Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

View Poll Results: Pick..
Human nature is egoistic, soul/consciousness is not 12 66.67%
Both human nature and soul/consciousness are egoistic 2 11.11%
Both human nature and soul/cosnciousness are NOT egoistic 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2010, 01:42 AM
Animus27

Humans are selfish, they have to be, or they would not be here as a species. Although, the consciousness that imbues us may not be egotistical and self-serving, our bag of bones is the opposite. :P
Old 06-10-2010, 02:05 AM
kaze

but its due

a time where the world can be united under god(love)

not muhammad or jesus or whatever

no more holy wars

melt the guns, disarm the nukes

WE ARE PROTECTED EVERYWHERE, this is just are born bodies, life beyond the material existence is much more. although there are many things on earth that are satisfying without violence.

in god we trust on the money.. it should read "LOVE"

all religions are wrong and evil, i HATE them, imo

Last edited by kaze : 06-10-2010 at 02:07 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:39 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaze
but its due

a time where the world can be united under god(love)

not muhammad or jesus or whatever

no more holy wars

melt the guns, disarm the nukes

WE ARE PROTECTED EVERYWHERE, this is just are born bodies, life beyond the material existence is much more. although there are many things on earth that are satisfying without violence.

in god we trust on the money.. it should read "LOVE"

all religions are wrong and evil, i HATE them, imo
Well said. But peace will be a exceedingly difficult thing to achieve and keep for all of humanity, due to the fact that we're an ape with a fair degree of intelligence, which is a double edged sword, it allows us to make up a system of morals concerning our actions. And then choose to ignore them

I wouldn't venture as far to say that all religions are completely wrong and evil, I think that, like nearly everything that has came out of a human's mouth, they are misguided and pretentious in the way they present themselves. Religion, science, nearly everything that's a part of "the world" is an invention by Homo sapiens to give some control and predictability to an otherwise chaotic and cruel existence. So you could say that nearly everything humans have created is egotistical, due to the fact that we've created it all as a way to preserve and continue our species.

It seems I have rambled a little, oh well lol.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:21 AM
mikron

Best Spiritual Light share here for a light worker to see everyone in there highest potential and Yet never tell anyone about this, in this way a light worker will honor the path of those before them!
Old 18-11-2021, 04:19 AM
Master
I have an inflated sense of self importance, I am egotistical yes, I think the world of me and I think that's rather good, I'm over the moon about myself, self love is all important, I don't think it's human nature but it is in my nature however.
Praises.
utopia
Old 19-11-2021, 04:10 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Egoism may have a negative feel to it, but I see it as a natural part of this world.
So what do you think?

You are asking too many questions, at once.

To understand why people view egoism as bad, you first need to decide which was first: Spirit or Material.

If you decide that the Spirit was first, then the material world can be seen as a reflection of it.

Then you have to know, in Spirit, or better said in God's World, it is natural to ask and to receive.
There, you can ask and get and ask and get and get and get and get, you get it: forever. (let's ignore, for now, what it is you get there, for the better understanding)

And when you get it (i mean: if you understand this principle), look on the material world.
The wanting to have is the rule in the God's world.
It is how God expands, and it is by this rule how it is ensured that the expansion is going on, forever.

Then, when the material was made up, and you entered it, you could not get rid of the rule.

But, you can not have endless material things ...

Btw ego:
With a proper understanding, you will notice that the ego is not permanent.
If you view ego as the Reflection of ignorance, then the ego disappears when understanding is attained.
Old 19-11-2021, 08:08 PM
Ghaleon

There's nothing wrong the an ego as we all have one. A ego that isn't bigged or puffed up is actually a good friend in our journey here! Its about our ability to tackle things and ride out storms for lack of a better term.

We build up our personality lifetime after lifetime and our experiences, upbringings and environment form our personality and then the ego.

Its when we use our ego to put down others and or make others feel bad when it becomes a problem and this is where the egotistical, egoist, inflated or highly egotistical comes in.