Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 01-12-2021, 09:33 AM
Deactivated Account
which one?

I often find myself writing about mediumship and during the long pandemic restrictions I've re-acquainted myself with the subject via Zoom.

Recently I took part in a discussion concerning the way mediums present themselves. The range of descriptions was psychic medium, spiritual medium, evidential medium, Spiritualist medium and plain-vanilla medium - apparently the least favored. (healing medium wasn't included, perhaps because 'healer' is preferred.)

I was surprised when one insisted she was a 'psychic medium' because (she explained) she worked in the psychic field - ie with no spirit involvement. After some probing she agreed what she did was counseling/giving advice using what she gleaned by psychic reading. At other times, however, she provided evidential mediumship - ie conveying spirit messages to the sitter.

Two other mediums insisted they would NEVER work in the psychic and ONLY EVER provided evidential mediumship. Confusingly - for me - one said he would call himself a 'spiritual medium'. (or perhaps he'd say 'evidential medium' even though he worked predominantly in the Spiritualist Church where that term is the norm - I think) He did allow, though, that he is a Spiritualist medium - a spiritual, Spiritualist medium!

confused?
Old 02-12-2021, 10:18 AM
Administrator
I can only answer for myself here I am a Medium i am. also psychic I am a Healer and i am a counsellor,
can they intermingle yes they can especially in the counselling aspect.
I dont put labels on what i am other than a medium.

Namaste
Old 02-12-2021, 12:49 PM
Deactivated Account
I completely accept that anyone can choose to work in any single one or in all of the categories - psychic, counselor, medium, healer or whatever.

Problems may arise, though, when a practitioner misunderstands psychic ability or personal counseling for being a medium but someone else, someone seeking evidential mediumship, visits such a practitioner. That's not to suggest an individual can't be an actual evidential medium and also, separately, be offering other services.

Or perhaps it's truly believed those abilities are what defines mediumship? I understand things differently. Doesn't mean I'm right, of course, or that others are wrong. We just have different ideas.
Old 03-12-2021, 01:14 PM
Administrator
The way i work i always tell the persons that i am reading in what capacity i work in be it psychic or mediumship.
normally mediumship with my self. but other could read in psychic way and pass it off as something else.
I have seen that happen once or twice.

Namaste
Old 03-12-2021, 02:43 PM
Deactivated Account
Courtesy of the Zoom platform, mostly while churches were closed, I've watched more mediumship since the pandemic began than I've viewed in years. Some has been excellent and exemplary, some much less so....

I have seen some mediums start to work with a spirit communicator but details given began to sound (to me) like they were no longer connecting mediumistically. I suppose it can happen to any medium but an experienced one avoids giving a psychic reading instead whereas a less-experienced medium may not realise the link has gone.

I'm glad you've made the point, Native spirit, that you explain to your sitter how you will be working. I've responded to many would-be sitters that they should ask what their medium is going to do for them. That way there should be less chance of getting mutton dressed as lamb, no psychic reading carried out instead of mediumship.