Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 06-01-2022, 11:09 PM
Knower
I would recommend Real Magic by Dean Radin. I haven't read it (I would expect this book to be mostly on science) but I follow his work. He is a fascinating researcher of psi phenomena.
Old 09-02-2022, 03:14 AM
B. Civyl

Not a book, but I wrote an essay on the topic that I think you'll find real interesting. I guarantee it's nothing you've ever read before. It's called "The Water-like Properties of Matter". Not long, 6 pages, double spaced. If anyone is interested, you can find it on my website, bcivyl.com. I'd be really interested to hear what people think. Nobody ever seems to want to talk about this stuff, but maybe in this community...
Old 09-02-2022, 03:30 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Civyl
Not a book, but I wrote an essay on the topic that I think you'll find real interesting. Nobody ever seems to want to talk about this stuff, but maybe in this community...
Why don't YOU talk about this stuff in a way that will engage us? One reason folk don't want to talk about stuff can be that the stuff is of interest to very few....
Old 09-02-2022, 04:38 AM
B. Civyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Why don't YOU talk about this stuff in a way that will engage us? One reason folk don't want to talk about stuff can be that the stuff is of interest to very few....

I would actually love to talk about this stuff if anyone is interested. I've been dealing with rejection for a long time and I'm hoping this site will help me to unburden myself of a lot that I've kept inside. I've been touching on the content of the essay in other posts, but to really explain it ... 6 pages, even double spaced, is a lot for a forum post. That's why I would love for people to read my essay where I talk about this stuff in a way that I hope will engage you. Then if people want to have an open dialogue about it - that would be really, really nice for once.
Old 09-02-2022, 01:40 PM
Deactivated Account
I suggest it's unrealistic to expect us to go hunting for something we have no idea we'll have any interest in anyway.....

If you want to draw folk in then a few points taken from your piece might help them decide if what you've written has any appeal.
Old 02-03-2022, 02:58 PM
Master
I’ve read a few but can’t remember their titles…

I read 3-4 books a year..

Immersive…

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 02-03-2022, 03:15 PM
Knower
I don't believe science and spirituality could or even should be bridged. Science is about the material world, spirituality is about the invisible world, the dimension which does not have material nature. Naturally the two dimensions do overlap sometimes, but trying to find spirits with the means of science is, in my opinion, a mistake that leads to either of these two outcomes:

1) Pseudo-science:
Taking shortcuts with scientific methods, or making biased research in order to prove something we believe in, and as a result, ending up producing something that might look like science, but does not follow the actual guidelines of scientific research. Anyone with proper scientific knowledge can see what the outcome is, and they will call it out as pseudo-science, rightfully so.

2) Loss of faith:
By focusing on the scientific method, we end up focusing on the material world, and as a result, we block our own spiritual senses, believing only what we can materially prove - and as a result we damage ourselves spiritually, ending up repressing our spiritual nature.

- Don't get me wrong, I understand where the desire to do this comes from, in the Western culture the word "science" is equal to the words "true" or "credible". It's tempting to take the credibility of science into our team. But, in my opinion, it's a mistake. I think spirituality is found by embracing our spiritual senses and as frustrating as it is, science (=material world) gotta take the backseat in that practice.
Old 06-03-2022, 10:00 PM
skyman

Ashayana Deane.. might be a good source.

I'm not sure, but basically one of her old videos made me come here. Why:
she connects human history and spirituality, and ETs, etc. and the way she talks sound
very sincere, modest, and honest, competent, and a little bit scientific.
Not someone brainwashed by a reliogion, or a fraudster trying to make money from
people's beliefs.

I was slightly familiar with David Wilcock, and I only took what he says seriously if those things are related to real life. And suddenly other stuff he said become interesting as well.