Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 17-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Master

Do we allow people to be as they are even if we don't care for their personality or do we allow only certain personality types we like? Do we allow all ideas to be expressed? Do we only allow them to be expressed if one is willing to defend them?

Should we boil it down to keeping things civil as in no personal attacks upon one's being but attacks are allowed of another's ideas? Should we allow attacks on another's ideas or discussion? What's the difference between an attack and a discussion?

How are we defining things? Maybe we simply need to more explicitly define the ground rules. What constitutes arrogant behavior anyway? It seems as if the OP is really about outlawing arrogance on the forum. Perhaps defining the behaviors perceived as arrogant in the forum rules and telling us not to do that is the solution?
Old 17-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Master
Lets face it, who the hell isn't arrogant at times, I know i can be lol.
Old 17-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Master
yeah I dont have a problem admitting that I can 'act' arrogant sometimes .. I am not edificated enough to pull it off though
Old 17-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
yeah I dont have a problem admitting that I can 'act' arrogant sometimes .. I am not edificated enough to pull it off though
Oh, you shy little thing you lol.
Old 17-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Master
lol oh I can be unlike-able in plenty of others way PS lol I know you agree we all have our infamous talents lol
Old 17-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
lol oh I can be unlike-able in plenty of others way PS lol I know you agree we all have our infamous talents lol
He he, you got me there girlfriend.
Old 17-10-2011, 11:06 AM
midnightstar

I'd lock the thread and PM the members involved to remind them of the rules ...

Before taking any other action I'd discuss it with the staff ...

If I had a choice though I wouldn't be a staff member in the first place I'd be too worried about accidentally deleting the site if you want an honest answer

Just thought of this I'm now confused again (easy to confuse me lol) but isn't discussing staff issues against the rules innerlight?
Old 17-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Jules

Quote:
Just thought of this I'm now confused again (easy to confuse me lol) but isn't discussing staff issues against the rules innerlight?
It's a made up scenario bd
Old 17-10-2011, 11:53 AM
midnightstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
It's a made up scenario bd

I noticed it's made up but I wasn't sure if it still counted as discussing staff issues

I'll stop here because the more I try to work this one out the more I am getting confused ...
Old 17-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Master
These type of threads, I don't typically see you guys closing and honestly they seem to attract like-personality types anyways so I would say let them have at it with each other.
When it gets offensive to a poster, I say let them have at it and let the poster deal with it. I have walked away from such offensiveness.
When it gets offensive to the general public, I say close 'em' down.

In any case, you guys ar doing a great job and anyone can see that there are no hard and fast solutions for the types of things that go on around here. I think you all are doing your best and it seems to work.......
Blessings, james