Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-12-2021, 02:23 PM
Lorelyen

Too many Tarot symbols to list. Their meanings tend to be standardised but I've developed variations relevant to me. Together, to quote Paul Foster Case, they add up to a Book of Wisdom.

Likewise the Voodoo Vevés that act as machines to call upon the Loa or worship them. A Loa symbolises a whole range of correspondences pertinent to their existence. It's too simplistic to assign simple attributes to Loa but ok to show what they generally stand for. Zili, Ezile, Erzuli stands for love with a strong bias toward the carnal.
The Ghédé are a big family that symbolise some aspect of the spirit world after death, protecting it (as in Baron Cimitière) keeping the wisdom of the dead - but also some of the family are about the care of children.
Etc.
My maître tête is Damballa (creativity) with Simbi (magic, light-heartedness) 'chipping in'.

However, as I'm a semioticist (the 'science' of signs), everything around me is a sign signifying something that adds up to my perception of reality. The world is made up of signs.

Old 23-12-2021, 04:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand

Our physical universe his one side of the Damaru that emerged from the singularity, that Shiva is holding, in the Big Bang.

In the Big Crunch, our universe will return to its singularity that Shiva is holding in the middle of the Damaru and will come out from the outer side of the singularity as another new world.

Antoine
Great thread - I can resonate with this- singularity must form back to the original selfs - leaving observing to deal with reincarnation- like they are singularity…. More information is neeeded but definitely some truth!!?

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 23-12-2021, 07:29 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul13
Great thread - I can resonate with this- singularity must form back to the original selfs - leaving observing to deal with reincarnation- like they are singularity…. More information is neeeded but definitely some truth!!?

Hello Lost Soul,

Thank you for the compliment on the thread.

As for more information, it is my experience that it can only be found within, and when it is found there is no more within or without.

Enjoy!

Antoine
Old 24-12-2021, 06:04 AM
Master
About symbols, once in a fluidic, vibrational realm, I ‘saw’ the Ohm symbol, as Shiva dancing, complete with the Bindu as the crescent moon!
Old 24-12-2021, 12:55 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
About symbols, once in a fluidic, vibrational realm, I ‘saw’ the Ohm symbol, as Shiva dancing, complete with the Bindu as the crescent moon!

Interesting Unseeking,

Did you try to enter this symbol then?
Old 24-12-2021, 03:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Interesting Unseeking,

Did you try to enter this symbol then?

No. I as presence was simply offered to see the dance of Shiva, thus.

On an earlier occasion, I did enter His heart … to see the dweller of His heart. At that time, the manifest outer form was different. The grace was preceded by a ‘test’
Old 24-12-2021, 04:15 PM
Master
QUOTE 3 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Nice interpretation IAmThat,

OM is the primordial Sound coming out from the Bindu as the primordial Ligth.

The OM symbol by itself has served as an awesome focal point for meditation for me personally (and others as well) since the Rishis of India understood well the value of symbology and sound relevant to OM.

Attachment 3015

The Bindu is perceived as the seed thought/vibration/projecting-Light-point for the manifestation. The small curve is the transcendental curve beyond which lies the entangling manifestation. The three larger curves represent the various trinities of which the following are the most commonly noted:

- Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva (creative, sustaining, destroying forces)

- Time (Present, past , future)

- States of Man (deep sleep, dream formation, "waking" state)

The surrounding space is the "nothingness" that is not really nothing from which it all emerges and to which it all returns.

The symbol OM can also be said to represent the Big Bang process whereby the Light (your terminology) projects the entire manifestation leading potentially to entanglement.

Chanting OM (aloud or mentally) completes the picture as the Rishis knew how to effectively utilize sound. Just as fine sand forms specific patterns when moved by specific sounds, so does the chanting of OM facilitate movements in the "mind stuff" (for lack of better terminology) leading to realization of all that is written above.

There are indeed many other justifications for chanting OM while meditating on all that the symbol implies.

P.S. The drum in your symbol reminds me of Shiva Natarajan dancing to the rhythms/drumming-sounds of the Universe. The trident, as often noted, represents holiness and good deeds and is said to remove the troubles of past, present and future.

Last edited by Still_Waters : 16-03-2022 at 09:58 PM.
Old 24-12-2021, 04:28 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Chanting OM (aloud or mentally) completes the picture as the Rishis knew how to effectively utilize sound.

It may be of interest to some,

Someone on this link who is trying to find back again how to correctly pronounce the sound OM using Cymatics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36eJQcXwpbY

But it is not yet the right way to pronounce OM. He is using in this video a mix of three primordial sounds: Ha, E, and OM and not just the original OM. IMHO.

Enjoy!
Old 24-12-2021, 04:43 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
No. I as presence was simply offered to see the dance of Shiva, thus.

On an earlier occasion, I did enter His heart … to see the dweller of His heart. At that time, the manifest outer form was different. The grace was preceded by a ‘test’

The only symbol I got to see as a presence was the Sri Yantra or Shi Chakra that I had never seen before that as an image on paper or any other physical medium.

It appeared to me in a 3D holographic moving/rotating form and stayed there for months some 27 years ago until my kundalini really started its process in my physical body.

I cannot say that, as a presence, I see symbols anymore, the closest that comes to a symbol when I 'see' something is this cosmic entity as a living form, it is 'behind' all what is called creation by some.

Antoine
Old 25-12-2021, 01:59 AM
Master
@ Legrand … Hirayangarbha. In the head ovoid. The one. Then splits, becoming two. Shiva and Shakti.

What I mean is this is how I ‘saw’ this. I didn’t know, asked, so was told that the name of cosmic egg is Hirayangarbha. At that time the word was new to me. Later, I googled it of course!

In my case, this happened and then, with polarities, Shiva & Shakti descending into the heart centre, resulting in an explosion of bliss in permanence, igniting the central vein.

The egg shape was inverted in my case.