Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 21-11-2021, 12:04 PM
Master

relationships

Form a practical perspective , being in relationships may hinder one in spiritual paths . But thats not a rule . Socrates was married and his wife was bellicose belligerent . But definitely his spirituality was still far superior.
Old 21-11-2021, 12:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Being single with no relationship responsibilities has advantages in that we have more choices about how we use our time.

Being in relationship is often a huge learning process. A partner provides a reflection for us in ways which are not available with more casual relationships.
This for sure!!! ^^^^^

It also depends on the partner and thus the shape the relationship takes. Some people don't like spirituality and don't like their partner being busy with it.
Some people don't like their partner to have a time consuming thing in life other then them.
But in the right relationship partners inspire and support one another, and then they add to your being, your essence, and actually help your spiritual growth!

I personally find work much more disruptive of spiritual & personal growth than a relationship & partner. That's because work tends to tire me, not fill me with joy, not support & inspire who I am etc.
Then, when I get home, I feel too drained to have any energy left for spiritual work.
Old 21-11-2021, 03:17 PM
Knower

Thank you for your replies friends :)
Old 09-12-2021, 05:34 PM
Ascender

No, I don’t think it would slow things down. Some are single by choice and are quite happy being so, others are single because of negative beliefs blocking out meaningful love.

I believe that you can grown spiritually whatever your relationship status. If single, no problem, you can just do your own thing. If you are looking for love, then ask the Higher Powers to guide you to the right people: romantic partners who also share your spiritual interests and have awareness.
Old 13-12-2021, 12:41 PM
Knower

Thank you for your reply Sir Neil :)
Old 13-12-2021, 07:14 PM
Master
It depends on the type of person you are in a relationship with and whether they respect your spiritual path. Spiritual development eventually gives us a connection with all of creation, including other people. If your significant other is on a similar spiritual path as you it can be great. Meditating and doing spiritual study with another person can be wonderful. Growing together can be fantastic, understanding that people who we are close to can act as a mirror for us. Relationships are the most important thing on this planet. We give to each other the work, or lack of work, that we have done on ourselves. Nothing can thrive in a vacuum and we can not learn how to have healthy relationships by not having relationships. We are all inextricably connected, and in my opinion, the entire journey of life is learning about ourselves and our connections.
Old 13-12-2021, 08:09 PM
Master

Not in most cases, no.
We are social creatures.

Being alone can serve a purpose for a while but I see spirituality as an acceptance and awareness of our entire nature, including our physical and social needs as a species.

I think spirituality has damaged a lot of people with the isolation it has encouraged.
Old 18-12-2021, 01:58 PM
Knower
For me it's all about balance. For instance, if a person over eats it can cause obesity and insulin resistance. There are a few rare cases where people have transitioned. If you starve yourself you can obviously transition. So where the middle ground is is best IMHO. For the past 10 yrs or so I've been single. I just met someone that balances me out in every way. For awhile I felt that a relationship would hinder my spiritual growth. However, this person recognizes that 1. I am the main character in my story 2. She is the main character in her story 3. We both need time for our growth. It also helps that we see along the same lines.

However, what's right for me might not be right for another. I also think having other relationships with family, friends and work colleagues are good for the soul. Like Mr Miyagi says.. Balance danielson.
Old 30-03-2022, 09:32 AM
Knower

Thank you for your replies friends :)
Old 30-03-2022, 11:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Being single with no relationship responsibilities has advantages in that we have more choices about how we use our time.

Being in relationship is often a huge learning process. A partner provides a reflection for us in ways which are not available with more casual relationships.
Yep, exactly. In my own life I've found romantic relationships to be often extremely challenging and triggering, but they undoubtedly significantly sped up my development. On the other hand, there have also been lengthy periods in which I was single and had no desire whatsoever for a relationship, and those periods were also very important for my development, too, because I could focus completely on self-healing (and I had a lot of healing to do).

In the context of spiritual development, both parties really have to have the same priorities, or the relationship is just going to become an obstacle to growth.