Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 26-09-2021, 01:54 PM
Master
QUOTE 950 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
To be honest, in deep silence, in the void, all I heard was the reverberation Ohm (ॐ).
Amen ! Although one may delight in the reverberation OM (as I still do), one can go beyond even that.
Old 26-09-2021, 02:16 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Miss H … well, so as of hearts longing, last night, whilst awake, I peeped into the silence and was
greeted with a reverberating rhythmic rolling of drums, accompanied by the sound
of a conch like an electric organ
… l
Yes, classic sounds!
And the many layers! Ah.
Ha, one day follow only these sounds, no expectations ...see where they lead! It's like a little magic carpet ride, just for you.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-09-2021, 02:20 PM
Master
QUOTE 956 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Yet when I do a retreat there comes a point where absolutely no distinction is made between the sleeping state and the awake state.

When I am not on a retreat, the kind of attention needed during my work ask that there is a distinction made between the sleeping state and the awake state, even if I am aware while sleeping.

Since I am retired now and, during this pandemic of social distancing and physical isolation, I am essentially on a never-ending retreat and hence it is easier for me to sustain the retreat state that you described above.

I am at an advantage in being retired and, only yesterday, I walked 7.5 miles as a continuation of that silent retreat-like meditation process.

P.S. I loved your hamster video. A picture/video is worth a thousand words.
Old 25-11-2021, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinnat
Not even earplugs, if one simply put one's fingertips lightly in the opening of the ear cavities, one can hear some kind of thunder roaring sound but it is not those inner sound which are associated with meditation.
I am not an expert, but guess is that this roaring kind of sound is generated by flow of the blood in the veins which are pressed hard by the earplugs.
My input...None of the above is true. Take it or leave it, readers.
Yes, lightly placing fingers in the ears...great.
This can not be done in the office or driving...not even falling asleep...
and can not be done for long periods without an arm rest.
What you do have right is that you are guessing.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-11-2021, 05:12 AM
Master
You listen for the sound that is in your head, whatever you can hear, focus attention on it and see where it takes you. If the outcome makes a difference to you, like, you are really pleased if you have an 'experience' and displeased if nothing happenes, that's not meditation.
Old 13-12-2021, 03:26 PM
Cat Re post #965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
If ...... you are really pleased if you have an 'experience' and displeased if nothing happens, that's not meditation.
Hi Gem, This was interesting to me...I had never heard anyone say this.
I understand detachment in results, sure. That is a Buddhist and Hindu teaching...
(they all overlap, from what I see, that's nice.) :)
But, why do you say if you are pleased with an experience that is not meditation?
I am more than pleased; I jump out of my skin in Joy for days sometimes because of what I exp'd in meditation!!!!

Old 14-12-2021, 02:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
But, why do you say if you are pleased with an experience that is not meditation?
I did a lot of strict meditation with a grueling schedule and what I found was you don't always want to sit, and feel things like boredom, impatience and become very miserable when you feel uncomfortable, and then, since you don't have a wonderful meditation - disappointment, frustration, negativity. On the other hand there is one of those wonderful meditations, all pleasure, depth, energy which we'd think of as success and progress, and feel elated by it. But the next time you sit, your legs hurt and you don't feel like it, and you get nowhere and feel impatient and frustrated and tell yourself negative stories again.

The reason I say this is not meditation is because that is still trying to get pleasure and still trying to get away from the unpleasant. When you can sit there and your legs hurt but your mind does not get impatient, adverse, frustrated or generate the me, my, mine and I negativities, you are just there and it is the way it is. Otherwise, if it's really nice with the pleasure, energies, depths, it still like, 'this will pass'.

If you meditate a lot without letting up, you see the pains come and after a while they go away and change into pleasures, which become painful later in the day. The energy feels nice, but it gets stronger and becomes uncomfortable, everything changing, pleasant, unpleasant, mundane... while you are 'just there', neutral and unaffected by whatever's happening.

In fact it's true you aren't affected by anything that happens... but 'ego' lives off being affected and therefore reacting in that action/reaction, cause/effect cycle. When you chase pleasure in meditation, that's ego with it's desire chasing, and when you feel uncomfortable and frustrated, bored, impatient, that's ego in its aversion. Avoiding this; chasing that.

Ego is always avoiding and pursuing, but the reality is 'just there'. At some point it is revealed and you see that whole ego and the way it plays out, and you know, this is not me. You feel the presence of yourself, untouchable, indestructible, observant and aware... Which is also not quite the essence of it... but the next thing is more like an accident that just happens, and there's nothing anyone can do about that... when actually, you never have done anything and you will never do anything anyway.

Last edited by Gem : 14-12-2021 at 04:47 AM.
Old 14-12-2021, 03:13 AM
Thanks for getting back to me, Gem.

Old 14-12-2021, 05:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
You feel the presence of yourself, untouchable, indestructible, observant and aware... Which is also not quite the essence of it... but the next thing is more like an accident that just happens, and there's nothing anyone can do about that... when actually, you never have done anything and you will never do anything anyway.

I don’t know if it’s the same thing … an invisible flicker in space, something shifts, a veil drops away, we be and see, mirrorlessly … then back here again.
Old 14-12-2021, 08:39 PM
Master
Quote:
I don’t know if it’s the same thing … an invisible flicker in space, something shifts, a veil drops away, we be and see, mirrorlessly … then back here again.
I have no idea what you're talking about.