Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-10-2021, 08:30 AM
Newbie ;)

My dad came to visit me

I have recently subscribed to this forum, mostly to talk about my personal experience with afterlife.

My dad died less than a month ago due to a heart attack. We had been living together for the past 5 years and we were very close. He was a gentle soul who grew in the woods and was taking care of animals (even wild ones) and plants since he was a child. He was a sensitive introvert, but he could look "cold" to strangers and to me sometimes too. Through time, we developed a strong spiritual connection that didn't require many words. He died in my arms, but we were not able to say goodbye. Things could have gone differently that day, if I only knew, and it's hard not to think about it.

I'm a spiritual person, but at the same time a rational one, I don't easily get influenced by "signs": the idea that my brain could be searching for signs and finding some on his own, doesn't really make me feel better. I need clear signs to believe in something.

There was a bird visiting his window the day before his death. And also an episode where I was telling my dad I loved him, while driving home after his funeral, and a truck showed up right after in the motorway with a logo saying "we care for you" and an arrow pointing to the top right. Following the arrow, I saw a cloud with the shape of a man wearing a baseball hat: my dad used to wear one.

These signs for me are uncertain and I'm aware they could have something to do with me searching for a communication with my dad. We can all see what we want in clouds.

However, what happened exactly 3 weeks (21 days) after his death, has convinced me my dad came to visit home.

I woke up around 7 am and, at 7,30, I heard a noise coming from my dad's bedroom: his door was shacking like if someone was trying to open that door. I thought it could be my dog, but he was close to me. There was no wind, nothing that could make that door shake that way. The door closes pretty firmly and hasn't done that noise ever before. Only a person could move the door that way. I instinctly opened it and said: hello dad!

For the rest of the day, I felt like my dad was at home with me: his smell was there. Another "weird" accident was that when I passed near his gramophone (my dad was a collector of old radios and also had a gramophone) there was a sound coming out from it. Not a voice or anything I could understand, just a sound like a knock.

Later that night I took my dog out and, to my surprise, my bf called me at 10 pm telling me that the door was shaking again. I rushed home and I couldn't witness it anymore. My bf was scared and had locked himself in our bedroom. I later realized that my dad used to wake up at 7,30 am and go to bed around 10 pm.

Since that day, nothing similar happened again. I've been watching the door constantly, listening to his gramophone, but no sound was coming out of it.

I will keep an eye in the future, but I have the feeling that he came to visit to say goodbye the way he could.

I'm not asking anyone here to prove what I say is real or no, I would just like to know if people who had a similar experience find some pattern here and can tell me if this was either a farewell or a visit that could become frequent.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:26 AM
Administrator
Hi chris.

The signs that you see are from your dad, you may notice little bugs scurrying past you when you are walking ,as your dad was one with nature,
Birds visiting the window sills etc, your dad is letting you know he is fine now. if the door rattles again. ask hum to stop doing that, he will listen to you.

Namaste
Old 03-10-2021, 04:55 PM
asearcher

Hi Chris81, first of all I'm so sorry for your loss. If I should share my own experiences they are too that I have felt that particular smell. I have felt the presence at the funeral and too as if being kissed on the head and then it was as if the presence went away. Before that the smell. I can't say I have had witness or suspected the departed to have moved anything, but I have later in life experienced such things as doors opening and closing etc. (but then I have not suspected the one departed, years in between the happenings).

I understand your skeptism and being thrown between hope and despair, wanting to believe, not sure one should etc

I have experienced specific songs being played too, favorites, on radio turned on by itself.

I wish you well in your grieving process, I know it is very hard. Later in life as it gets to be in a different way, even if one will always have a grief, it will change, and then you might connect through meditation.

In the beginning the grief is so intense one is sort of blurred by it, it was so with me anyhow. I believe it was more easy for the spirit to come through after a while.

Last edited by asearcher : 04-10-2021 at 04:34 AM.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:57 PM
Ascender

When my brother died, that evening I was in the bathroom and I could hear his slippers going down the hall to his bedroom. And the next morning at too early o'clock, he woke me up with the smell of coffee and tuna. He lived with me the last few months of his life so I could tend to his surgical wounds and take him to all his chemo, radiation and doctor's appointments. He lost his tongue to cancer and was unable to taste food, let alone eat it after radiation to his jaw. He 'ate' via gastric tube feeding. He told me he dreamt about eating food. So I guess when he visited the 2nd time he brought food with him.

So, Chris I believe that your father did indeed visit you and tried to let you know he was there. I'm sorry for your loss.
Old 05-10-2021, 11:34 AM
Newbie ;)

Thanks everyone for your kind messages.
I feel so much better since my dad sent me that "message". The worst pain was when I thought my dad could have just "disappeared" into nothingness. I now know he's there, we're just far away (or very close but cannot communicate or touch each other like before). I do miss him a lot, but it's more bearable. I talk to him a lot and turn on his radio daily.

I talked with my mother (they were divorced) and she told me that my dad, many years before, told her he believed in the afterlife and in case someday he died he would try to send a message if possible. It came as no surprise to her he managed to do so, it's pretty common in our family.

I see some of you had similar experiences and, from the experience of other people, I notice that deads often manifest themselves doing something they used to do in their life, some habit.

My dad was trying to open the door of his bedroom, at the same time he used to open it when he was alive. That was when he woke up and when he went to sleep.

I wonder why not trying a more obvious message, something like writing "I love you. Dad."

I know the understanding of how they communicate with us is limited, but I find it interesting they replicate old habits. Any theory about why this happens?
Old 05-10-2021, 02:22 PM
asearcher

Hi, my guess is that it is for you to recognize, and too there is energy left overs in things, like glasses a person use to wear etc, memory based energies.