This'll be an interesting thread. I am not a skeptic, I believe in life after death but it will be interesting to read the replies, I'll come back next week.

ADDED: *What makes you sure that our consciousness survives after death*

My daughter had memory of her past life. When she was 2 years and 3 months old, she let me know who she was in her past life and also why she came to me in this life.
Old 31-10-2021, 04:37 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
My daughter had memory of her past life. When she was 2 years and 3 months old, she let me know who she was in her past life and also why she came to me in this life.

Hello Kris,

Thank you for sharing such an intimate and beautiful experience.

What beautiful exchanges your daughter and you must have.

It brings back to my memory the relation my father and best friend had together.

We have the mother of those child's to thank for, who makes the choice of the soul she will give birth to as Bouguereau paints it so well.

Old 31-10-2021, 05:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Fields like psychology and economics always have an inbuilt human bias, which is much easier to remove in natural science.
Ah, if only today's scientists were all truly neutral and unbiased, free from preconceptions, willing to follow the evidence wherever it may lead.

I recall reading a story in a book by Dean Radin. I forget the actual details but from memory he was trying to get Nature magazine to publish a meta-analysis study of the evidence for psychic abilities, which proved in scientific terms that such abilities are real. Nature flatly refused to publish it, not because the study was flawed but because they did not want to promote anything in favour of psychism.

Not to mention that the results of many scientific studies often seem to be influenced by whichever companies are funding that research.

Peace